I wanna know more about Japanese Music

• Lately, I've been into jpop mainly to Idol like 48/46 or Johnny's. I start it when I watch pd48 then I found Keyaki is literally GOLD. The more I'm into them, the more I left kpop behind, I'm just focusing in 1-2 group. Later, I realize Japan is way MORE BIGGER, LDH group are slightly like an idol group but they actually not an idol. I'm also a weeb, so I love anisong so much, soloist like LiSA is one of my favorites. I've heard band like King GNU, DiSH etc they have many good songs. Other genre is interesting too like Babymetal, OOR. However, idol group is more likely to appear more often in TV, because they do a lot of things other than music. Let's just say that there is no day where there is no Johnny's in TV. I really wanna watch SixTONES/SnowMan member doing in variety show, but too bad I can't speak Japanese, and barely any fans have translation. They even don't have spotify ;(

Japan is very unique country, anime is a thing that actually can released a cd just like real singer, example Love!Live. My favorite is hypnosis mic. And, UTAITE is also a big thing. I'm impressed by the diversity of genre/concept in Japanese Music
    Okay, maybe I'm talking too much, the point is I wanna know more about anyone that have good song no matter what the concept or genre. I'm probably gonna more interested to song that have bold lyrics like keyaki or ado song that potray dark side of the society. Or, an idol group with many ikemen 8o

knowing the fact that there are so many option make me confuse which singer I should listen. Hope you guys can help me.

And, if we have share same interest, please let me know. Or, you can tell me who is your favorite.

Edited once, last by Fiamala ().

• In terms of j-pop,

I'm sure you already know BiSH and their agency Wack?

I love dots and their successor RAY:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Outside of j-pop, here's some Japanese artists I like, but please be forewarned that my tastes lean towards the experimental:

Cuushe (singer/songwriter/pop):

Ryoji Ikeda (glitch):

Yoshihiro Hanno (glitch):

(this is one of my favourite pieces of music EVER)

Geinoh Yamashirogumi (world music/traditional):

(this collective scored AKIRA, btw, one of the greatest film scores ever imo. This particular track is similar to that score and is primarily based on Balinese gamelan, which is such a wonderful style of music. I low-key think that trap is an independently-arrived-at variation of gamelan)

DJ Krush (instrumental hip-hop):

Chihei Hatakeyama (ambient):

Nisennenmondai (noise-rock):

Radicalfashion (modern classical/glitch/minimalism):

Boredoms (er.. krautrock-inspired psyche?):

Envy (screamo):

And while I don't dig Ryuichi Sakamoto solo, his collabs are fantastic. My favourite being his work with Christopher Willits:

(glitch/ambient)

Edited 3 times, last by tenfour ().

• In 2021 the Japanese music industry will probably be the most diverse that exists, I recommend this:

Depressed rock (female voice):

Visual novel music:

J-pop with rock sound:

Visual Kei:

Cute idol (male):

Electropop (one of the best for me):

Classic Rock:

Modern Rock:

Alternative Idols:

• errr what u wanna know btw? lol

btw here my fav artist currently in jpop

i can send u my spotify playlist if u want, or if u have discord u can join jpop server

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!