Why do people like having broad female beauty standards but narrow male beauty standards?

• Have you noticed this? When it comes to female beauty standards they like to say they prefer all kinds of shapes and sizes. Yet for male idols it's a very narrow standard for most people: tall, sharp jaw, wide shoulders, prominent nose, piercing eyes, there's not much variation. Why?

• I think it's bc since the beginning women were judged and given "value" according to their beauty so now that we are "free" from such evaluations we try to include all type of beauty and just be happy.

Men were almost never looked down for being "ugly" or out of standard and I'm saying historically, not kpop.

But if you are talking about kpop then... No answer kkkk

• Have you noticed this? When it comes to female beauty standards they like to say they prefer all kinds of shapes and sizes. Yet for male idols it's a very narrow standard for most people: tall, sharp jaw, wide shoulders, prominent nose, piercing eyes, there's not much variation. Why?

whos people?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I think the idea of a perfect man pushed in the media is majorly a male fantasy not a woman's.

At least for me I love more sultry homme fatales than the traditional macho muscular man. For the life of me I'll never understand the hype behind most of the men in the "worlds sexiest/handsome man list" or celebs who are all over men's health magazine covers but a lot of men around me worship those types of men. Aggressive masculine men annoy the hell outta me unless their demanour ends with their onstage persona's and they are cute and adorable behind the scenes like taecyeon, kai or mingyu.

I feel the same applies to men. Correct me if I'm wrong everyone has preferences and it's not always what's perpetuated by media/beauty standards no matter how much it's been drilled into our heads. Or maybe it's just me..it's ones that defy beauty standards that I find dazzling its almost never the ones that fit into it. I'm sure men must have their own variation of what they find attractive compared to the overtly strict and feminine beauty standards that's pushed down women's throats.

Desbundar

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!