SNSD is truly one in a million and the greatest gg of all time.. why?

• Because they outsold bg's, no gg since the has been able to outsell EVERY SINGLE BG

pasted-from-clipboard.png

look at the lengeday lineup... tvxq.. prime super junior.. big bang... beast.. jyj... they all got topped by SNSD

3 months number 1 on gaon in a row..... how many gg's can do that these days??? kpop has risen so much, so other gg's have way more exposure, but at the time man SNSD was really that group. that could mess with bg's sales.

• Or maybe the quality of boy groups has increased now ? girl groups now have the wall of BTS

:pepe-toilet:

YG Dancing GIF by The Cheat | Gfycat

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Alternative BGs of before were simply not impressive enough. :pepepizza:

Anyway they are impressive. But they’re not impressive because they were able to sell as much as a BG. They’re impressive because they’re the top GG of their generation.

man thats just not true....

TVXQ keep your head down, beast fiction are among the most iconic releases of all time

BB didnt hit that well that year but it was a pretty strong lineup, lots of high selling digital bg's that year too... super junior, beast

• Or maybe the quality of boy groups has increased now ? girl groups now have the wall of BTS

:pepe-toilet:

please dont speak about quality..

have you not herd this??

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• man thats just not true....

TVXQ keep your head down, beast fiction are among the most iconic releases of all time

BB didnt hit that well that year but it was a pretty strong lineup, lots of high selling digital bg's that year too... super junior, beast

Yes the revival of the physical market after EXO’s debut and the consequent rise in sales headed by EXO and then bulldozed by BTS and hence forth across the board in 3rd and 4th gen year after year is the reason why BGs have a lot of sales now.

It’s not really relevant scenario in the 2nd gen. And hence like I said is SNSD impressive. But they’re not impressive because they were “able to sell as much as a BG”

• please dont speak about quality..

have you not herd this??

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

one of Kpop's best.

damn i need Yoo young jin to write a track like this again

This intro is always living rent-free in my head

External Content youtu.be

• Yes the revival of the physical market after EXO’s debut and the consequent rise in sales headed by EXO and then bulldozed by BTS and hence forth across the board in 3rd and 4th gen year after year is the reason why BGs have a lot of sales now.

It’s not really relevant scenario in the 2nd gen. And hence like I said is SNSD impressive. But they’re not impressive because they were “able to sell as much as a BG”

Exo paved the way... kidding guys im joking

• yeah SNSD rlly is special

and LOL srsly people r underestimating bgs from 2 gen? fr for REAL... omg

I have to bait my fellow onces :jeongyeon4:

yeah SNSD rlly is special

and LOL srsly people r underestimating bgs from 2 gen? fr for REAL... omg

I just wanna slap this masterpiece in their face!!!

• The SNSD dominance was unreal back then. They were the undisputed number 1 group. They could smash charts, they could smash albums, smahs tours, smash TV ratings, smash international barriers and more.

But yeah their album sales were imo the most impressive sales, digital or physical, achievement of any group of the time. While ggs ruled the charts, bgs could still get the occasional hit here and tgere from the likes of Suju, Bang Bang, Beast, 2pm, Shinee etc. However bgs totally destroyed ggs in album sales and it wasn't close, they could pass 100k easily and some of the biggest could get close to half a million meanwhile ggs would struggle hard to get 50k. There was zero hope of ggs being on the same playing field.

Along comes SNSD saying screw the rules and proceed to casually blitz everyone. Oh, The Boys, IGAB and especially the 1st Japanese album were all monsters managing to close the gap or outright beat everyone.

• I have to bait my fellow onces :jeongyeon4:

I just wanna slap this masterpiece in their face!!!

wasnt that time when BEAST was topping charts w a ballad song too?

beast had great songs

• The SNSD dominance was unreal back then. They were the undisputed number 1 group. They could smash charts, they could smash albums, smahs tours, smash TV ratings, smash international barriers and more.

But yeah their album sales were imo the most impressive sales, digital or physical, achievement of any group of the time. While ggs ruled the charts, bgs could still get the occasional hit here and tgere from the likes of Suju, Bang Bang, Beast, 2pm, Shinee etc. However bgs totally destroyed ggs in album sales and it wasn't close, they could pass 100k easily and some of the biggest could get close to half a million meanwhile ggs would struggle hard to get 50k. There was zero hope of ggs being on the same playing field.

Along comes SNSD saying screw the rules and proceed to casually blitz everyone. Oh, The Boys, IGAB and especially the 1st Japanese album were all monsters managing to close the gap or outright beat everyone.

THIS is what people meant when they say SNSD sales are impressive because they sold as much as bgs of their era

Just for example, Seo Taiji & The Boys and H.O.T was casually spawning 2M - 1M sales per album while the best selling girl group, S.E.S best selling album was at 760K, if we put it on ratio it was like selling 100K in second gen as opposed to the average selling of 300K at that time

SNSD was KILLING it with album sales. Their 2010 releases occupied the Top 5 at 2,3,4 respectively. Oh! sold 197K , Hoot sold 163K and Run Devil Run sold 136K. They are the best selling act with 496K while SuJu's Bonamana sold 299K. To put it in ratio of first gen, SNSD sold 800K album and that was much much more than what S.E.S achieved. Not to mention how The Boys was the best selling album of the year beating all boy groups.

SNSD raised the bar for girl groups beating boy groups in a field they always win for a decade, damn Girls' Generation is really legendary

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

Edited 2 times, last by rosietwerk ().

• Exactly. Its all about direct comparisons between bgs and ggs.

So I don't these arugments that bgs were weaker back. It make no sense. In absolute terms, yeah obviously they sold less albums than bgs do now but that's not what we're comapring. It's not 2021 bgs vs 2011 bgs is it? That tells us nothing about ggs of 2011. I don't think people actually understand what they're saying, they're chatting shit lol

No the comaprion is of ggs a decade ago v bgs of a decade ago. And like we pointed out and others can back up, bgs were head and shoulders above ggs just like the case nowadays. SNSD managing to turn everything upside down was a paradigm shift.

• We already went through this ripia oppar. If you think suju, bb or shinee are comparable to bts who have a global hit like dynamite and break records that can be talked about next to the beatles idk what to tell you.

Like tictactoe said. Their sales numbers are very impressive for the time but that is not enough to call them the greatest gg when they were a non event outside of asia.

• We already went through this ripia oppar. If you think suju, bb or shinee are comparable to bts who have a global hit like dynamite and break records that can be talked about next to the beatles idk what to tell you.

Like tictactoe said. Their sales numbers are very impressive for the time but that is not enough to call them the greatest gg when they were a non event outside of asia.

Im meaning inside Asia.

• Im meaning inside Asia.

if it's only asia then yeah maybe. I don't see why outselling the bgs is such an important requirement though. Seems like a random argument you are picking up bc you know it's nearly impossible for twice or bp to outsell bts lol.

I bet you snsd wouldnt outsell them in this era either. They didnt have worldwide appeal to reach 4m sales

• The last time bp released an album there was almost no gap between them and nct/seventeen. So ye they can still keep up with the top bgs. And we will see how much sales change with the china ban considering the groups of your boss aka lsm are very dependant on chinese bulk buying

right, we need the next comeback to decide. but i do think BP are the second biggest gg of all time in asia.

• right, we need the next comeback to decide. but i do think BP are the second biggest gg of all time in asia.

Bp also do it with 4 members. Is there even other groups selling this much with 4 or less members?? Most bgs selling a lot have whole soccer teams (sometimes even for 2) qnd a shitton of version 1 for every member 8o

• Im meaning inside Asia.

No kpop is bigger now in Asia than ever before. They were not the biggest in Asia. Kpop is the biggest it’s been in Asia RIGHT now. Even now sales are dominated by Chinese Japanese and South East Asian sales.

Blackpink is by far the biggest girl group ever when taking Asia as a whole.

Marginally in Japan and Korea we can argue for 2nd gen. Yes second gen was big in these places no two ways. But not Asia as a whole.

• if it's only asia then yeah maybe. I don't see why outselling the bgs is such an important requirement though. Seems like a random argument you are picking up bc you know it's nearly impossible for twice or bp to outsell bts lol.

I bet you snsd wouldnt outsell them in this era either. They didnt have worldwide appeal to reach 4m sales

Because no gg has done it before or after SNSD. Twice and Blackpink simply arent as good as SNSD to do so.

• LMAOOO. People are really trying to come for SNSD with their irrelevant faves. Its the fact SNSD is the no. 1 gg and all the other ggs are below them. Deal with it.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!