Will blackpink catch up to Twice album sales?

• I don't think it will be easily possible for BP to catch Twice on Gaon, since it all comes down to the amount of releases, but it's not farfetched either considering the evidence.

Dude, Twice and BP have almost the same average sales per album, get outta here with amount of releases

• They've only had 3 albums in a row reach that, one of which didn't even reach it until half a year later. I'd hardly call that consistent. They've been unable to grow at all in a while physically, and their Japan fanbase is almost entirely gone at this point.

Twice only has 1 year left while BP has about 2, and BP is still growing release to release. You can hypothesize about the China ban affecting things, but it's not affecting individual sales, and ultimately we have no evidence of it hurting anything. As far as evidence, we DO have BP growing tremendously each comeback, while Twice doesn't.

I don't think it will be easily possible for BP to catch Twice on Gaon, since it all comes down to the amount of releases, but it's not farfetched either considering the evidence.

TL:DR: TWICE isn't growing, BP is. They will surpass them.

I don't get the point of your post but I have made mine clear. I don't see BP surpassing TWICE in sales, for many reasons, the biggest being YG doesn't give them any comebacks.

Also, however much BP is going to release in the next 2 years, TWICE will too in only 2022. Assuming they keep selling 500k per album, doesn't matter how many months later, BP surpassing them is a far cry.

• TL:DR: TWICE isn't growing, BP is. They will surpass them.

I don't get the point of your post but I have made mine clear. I don't see BP surpassing TWICE in sales, for many reasons, the biggest being YG doesn't give them any comebacks.

Also, however much BP is going to release in the next 2 years, TWICE will double it in only 2022. Assuming they keep selling 500k per album, doesn't matter how many months later, BP surpassing them is a far cry.

how many albums do u think bp will release in next 2 years i don't think we see more than one album from them

• No BP are very far behind and dont promote nearly enough. Even last year during their best ever annual sales Twice sold more and that was in their 4 year low I think. So that means not only is Twice ahead, but the gap is still growing for now.

I mean it could happen if say Twice dont resign and a year later BP do, with a step up in release shedule they might.

• Dude, Twice and BP have almost the same average sales per album, get outta here with amount of releases

bp's average on gaon is a lot better than twice's. if you include oricon then it's similar (because bp is not popular enough in japan to sell a lot of rehash albums) but if bp had more original releases then their total average would be closer to their gaon average.

• bp's average on gaon is a lot better than twice's. if you include oricon then it's similar (because bp is not popular enough in japan to sell a lot of rehash albums) but if bp had more original releases then their total average would be closer to their gaon average.

Listen bafoon, all BP albums fall into 300-400k range except that one case when yall were saving money for 9 month.

• Realistically no. Twice sold 10 million+ albums, BP are millions behind them & YG is gonna have to release more than 1 album per year in order to have a chance, and they’re already 5 years old

Also Twice is still around and selling albums just fine. Stagnation =/= Decline. If they keep coming out with new stuff, then it’s inevitable that 10 million will turn into 11 million, and more depending on how long they stick around + how many albums they release

Among individual releases (in Korea that is), BP wins. But among cumulative releases, Twice wins & will continue to win

Edit: Also that whole ban China has now, gonna make it much harder on BPs end

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!