I can't wait for Kpop to become mainstream ... :'(

• I really really really can't wait for the days when Kpop will finally become Mainstream and no longer a niche

i'm tire to have to pre-order an album and have to wait weeks to finally touch my album

i want to be like any western music fans who find the day of the release of their favorite artist album , the album in any shop selling music

i'm tire to look for a Blackpink, NCT or red velvet album in a big city in every shop selling music, for at the end always hear " sorry we don't have any kpop album " or "sorry we only have one kpop album but it's bts"

Please God can you make Kpop mainstream, my kpop fan ass would be thankful ;(

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Unfortunately this is gonna be as mainstream as it gets I think. At least in terms of ease of purchasing. I always compare it to anime and while it's much easier to buy a lot of anime DVDs in stores now... DVDs in general are much easier to find than CDs.

I went to Walmart the other day to pick up a prescription and had to kill time till it was ready. I went back to scope out and electronics and they have cut down the CD selection to four extremely tiny shelves and a big bin of older, cheaper albums. It would actually be easier for me to go vinyl since they had a much larger selection of records including Billie Eilish's new album (which they didn't have in CD form.)

• i want to be like any western music fans who find the day of the release of their favorite artist album , the album in any shop selling music

i'm tire to look for a Blackpink, NCT or red velvet album in a big city in every shop selling music, for at the end always hear " sorry we don't have any kpop album " or "sorry we only have one kpop album but it's bts"

At least here in the US, there are hardly any shops selling music. That's one of the things making/keeping kpop niche here - kpop fans are so different from US music fans, who are almost all exclusively streaming.

• This is the peak, enjoy while it lasts.

There's too much going on in kpop for western/american audience to become mainstream. Crazy fashion, colourful hair, foreign language and WAY too many members. Even if they all released full english albums the number of members is a big issue. When bts started getting media coverage everyone was saying 'wow, there are way too many of them". Kpop will have their audience but it will stay niche.

• More mainstream than this? I highly doubt, imo KPOP peaked as it's a worlwide phenomenon. To get more popular than this in every country where it's already popular groups members would have to turn theselmves into resident citiziens.

Unfortunately this is gonna be as mainstream as it gets I think. At least in terms of ease of purchasing. I always compare it to anime and while it's much easier to buy a lot of anime DVDs in stores now... DVDs in general are much easier to find than CDs.

I went to Walmart the other day to pick up a prescription and had to kill time till it was ready. I went back to scope out and electronics and they have cut down the CD selection to four extremely tiny shelves and a big bin of older, cheaper albums. It would actually be easier for me to go vinyl since they had a much larger selection of records including Billie Eilish's new album (which they didn't have in CD form.)

This is the peak, enjoy while it lasts.

There's too much going on in kpop for western/american audience to become mainstream. Crazy fashion, colourful hair, foreign language and WAY too many members. Even if they all released full english albums the number of members is a big issue. When bts started getting media coverage everyone was saying 'wow, there are way too many of them". Kpop will have their audience but it will stay niche.

that's suck i don't ask them to put kpop music everywhere on TV but for a shop specialize in music i think they should have at least a bigger shelves for Kpop album

they made a big space for Music of the world and even when i go back there it's alwways the same album 6 months after

that's crazy that they made more space for album who doesn't sale well in comparison of kpop album knowing that more people will buy them

and same things for promo when there's promo , they are making promo for every album besides the kpop album ;(

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• i want to be like any western music fans who find the day of the release of their favorite artist album , the album in any shop selling music

Welcome to the reality of living in the third world. You won't get an album on it's release day, like ever lol.

• i actually prefer kpop back in 2012 when it was even more unknown. good old days. now edgy kpop stans on twitter ruin everything.

Nah i prefer now because is harder to flop, so many artists get to shine more and persue their dreams unlike 2012.

Now kpop artists have many ways to promote their music regardless of how big your label is, back in the days it was all about groups from big labels.

• I don’t care about the mainstream part but I get the Kpop albums struggle. The shipping price is higher than the albums lol. But it’s still so much better than it was in the past so I am grateful to the availability of shipping. I remember during 2nd gen, I couldn’t even dream of buying SNSD albums even though I was a die-hard Sone. It was just not a possibility and online shipping wasn’t as common and as easy.

lt64IYu.gif

• frankly Im never gonna go in a store to buy any sorta of music, havent had TV cable in forever

The only thing I would want is to be able to get SHINee's album on prime.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!