With BTS out award shows would be more interesting, who will win main categories?

• With BTS out who would win Artist of the year? 7

1. IU (4) 57%
    2. NCT DREAM (1) 14%
    3. BRAVE GIRLS (1) 14%
    4. TXT (1) 14%
    5. EXO (0) 0%
    6. SEVENTEEN (0) 0%
    7. TWICE (0) 0%
    8. Stray Kids (0) 0%
    9. Oh My Girl (0) 0%
    10. Baekhyun (0) 0%

This is not any type of drag the opposite actually because their dominance is really strong and they excel every criteria such as physical sales, digitals, views and fandom votes that makes award winners predictable since 2018.

Them not dropping an album in 2021 have open discussions about that category, something that I barely see because every year is always Song of the year discussions all over and all over again.

If they were out award shows would be so unpredictable, we would have no idea who can win because overall numbers are super close once you take them out.

For artist of the year who will win? If we take BTS out the overall numbers are super close.

Only Melon Music Awards full data are digitals that’s why there IU is leader but rest of the award use Gaon/Hanteo physical sales which benefits those with big fanbases such as NCT DREAM, SEVENTEEN, EXO.

• BTS is still the best selling artist of the year (with over 5M albums sold)

ARMYs will still vote for them to win

Their digital points are greater by miles than anyone except IU

so

MAMA - Should go to BTS

Its criteria is

30% Voting, 30% Judges, 20% Music Sales, 20% Record Sales

BTS will likely win the voting

BTS have the highest overall physicals of the year

BTS have the 2nd highest highest digital points only behind IU

Obviously we don't know who the judges will go for but MAMA does like to look international achievements and BTS has those in heaps this year once again.

MMA - Probably going to IU as she's the only one ahead of them in digitals. Possibly BTS maybe but more likely to go to IU given the criteria is 60% digitals, 20% voting, 20% judges. Only way I see BTS winning Artist is if the Judges fully fully vote for them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!