After her revelations, netizens began hunting for "married male actor" that appeared on drama with Heo Yi-jae and eventually narrowed it down to actor A. However, according to Chosun Ilbo coverage, A vehemently denied Heo Yi-jae's claims.
As the criticism of A continued, Heo Yi-jae posted a statement through Way's channel and stated, "I didn't intend for anyone to get hate and malicious comments. Please refrain from witch hunt."
However, netizens including former entertainment reporter and YouTuber Lee Jin-ho are asking Heo Yi-jae to take responsibility and reveal actor A's real name. Lee Jin-ho stated, "I'm not saying I don't believe her claims but she needs to take responsibility for her words. She knew her testimony gave clear hints and numerous clues on who the actor would be. In this situation, there's absolutely no reason not to disclose who the abuser is."
"It's irresponsible for her to reveal everything on her own like this and then ask netizens not to witch-hunt. She needs to reveal his name so that the right perpetrator is held accountable."
- [+2,859, -66] The last thing Heo Yi-jae's said was, "I was afraid and read each comment but it was healing. He's a male actor who goes up and down the most among netizens...You know who I'm talking about right?"
- [+1,566, -28] So just because he said it's not him then he's not male actor Aㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+1,228, -37] ?? When did actor A say no? Keep your mouth shut if you don't know anything. It's just his fan club losing its mentals. Write the article correctly!
- [+845, -2] She must've really suffered. And the female senior who dragged by the hair and did "gapjil"? Then her male seniors...hul. It's all too much. I don't know how anyone could endure all that. Whoever it is, he needs to get punished!!
- [+704, -126] It's probably because she'll get sued under defamation law as a retired actor if she reveals his real name..
- [+313, -5] Isn't it because it's really married actor Oh that did itㅋㅋ? That's why she's keeping quiet. If it really wasn't him, she would've said otherwise...
- [+313. -12] Yi Jae-ah, good job! These things have to be done continuously. Stay strong!
- [+241, -10] This is a violent criminal that constantly made sexual demands of his co-star. If you keep asking her to reveal his name, the victim will end up the perpetrator. How is that justice?
- [+56, -2] He'll deny it...I just know it. He's human trash that crawled back out even on golf varieties. Ban all his appearances on TV!!