[serious] would you cancel your favs for being anti-science, anti-vaccine, etc?

• would you cancel your favs for being anti-science, anti-vaccine, etc?

Upon a recent discussion with one of my close friends, I discovered she spent too much time on facebook and now is rejecting vaccine and talks about how government might put a chip in her. NGL I was so annoyed.

I feel like if my favs become like that and use their platform to spread misinformation, I will be annoyed enough to cancel them.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I will be annoyed and call out the bs but cancel them for what they believe is too much even if it's stupid in my opinion.

what if they are using their platform to spread the misinformation?

being anti-science isnt exactly a protected belief like religion or culture

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I’m against vaccine mandates on people who don’t want to take it but are willing to take other safety precautions, like wearing masks & getting tested regularly

So I wouldn’t be against my faves not being pro-vaccine. But if they started doing conspiracy theories and trying to push people to not get it, especially for political reasonings, then yeah too much for me

• if I would see one of girls openly campaigning and giving an advice to fans to not take vaccine then I will probably be much less supportive

I would listen to music from time to time, but I wouldn't run around and scream that I love her etc.

• I would unstan and request they don't speak of their dangerous ideas to their fans. I'm trying to get a career in STEM, why tf would I stan someone who stands against science

exactly!

its so annoying that someone people think that you can just believe in sth despite no experimental or theoretical evidence toward it

• Just because your opinion doesnt match some korean singers opinion doesnt really mean u have to cancel him/her lol

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

• Just because your opinion doesnt match some korean singers opinion doesnt really mean u have to cancel him/her lol

This is the problem, science isnt an area where everyone's opinion is equal. Some people have years of education, exprimental data and theoretical basis for their opinions. The other side just wants to be edgy and different.

Kpop idols have massive social platforms and impressionable fans. If they are preaching antiscience bs, I would cancel them.

• This is the problem, science isnt an area where everyone's opinion is equal. Some people have years of education, exprimental data and theoretical basis for their opinions. The other side just wants to be edgy and different.

Kpop idols have massive social platforms and impressionable fans. If they are preaching antiscience bs, I would cancel them.

Dont take this as an attack but i really dont care about what you or an idol thinks. And i don't care about what scientists say too for that matter.

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

• Yes, because I wouldn't endure listening to his/her music or watching a video with him/her without thinking how ignorant that person is, and that boils my blood.

same

hearing my friend's rant made my blood boil

cant stand people who dont bother with freaking basic education

giving my money to them is beyond question

• No I really do not care. I might stop stanning someone if the things they do annoy me. And this can be very many things. If it’s something out of sight out of mind and they mention it this one time idc. If they’re gonna go on every single day and preach about anti vaccine that’s a problem.

If they have problematic beliefs that they aren’t actively promoting I might side eye but in the end idc as long as they entertain me and I find joy in that.

Someone like JKR for example who is consistently problematic is canceled for me. That’s what I mean by preaching extensively. Kpop idols hardly have a personality. That’s why I don’t cancel any of them for uttering something once in a while.

• No. I believe in freedom of choice

how is it a choice?

There is a disparity of expertise between the two side that makes them incomparable.

Would you say it would be a choice if they preached sth anti-religion or anti-culture?

bc this is equally dangerous

• since when being anti obligatory experimental genetic therapy falsly disguised as a 'vaccine' is being 'anti-science'? :eyes:

moreover, in science there have been some major paradigme shifts and we only know what our limited sense allows us to so even 'science' is not a definitive answer. (for exemple a hundred years ago the univers was infinite until they discovered it's extension etc);

are you willing to bet your life upon it?

a classical vaccine needs at last 8 to 15 years to be studied before trying to impose it to anyone.

moreover, top scientists (virology, genetic) even a nobel prize are gravely criticizing those arn genetic therapies or don't think they are of any use to young or healthy people. (Dr Raoult, Dr Montagnier, Dr Henrion Caude etc);

anyway

• I don't know about anti science, but anti vaccine yes. I rolled up my sleeve and had mine and would expect an idol to do the same. Fortunately one of them already has so he is right. It's the only way out of this shambles, not lockdown. Some protection is certainly better than none at all.

• At least try not to use that bullshit 8-15 years argument that’s been debunked so many times it’s embarrassing to read.

Even if you say “I don’t trust my govt” it’ll make you seem less stupid, than disproving the science of itself.

• genetic therapy? The concept of genetic therapy is opposite of what vaccine is :S

kinda yikes tbh

MERS and SARS both happened in 2000s, scientists have been expecting another H1N1 outbreak and have been working on it for years. They just accelerated the process due to demand and increases funding. None of these vaccines were developed from scratch.

• It would sour my enjoyed of their art for sure if their beliefs actively hurt others like antivaxx. If they just believe and just keep for themselves, I don't see much of a problem. Some anti-science/reality beliefs are relatively harmless like flat-earth, lizard people, and so.

Lot of oppas and nunas in Kpop have very conservative views on certain things that could be deal breakers, but they keep for themselves and that's fine.

Edited once, last by sleeplessnights: just fixing some repeated sentences ().

• At least try not to use that bullshit 8-15 years argument that’s been debunked so many times it’s embarrassing to read.

Even if you say “I don’t trust my govt” that’s a better reason. Than disproving the science of itself.

governments are under the control of lobbies and among them are big pharma. it isn't contradictory with doubting the science itself tho. it perfectly goes hand in hand actually.

dr henri caude (a top french geneticien) among others scientist analyzed the arn therapies and they are full of graphene oxyds which is a blood poison. and the 'fact checkers' who pseudo debunk this are lying. period.

-123-2ae58-1.png

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)

• genetic therapy? The concept of genetic therapy is opposite of what vaccine is :S

kinda yikes tbh

MERS and SARS both happened in 2000s, scientists have been expecting another H1N1 outbreak and have been working on it for years. They just accelerated the process due to demand and increases funding. None of these vaccines were developed from scratch.

but what you are saying makes no sense since like with the flu vaccine if the vaccine is not adapted to the current mutation or the current form of the virus, the 'vaccine' is useless :eyes:

so until covid 19 happened they couldn't start developing a 'vaccine' adapted to covid 19.

• governments are under the control of lobbies and among them are big pharma. it isn't contradictory with doubting the science itself tho. it perfectly goes hand in hand actually.

dr henri caude (a top french geneticien) among others scientist analyzed the arn therapies and they are full of graphene oxyds which is a blood poison. and the fact checkers who pseudo debunk this are lying. period.

You do have a point. There are doctors & scientist who literally get murdered for finding cures to diseases that are considered “treatable”

I side eye big pharma & scientist. I do my own research and if I see enough of a reason to take something then I do

I felt like getting the Covid vaccine was safe for me AFTER looking into it more. I was not gonna rush & take it just because it was told to be the cure all

But some people aren’t at that realization yet. And it’s one thing to have that discussion with them & try to convince them on why they should take it. However berating people into doing it is not an effective way to get them to do it, it’s an effective way to make them solidify changing their mind about doing so

• No I really do not care. I might stop stanning someone if the things they do annoy me. And this can be very many things. If it’s something out of sight out of mind and they mention it this one time idc. If they’re gonna go on every single day and preach about anti vaccine that’s a problem.

If they have problematic beliefs that they aren’t actively promoting I might side eye but in the end idc as long as they entertain me and I find joy in that.

Someone like JKR for example who is consistently problematic is canceled for me. That’s what I mean by preaching extensively. Kpop idols hardly have a personality. That’s why I don’t cancel any of them for uttering something once in a while.

Exactly.

OT:

I don't understand why fans take idols so seriously. As long as whatever entertainment content they come out with is still entertaining then I am not bothered with their private lives and opinions unless it becomes 90% of their content. I will also call them out on their bs if they did something stupid. Especially if it's what OP says that can be spreading dangerous ignorance. I will try to raise awareness as much as I could but won't completely erase their existence when their content is something that I enjoy. It's like Kpop fans either blindly love their fav and believe they're perfect angels or entirely demonize and cancel them for anything they don't like.

lt64IYu.gif

• Exactly.

OT:

I don't understand why fans take idols so seriously. As long as whatever entertainment content they come out with is still entertaining then I am not bothered with their private lives and opinions unless it becomes 90% of their content. I will also call them out on their bs if they did something stupid. Especially if it's what OP says that can be spreading dangerous ignorance. I will try to raise awareness as much as I could but won't completely erase their existence when their content is something that I enjoy. It's like Kpop fans either blindly love their fav and believe they're perfect angels or entirely demonize and cancel them for anything they don't like.

Im just too passionate about science lmao ;(;(;(

a personality trait

also as I gave example its not just idols, this will annoy me when its friends too

Ill watch their things for free, but wont give them my money

• I understand the question includes idols but this post probably doesn't belong in the kpop section imo. I can already smell underlying political tension under certain posts based around "science" and I know it ain't just me.

:pepestare:

science isnt political

Only ignorant people who cant be bothered to learn make it political so they can insert their opinion

• But my answer is yes if they're openly spewing bs and telling people NOT to get the vaccine likeee tf do you want more people to die? But if an idol is simply anti vaccine for personal reasons without advocating against it, and wearing masks, ect, I don't really have a say. But it's not like we'd really know who those idols are unless they publicly spoke against it in the first place,

• first and foremost you don't even need 'a cure' if you're healthy. period.

moreover there are actually old and safe treatments that exist like chloroquine and ivermectin. and if they are forbidden in some countries it's only because of pharma and vaccine lobbies.

because the only reason those arn 'vaccines' are allowed is because there is supposedly no existing treatment for it; but there is so why are they lying? why are they so desperate for people and babies to get it? are they trying to make money on people and their health? wouldn't be the first time in history really :rolleyes:

• It's like Kpop fans either blindly love their fav and believe they're perfect angels or entirely demonize and cancel them for anything they don't like.

PERIODT

It’s like if you’re an idol, you have to be above human and if not you’re automatically below human. Purity check culture is weird as hell

Like we all have our opinions, views, flaws, etc. If it’s not hurting anyone, then it’s whatever

• This thread contains 87 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!