Damn, did Somi, Twice, Purple Kiss, and StayC get the same memo from Olivia?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ย ย 

• why from Olivia? she debuted just in 2019...

wasn't there article more than year ago about Jennie being high teen fashion trendsetter/introducer in Korea

External Content www.youtube.com

• No, it is called Hi(gh)-Teen and this is inspired by brands like Gucci etc and has been a thing before Olivia Rodrigo was even popular. It is also inspired by clueless the movie. I know some people really like Olivia but she is literally too new to be the reason for this trend.

As another user has mentioned it is currently the resurrection of the 2000s. I would not call it Y2k since that was more futurism. Also ggs like Pristin, Itzy and so on did these style before Olivia. These days itโ€™s like the West is trying to imitate the K-Pop style. When I was Korea, you could buy things like this everywhere. I could add a lot more: this style was also seen in BPโ€˜s debut style, in Twiceโ€˜s yes or yes comeback, etc.

• why from Olivia? she debuted just in 2019...

wasn't there article more than year ago about Jennie being high teen fashion trendsetter/introducer in Korea

Yeah, the Clueless retro school uniform style has been coming back for a LONG while - at least a year and a half, probably a fair bit longer.

This is why stylists placed Olivia in these styles and this is why stylists also placed K pop stars in these styles.

Sunmi as well, I believe

I think it's the "high teen" (what they call it in Korea) aesthetic that's really popular these days. In the West, we have the resurgence of the Y2K trends, so it's somewhat of a global phenomenon with these looks.

No, it is called Hi(gh)-Teen and this is inspired by brands like Gucci etc and has been a thing before Olivia Rodrigo was even popular. It is also inspired by clueless the movie. I know some people really like Olivia but she is literally too new to be the reason for this trend.

As another user has mentioned it is currently the resurrection of the 2000s. I would not call it Y2k since that was more futurism. Also ggs like Pristin, Itzy and so on did these style before Olivia. These days itโ€™s like the West is trying to imitate the K-Pop style. When I was Korea, you could buy things like this everywhere. I could add a lot more: this style was also seen in BPโ€˜s debut style, in Twiceโ€˜s yes or yes comeback, etc.

Thanks for educating this boomer, this is what i get when i wade into the world of fashion lol. I just noticed this high teen fashion this year with Olivia and then someone mentioned it in another thread today, i thought i was having a huge epiphany after i started remembering the Somi, Twice, StayC and now Purple Kiss visual concepts.

ย ย 

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!