[Unpopular Opinion] 'Run Away' and The Dream Chapter: MAGIC did more for TXT's career than being called "BTS's little brothers" at debut.

• Some Of Yall Some Of Yall Bout To Be Real Mad At Me GIF - Some Of Yall Some  Of Yall Bout To Be Real Mad At Me Be Real Mad At

For all of the shade thrown TXT's way, nothing irks me more than "TXT is known for being BTS's little brothers, that's why they're successful."

HELL no.

TXT hasn't even been asked about BTS since May/June 2019. That's well over 2 years ago. Sometimes I wish they hadn't been marketed that way, because people are still bent on seeing them like this.

KPopPost-Cover-2-10.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been a MOA since debut and an ARMY for well over 4 years now. I know very well how each group has grown independent of the other.

TXT's sales actually stagnated for their first comeback, look at all the good the "BTS clout" got the "leeches" (THIS pisses me off to no end, was BH not gonna debut them after training them??)

STAR first month sales: 145, 098

MAGIC first month sales; 175,407

STAR 2019 sales: 203, 795

MAGIC 2019 sales: 202,302 (it sold less despite having a slightly better start)

It was actually Run Away that got their Korean fanbase to grow and is still their longest charting song on Melon Daily top 1000, NOT Crown.

Because of the success of their first comeback, that's why ETERNITY did well. MOAs and non-fans to this day love Run Away and the MAGIC album and count it as one of their best eras musically.

TXT has been on their own for a long time now and the bandwagon success y'all still accuse them of having is gone. It was gone once their comeback was delayed not once, but twice.

None of their MVs have more views and likes than Crown, yet they've charted 3 albums above STAR on the BB200, one of which was in fucking Japanese. Please open your eyes.

I have more to say but I feel like OP is long enough now.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 2 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• Agree

One of the reasons for their growth in korea was probably their MMA 2019 performance. I remember the day after the MMAs only 2 acts performances were trending on Korean YT.... obviously BTS and than TXTs....... after that I remember seeing their melon followers that skyrocket.

I would say I've seen way more growth post magic than before magic. Magic and Runaway are a fundamental part of the fact that they were able to bounce back from bandwagon fans leaving in mid 2019

• God yes.

I can both understand why initially they were marketed that way, but at the same time I resent it so wholly for these young guys.

Anyway, they’re proving they stand on their own merit more and more each comeback.

I, for one, couldn’t be more happy to see their musical development and continue seeing I what they bring to the table.

• yep, i wholeheartedly agree with this.
    the bts lil bros clout died out two months after their debut

• Agree

One of the reasons for their growth in korea was probably their MMA 2019 performance. I remember the day after the MMAs only 2 acts performances were trending on Korean YT.... obviously BTS and than TXTs....... after that I remember seeing their melon followers that skyrocket.

I would say I've seen way more growth post magic than before magic. Magic and Runaway are a fundamental part of the fact that they were able to bounce back from bandwagon fans leaving in mid 2019

That and the Replay cover. Still one of my favorite TXT performances.

STAR isn't even their most successful era, and that is the one era TXT directly interacted with BTS. How are people still saying in FOE era that TXT is successful because of BTS???

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I don't know how many times I've seen moas say this and get gaslit into believing that Crown propelled TXT to heights never before seen. That MV just got views because of hype, it gave them nothing other than hype which disappeared eventually. You can literally see how the views dropped harder than a grandmother falling down the stairs in their following cbs. Idk when people will let go fo this narrative. I totally agree, massive sunbaenim.

MOAs are still trying to beat Crown's records on YT, that's how many people left and stopped supporting them after they got sick.

Thankfully, FOE is looking to be their most successful album on Spotify in a week or so.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• When was the last time we even got them directly interacting with each other.

:melon_think:

The photoshoot last year

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• People forget that it took TXT 2-3 cbs after Star to re-chart on the bb200...

they charted around 150 iirc at debut due to hype and only for 1 week

after that for Magic and Eternity they did not chart.

minisode1 is when they charted again due to their own growth

and it charted for 2 weeks

Now we are in 2021 and they've grown to charting Freeze (+FoE) for 12 weeks.....

no BTS interactions in between minisode1 and Freeze so that growth is on them!

• TXT was the first BH group in over 5 years, so yes the marketing tactic was to get BTS fans to check them out, which they did. And then most promptly dropped them immediately after. So did it work? Nope.

TXT is proving in 2021 why they're going to be a force in the industry. I thought 2020 was good for them, but this year.... man.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• STAR peaked at #140, still remember.

F*cking Republic not shipping albums until a month after release... MAGIC and esp. ETERNITY should have charted.

Chaos Chapter is seeing HUGE growth for them in sales and streams. Views are middling as always though.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Like I always said, the big three(or big 4 in this case) "privilege" will only get you attention at first. But after the first few months to a year you have to start building up on your own. Privilege isn't going to help you in the long term.

It was the same thing with NCT, RV, EXO, TWICE, etc. ITZY is experiencing the same thing now, and I won't be surprised to see aespa get the same treatment in the future.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Thanks for the affirmation, it's nice to see non-fans agree with my threads.

why does no one know that im a moa, been a moa since their debut :clown:

im kinda hurt but i get no one knows, im more of a lone wolf and don't talk about it much :sadr:

• TXT was the first BH group in over 5 years, so yes the marketing tactic was to get BTS fans to check them out, which they did. And then most promptly dropped them immediately after. So did it work? Nope.

TXT is proving in 2021 why they're going to be a force in the industry. I thought 2020 was good for them, but this year.... man.

Yup that sounds like me.

• I can't comment on which growth was more or which helped them more since I don't follow them. But I do want to mention that being associated with BTS(even if the company no longer promotes them as BTS brother group) does help groups even after debut.

1. Crown obviously got a lot of hype, I think it can be compared to Dynamite. It was their first English single and people were curious as to what it would sound like. So lots checked it out and kept it in their playlist if they liked it. It went the same with crown, it was the debut. And the exposure they got was huge. Those who liked it streamed it. Some even kept a lookout for txt in the future. That's why they haven't been able to surpass the views because the initial exposure was just huge.

2. Who do you think an international fan is more likely to check out now between Ateez and TXT? Or even TBZ and TXT?

People who know BTS(antis, non fans and fans alike) will have their answers as TXT. It will be dependent on them having similar producers, mvs being uploaded on the same channel for fans and maybe not so good intentions for the antis. My point being that they will still garner more interest than their peers because they come from the same company as BTS which will help them in exposure.

Having said that, after multiple years of releasing great music they've certainly proved themselves and don't deserve to have their success discredited. Especially after releasing bops like Eternally and Fairy of shampoo :wellr:

• Keep saying this for a whole year. I'm tired, just say whatever they want. I won't even bother to debate with those people. Stream

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• 1. Agree, Crown was a moment.

2. International fans these days check out a lot more groups than just those; any one of those three is a good option. The point you're trying to get at is that TXT is a likely choice.

But I feel like TXT is actually hurt by being associated to BTS more than you think. A lot of people are apprehensive about checking them out because they're in the same company, and some people even write them off before even trying to check them out. TXT won't garner interest or exposure unless they make themselves unique compared to BTS, which thankfully they have done.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Sookai actually, I like both of them

My DP is iconic so I can't change it now.

i was today years old when i realized you're a guy.

i love how many male moas are on this forum

• 1. Agree, Crown was a moment.

2. International fans these days check out a lot more groups than just those; any one of those three is a good option. The point you're trying to get at is that TXT is a likely choice.

But I feel like TXT is actually hurt by being associated to BTS more than you think. A lot of people are apprehensive about checking them out because they're in the same company, and some people even write them off before even trying to check them out. TXT won't garner interest or exposure unless they make themselves unique compared to BTS, which thankfully they have done.

The interest now will be dependent on the type of music they put out and how much people like it definitely. Again I'm not a fan so I can't say how much they are hurt by it, but I acknowledge that it's a factor. I just think the exposure and interest trumps it and can be seen as an advantage.

As @arnyblink said that the 'privilege' only helps initially and not long term.

I disagree. Especially with the kpop market expanding with BTS being a major contributor.

Fans may checkout a lot more groups now with streaming rising, but the hype and interest around groups who come from companies which have already established international presence(big3 + BH) will always be more. The comeback hype won't be comparable tu the debut but still.

• This thread contains 494 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!