Hyuna's music was better under Cube

• Do you agree? 32

The result is only visible to the participants.

I'm just gonna say it, but I think Hyuna's music was much better before joining Pee Nation. Lip&Hip was a mess, but Babe was quite trailblazing with its softer yet catchy tone and thought provoking lyrics. And all of her music before Babe doesn't need further explanation, they were all hits and had very different sounds.

But since she's been under P Nation, her music has sounded very safe and kind of the same. Flower Shower was cute but a huge snooze fest overall, Good Girl has some interesting parts but overall sounds loud and directionless. I'm Not Cool is also loud and has that boring dance break chorus like Flower Shower that sounds lazy and dated to me. Ping Pong will have interesting visuals but the trailers have completely killed any hype I had left in me because I can already tell it's going to have that same formulaic dance break loud P Nation sound.

I don't know if it's because she's given greater artistic freedom and this is the sound she prefers, or maybe its the opposite. But her new music isn't the same, it's noticeably different actually and seems derivative overall. But I will admit that her videos have received an upgrade under P Nation. They look VERY expensive and up to her caliber.

• We must also understand that she is not 16 anymore, she is 30 years old now, her approach to music and her art is necessarily very different.

That's fair but she made this when she was 24. How does she go from this to something so formulaic and overproduced as "I'm not Cool".

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• biggest flaw of P Nation is giving their artists that 10% too much of artistic freedom

it's like with Jessi's recent comeback, PSY and people in agency told her this won't chart and do as good as Nunu Nana yet she said she want to release it so they gave her possibility to do it...

but after that, she probably was disappointed with the results and I bet her next comeback will show us which direction will she take but next 'what typeof x' will only kick her popularity down

as for Hyuna 'I'm not cool' wasn't that good but because it's Hyuna people listened to it so song charted well, now she is coming back in a duo so if it won't 'click' with people she can always say that it was not her 'solo' work :clown:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Both good, it's still Hyuna she just changes her aesthetic more, girlie has been in the industry for 14 years she likes to change some stuff up. I still enjoy her music. I'm not cool is going strong for me definitely one of the best releases of this year :mooning: that whole ep was just bops :shake-it:

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• biggest flaw of P Nation is giving their artists that 10% too much of artistic freedom

it's like with Jessi's recent comeback, PSY and people in agency told her this won't chart and do as good as Nunu Nana yet she said she want to release it so they gave her possibility to do it...

but after that, she probably was disappointed with the results and I bet her next comeback will show us which direction will she take but next 'what typeof x' will only kick her popularity down

as for Hyuna 'I'm not cool' wasn't that good but because it's Hyuna people listened to it so song charted well, now she is coming back in a duo so if it won't 'click' with people she can always say that it was not her 'solo' work :clown:

It's not all about charts man, sometimes artists make what they wanna make and they are proud of it and want to release that. Sometimes they wanna create a bop to chart well and that's fine too.

Edit: Hyuna for example has been in the industry since 16 and she has had control over her music for the longest time, let the woman release whatever she wants

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• It's not all about charts man, sometimes artists make what they wanna make and they are proud of it and want to release that. Sometimes they wanna create a bop to chart well and that's fine too.

Edit: Hyuna for example has been in the industry since 16 and she has had control over her music for the longest time, let the woman release whatever she wants

I know it's not all about charts, but I also saw both girls talking that they want this #1 on charts... so it's like double-edged sword

• I feel like hyuna doesnt know where she's going next with her image, especially now... she have this sexy image for decades and she is sexy, but people are getting tired of it.

she has shown literally every type of sexy, that there's not much to show anymore. I remember when she first debut with 4minute, she was this shy wholesome girl next door but super sexy when she dance, and then along that route she went to a more badass sexy hoe vibe and started being more and more daring with herself.. she has done everything.

I wouldn't say that she need to change her image although that would be ideal, but i think she need a new direction, musically and image wise.

it doesnt need to always be sexy, badass or i slay kinda vibe, it could be something else.

• Yeah although I think it was on the decline as she was leaving Cube as well. Babe and Lip&Hip are about the same quality as Flower Shower and I'm Not Cool

out of all the songs you named only flower shower is floppy, the rest are all iconic, and both in the fandom and outside, babe is one the peoples' favorite song of Hyuna's

Drop some moneY

• that's weird, how come i've read so many comments of people saying they want her old sexy concept back cos apparently lately she's been serving "junkie aesthetic" lmao

i can never get tired of sexy hoe vibes, no one is doing them these days in kpop, Hyuna better save us and give us a hoe anthem with her solo :pepe-legs:

Drop some moneY

• out of all the songs you named only flower shower is floppy, the rest are all iconic, and both in the fandom and outside, babe is one the peoples' favorite song of Hyuna's

I personally like all those songs, but when Hyuna was promoting Red & Roll Deep, those are superior by far.

Also I was there when Babe was promoted and it flopped hard. People don't really care for that song. At least I'm Not Cool and Lip&Hip had semi-viral moments.

• I personally like all those songs, but when Hyuna was promoting Red & Roll Deep, those are superior by far.

Also I was there when Babe was promoted and it flopped hard. People don't really care for that song. At least I'm Not Cool and Lip&Hip had semi-viral moments.

Babe unappreciated masterpiece :pepenomad:

Drop some moneY

• that's weird, how come i've read so many comments of people saying they want her old sexy concept back cos apparently lately she's been serving "junkie aesthetic" lmao

i can never get tired of sexy hoe vibes, no one is doing them these days in kpop, Hyuna better save us and give us a hoe anthem with her solo :pepe-legs:

Well.. her old song is definitely good but we're talking about her recent few release (after how's this, babe etc) which is not really gaining much attraction as her old song did.

• Am I having a déjà vu or this thread was already made not a long time ago ??? Why do you guys have a hard time accepting that not every artist is looking to release a hit they just want to express their artistic views not everything is about views and charts

Hyuna already had her mega viral moments and hit songs, the legendary Bubble pop and her appearance in Gangnam style, and who can forget Troublemaker. Hyuna certified legend in the industry :peperich: Queen of sexy bops

Drop some moneY

• Am I having a déjà vu or this thread was already made not a long time ago ??? Why do you guys have a hard time accepting that not every artist is looking to release a hit they just want to express their artistic views not everything is about views and charts

If anything her old music like "Babe" and "Run & Run" would appear more like artistic expression. Her P Nation singles have been soo lazy and predictable that they only seem like cash grabs to me. I already know how Ping Pong will be arranged and sound like just based on the teasers, that's never been the case with her music pre-P

I wanted to answer truthfully and seriously and then I saw your name plus profile pic and chose not to

Lol get over yourself, thanks for bumping my thread though.

• If anything her old music like "Babe" and "Run & Run" would appear more like artistic expression. Her P Nation singles have been soo lazy and predictable that they only seem like cash grabs to me. I already know how Ping Pong will be arranged and sound like just based on the teasers, that's never been the case with her music pre-P

I'm not cool IS artistic expression, she did one really interesting interview too

External Content youtu.be

• People who support her disqualified themselves automatically for having a serious opinion. That’s the reality

How exactly am I supporting her aside from having her pic and name? You hella judgmental and close minded for canceling people just for something as minuscule as that

• If anything her old music like "Babe" and "Run & Run" would appear more like artistic expression. Her P Nation singles have been soo lazy and predictable that they only seem like cash grabs to me. I already know how Ping Pong will be arranged and sound like just based on the teasers, that's never been the case with her music pre-P

Lol get over yourself, thanks for bumping my thread though.

A cash grab would be her listening to her label what people would like and not her doing her own thing.

And also we all know how the song will sound like cos after leaving cube Hyuna literally spoils the whole songs. And she isn't predictable sometimes she does empty drops, sometimes it's a full singing chorus like good girl. Flower shower, I'm not cool and Good girl could not be more different from each other, and don't even get me started on her b-sides

Drop some moneY

• I'm not cool IS artistic expression, she did one really interesting interview too

Well yeah this interview was interesting, I'll give her that. She's still experimenting visually which is nice, just not musically anymore.

• Well yeah this interview was interesting, I'll give her that. She's still experimenting visually which is nice, just not musically anymore.

Do you even listen to her lyrics? If you did you would know it's not just about aesthetics. Go listen to good girl, her message is loud and clear ;-)

Drop some moneY

• How exactly am I supporting her aside from having her pic and name? You hella judgmental and close minded for canceling people just for something as minuscule as that

Is that even a question?

• As someone who’s been listening to her since she was in Wonder Girls her career has had both highs and lows in music both in Cube and P Nation.

Like Lip and Hip and I’m Not Cool are basically the same song to me tbh.

~ ω

• External Content youtu.be

Is that even a question?

Yes it is, and its obvious that you don't know how to answer it either.

• Well yeah this interview was interesting, I'll give her that. She's still experimenting visually which is nice, just not musically anymore.

I am not cool is so experimental both in an artistic and musical way. most Korean artists will not dare to do this concept, they would rather play it safe, I think you just Don't know what you are talking about tbh..😅

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!