WHEN WILL YG LET LISA WRITE HER OWN RAPS?

• theres only about 2-3 good lines in the song but i cant really list out the whole song so lemme say my worst lines has to be:

Protect it like a barrier, promise there's nothing scarier

Than me if anybody coming gunnin' for my man

Gonna catch a case, gun up in my hand

was YG high when he approved this??? the song is called Lalisa but you have her rapping about guns and her man??? none of that screams lisa

when will you ever see lisa with a gun y'all

or catching a case???

Bam, bam, bam! Hit after hit though

Rocks in my wrist, so I call 'em the Flintstones

nuff said.

bekuh boom stop writing lyrics

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• bobsyouruncle

Changed the title of the thread from “MY LEAST FAVOURITE LALISA LYRICS” to “WHEN WILL YG LET LISA WRITE HER OWN RAPS?”.
  • I think at this point we can say that Lisa just doesn't want??

BP are already getting credited on their involvement with the production, lyrics, etc, so maybe she thinks her strength is dance and others?? I don't think they are restraining in this sense.

But yes, the eng rap was a choice...

• Tbh I was surprised too when Lisa raps about her man because it was unnecessary. Lisa’s solo should be something personal - about her (like growing up in Thailand and going to Korea for her dreams etc). It would be more meaningful and so suitable for a song named after her. Now it’s just a braggy swaggy song with no message. YG or Teddy made a huge mistake to me.

• Tbh I was surprised too when Lisa raps about her man because it was unnecessary. Lisa’s solo should be something personal - about her (like growing up in Thailand and going to Korea for her dreams etc). It would be more meaningful and so suitable for a song named after her. Now it’s just a braggy swaggy song with no message. YG or Teddy made a huge mistake to me.

Well that's her image...brag and swag...the Thai Iggy Azalea.

• Lisa is a performer and an entertainer. I think she enjoys singing, rapping and dancing, not sitting behind a desk or a computer. Never once has she ever expressed any interest in producing or writing, she has always been about the performance aspects of music.

i guess me expecting her to write the lyrics for a song titled after herself is too much

but ok

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• i guess me expecting her to write the lyrics for a song titled after herself is to much

but ok

lol i'm just saying, maybe she's fine with just approving what Bekuh and gang came up with, or maybe she just doesnt have the confidence to write, especially in two languages that arent her own. Even on the Vlive, you could tell that neither English nor Korean were her first languages.

Maybe if she was asked to write in Thai, things would be different. Honestly, that is one small disappointment, i wanted to hear her rap in Thai, it's a crazy addictive language for rap.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lol i'm just saying, maybe she's fine with just approving what Bekuh and gang came up with, or maybe she just doesnt have the confidence to write, especially in two languages that arent her own. Even on the Vlive, you could tell that neither English nor Korean were her first languages.

Maybe if she was asked to write in Thai, things would be different. Honestly, that is one small disappointment, i wanted to hear her rap in Thai, it's a crazy addictive language for rap.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the dude in the video has an english accent lol

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Actually i found out he's Filipino and originally from the UK, his name is Kingling lol. But i guess he can speak Thai well enough to rap it like Lisa with her Korean/English raps.

so i was right ?

:whatk:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Only in kpop where I see people complain about an english rap.. and BP's rap at that. Imma be honest, ok it can be just my opinion, but if you show a random hiphop head in the states any english rap by a kpop group then put it next to a BP song who would you think would get more hype? And I mean a total random person that have never heard of kpop..

Also what is the obsession with expecting every singer to write their own songs? I mean that's why you have people called composers.. at this point it looks like if you're a composer and u can't sing too bad so sad, then vice versa u can sing but u can't write then bye felicia?

• Only in kpop where I see people complain about an english rap.. and BP's rap at that. Imma be honest, ok it can be just my opinion, but if you show a random hiphop head in the states any english rap by a kpop group then put it next to a BP song who would you think would get more hype? And I mean a total random person that have never heard of kpop..

Also what is the obsession with expecting every singer to write their own songs? I mean that's why you have people called composers.. at this point it looks like if you're a composer and u can't sing too bad so sad, then vice versa u can sing but u can't write then bye felicia?

please dont write out your stream of thought next time

that was hard to read lol

:pepepizza:

edit: i already said why i expected lisa to write for her solo atleast

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I actually liked it lol only thing bothering me is that reference to "her man"... so out of nowhere, but even with money I think the lyrics are great for a bragging song

• The rap was pretty good though. Especially HER FLOW and delivery, and you guys can't deny that

Only in kpop where I see people complain about an english rap.. and BP's rap at that. Imma be honest, ok it can be just my opinion, but if you show a random hiphop head in the states any english rap by a kpop group then put it next to a BP song who would you think would get more hype? And I mean a total random person that have never heard of kpop..

No lies detected. Facts, all are facts.

• She is not fluent in any language as she had to learn all of it in short span of time... what is this obsession that everyone must write??? People can contribute in many different ways and can have different interests...

Atleast YG is not crediting her as a writer to impress kpoppies just for writing one line like some...

• I don't think she needs to write her own rap or song. Especially because she doesn't seem to be that inclined for something like this. Besides, a lot of singers don't write their stuff, that's fine. The problem comes when they hire the wrong people to write/produce.

And I personally think we've already seen everything there was to be seen from the ones involved behind BP and Lisa's solo. There were some great songs, no doubt! But Lisa would have benefitted enormously for them to have brought in someone that actually understands flow and rap, not kpop rap or whatever Rebecca Boom thinks is rap.

Because the ones involved in Lalisa and Money are clearly trying to emulate something they don't know. Especially when they use things like "catching a case", "dolla dollas dropping on my ass tonight", "gunning for my man", "rocks on my wrist call them flintstones". Like... where does that makes any sense for Lisa???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!