Another top girlgroup that is being forgotten by the GP

• First we have gfriend and now its MAMAMOO's turn. They are doing poorly on k-chart since AYA. Honestly im not expecting mumumumuch to underperfomed cuz the song is kinda GP friendly but i guess its just gp that is not interested with them anymore.

Its sad to see how all the top group that used to dominate the chart, once is known as a digital monster and very popular but now is underperformed but i guess thats how things work for girlgroup ? Its nice while it last.

Its also really shows that 4th gen is really taking over the current music scene with Aespa,Itzy and Stayc being the new gp's favourite.

Feels like yesterday when we got news about gfriend and mamamoo getting paks omg im so old ;(

• Dingga did well even if it wasn't a title track. Mamamoo's 2021 releases so far have been "for the fans" kinda thing to celebrate their 7th anniversary.

WAWN was a ballad released during the summer and mumumumuch will have zero promo. Charting didn't seem to be the aim of these lol.

All 23 tracks from their album charted though so I'd say the interest in their music is still definitely there.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I need RBW to stop being lazy and do better though but that's another convo :pepeshut:

• I've made many poetic posts about the inevitable "turning" that is happening right now.

Twilight has come upon 3rd gen their days are numbered, while 4th gen are slowly taking over.

Everyone thinks that 3rd gen groups led by Twice, BTS, and BP are still on top, no questions asked. But if you look deeper, there are cracks, both internally and externally.

Father Time never loses. And it's especially hard on GGs.

Dalla Dalla was the shot across the bow, a warning to 3rd gen groups.

Next Level was the turning point, the way it smashed all other comebacks including those of Twice, BTS, RV, OMG, Rose and now Lisa, indicating that the peak of 3rd gen has passed.

The lions and lionesses of 3rd Gen may continue to soldier on but one by one, they'll slowly fall. Gfriend is gone, MMM is gone. RV, Twice, OMG, BP and BTS still trying desperately to stay relevant.

PS Your list of 4th gen up and comers should have included Idle and Izone as well but they were suspiciously sabotaged by outside forces. Someone even tried to take down Itzy with the Lia rumors and Aespa with the Karina rumors. Very suspicious ngl.

• This happened with 2nd gen groups. 3rd gen came in swinging hard and you had all these 2nd gen groups just dying and the 3rd gen groups replacing them and erasing their legacy. The K-pop industry moves fast. After 5-6 years the public moves on to the next best thing. It’s a wash and repeat cycle. Older groups get left behind or can’t keep up with the trend. We will have their replacements sooner or later. It’s one issue I have with K-pop.

And to give Mamamoo the benefit of the doubt. Where was the promo for this comeback? It’s lacking. I didn’t know they had a comeback.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I didn't even know Mamamoo had a comeback. Did they promote/tease it at all?

Same. I literally just now learned from this thread that they had a comeback.

It's not really a proper comeback. They only posted concept photos on social media but there won't be any promotions this era. It's more of a gift song to go along with their I say Mamamoo : The Best album.

External Content youtube.com

• I thought it was charting decently. citron-icy can you tell me more?

It's not a comeback so they don't have a promo, the song is mostly featured in the album because it was appreciated a lot by the fans during a concert it's more of a gift for the fans than something else this album and this song, the real return will be with the solo of Hwasa which is in preparation.

And besides without promotion: so if it is what some call a "forgotten" group

• ^^^^^ periodt

• I didn't even know Mamamoo had a comeback. Did they promote/tease it at all?

I didn’t know they had a comeback.

Same. I literally just now learned from this thread that they had a comeback.

If you want to be kept up to date with Mamamoo news, the tag list is here:

And if you want to discuss about MMM we also got a thread in KMC guild, you can join here :

• I feel wheein saying that she would stay until her contract end put the final nail in mmm coffin

its give the public a sense of ending even if they are still promoting so why bother

them starting to promote as 3 would have been a fresh start kinda how the wg did after member left

• At least you sound cool saying all of those, hyung

<3<3<3

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Give him best post for the effort alone 👀

• I read from fans that the company is sabotaging them, like only stocking 7k copies for 1st day sales... It wouldn't surprise me knowing the history of many other top groups that suffered due to their companies

But even taking that into account we know it's the start of a new generation and younger groups are more appreciated by both fans and public. Older groups with not big backing will slowly be forgotten. However I have faith in MMM members, like Hwasa only needs another viral variety appearance/ collab and the group will be in everyone's radar once again

• Mamamoo is not affected by this, they have a mature concept from the start and never quite meet the standard of beauty in Korea. In addition, their fan base is mostly made up of women.

Maybe i should elaborate. Mamamoo is not immune to declining just because they have a mature concept and all those other reasons u mentioned. They need to promote well as a group but as they get older, they will decline as they promote less.

• I mean, as pointed out by Citron-Icy, the songs from the album charted really well on Bugs, and this is without promotion. I wouldn't call that under-performing at all.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Trying desperately? Hmm... That's weird because some of the groups mentioned are doing very well.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• The last time I saw mumumumuch was rising on all the charts. Even if it didn't make it to any chart it wouldn't be suprising because its an unpromoted songs for the fans....it isn't supposed to chart at all. Except their entire album charted in the top 60 on debut.

The members solos alone are selling and charting like top groups so I think moomoo's and mamamoo are content with that. They are doing fine...

Desbundar

• Maybe i should elaborate. Mamamoo is not immune to declining just because they have a mature concept and all those other reasons u mentioned. They need to promote well as a group but as they get older, they will decline as they promote less.

i replied about this :

GGs need to be young and fresh. That’s the Korean gp’s mindset and it’s so sad..

and yes they promote like all bands when they make a comebacks, but here in the case of this album again it's not a comeback.

• Bts trying desperately to stay relevant :clown::clown: the virgin hag have losted completely.

Kopoppies stay in your lane and stop inserting bts in conversations that are lower than them

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!