What's the end goal for JYPE pushing Twice west?

• but tbh, I feel like they did not even sacrfice much for the feels ^^" they barely do anything to promote the song

• they are shitting to twice achievements like it’s nothing ridiculous there

don't take it to heart mate, haters will always hate, let us fans just be happy and ignore them :pepe-toast:

• but tbh, I feel like they did not even sacrfice much for the feels ^^" they barely do anything to promote the song

It's not just about The Feels. It's their increased Western focus as a whole. And decreased emphasis on maintaining peak Korean and Asian exposure.

In my view I would rather they do more in Korea than they are with longer and more substantial and well rounded Korean promotional cycles.

I just personally think their bread and butter is Korea and to a lesser extent Japan. And see the West as a distraction without the same level of payoff.

As I stated above, I'm really happy for their achievements. It's just a personal view on what I wish their focus was.

★ RESIDENT TZUYU FANBOY ★

TWICE ★ SNSDWEEEKLY ★ WOO!AH!

WZDCfEj.jpg

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you actually read the OP instead of tried to act like a smart arse you'd see why Twice charting on Billboard has no bearing on my opinion.

I expect this from someone as stupid as Barnaby but not you.

If anything, The Feels kinda proves your point entirely.

I think Korea woulda ate that song up if they were given the chance.

Frankly, even with it being an English song, I think they should have promoted it in Korea. It makes no sense to assume English songs gain no traction when On the Ground did what it did.

And even if pushing West was the right move,

Look, they didn't outchart Nobody.

And you could say,

"Well, there is a difference in the level of effort"

And I could respond with:

YES. EXACTLY.

• What drives this stage in their career actually has been the steady decline they've seen in Japan and Korea, JYP is looking to other markets to offset those loses to prop up overall album sales which is admittedly a questionable strategy.

Then there's just his overall obsession with western success. He never really gave up on it after Wonder Girls failed and is likely jealous of the successes by all the other big labels in those markets. It's a prestige thing, and JYPE is behind everyone else in emerging there.

• What drives this stage in their career actually has been the steady decline they've seen in Japan and Korea, JYP is looking to other markets to offset those loses to prop up overall album sales which is admittedly a questionable strategy.

Then there's just his overall obsession with western success. He never really gave up on it after Wonder Girls failed and is likely jealous of the successes by all the other big labels in those markets. It's a prestige thing, and JYPE is behind everyone else in emerging there.

It’s okay to use your main to say these things. No need to hide behind suddenly newly active accounts that just so happen to consist of 100% hot takes towards Twice

• I guess there's a chance they promote it with the full album but at that point its potential to make an impact will pretty much be gone.

The thing is it didn't matter what the concept was, whether it was going to chart or not was going to come down to the fandom buying and streaming. The fact that they went for a Korean friendly sound was a choice in itself.

I've kept most of my takes to myself recently (office and social life stating back up also means less time on these sites) but I definitely still see this as toe dipping for JYPE for the US girl group that is meant to come in a year or so (can't remember) and also to help gauge tour dates. Another full album so soon tells me they will probably spend a lot of time next year touring so want new music. I don't think they were ever going to go all out with the Feels, especially as they announced the full album and tour on the release day.

• It's just business as usual, COVID halted JYPE's plans for future Tours and Promotions in America, which was the whole point of their Youtube Documentary, Seize the Light.

Sieze the Light traced their journey toward their first American Solo Concert during the 2019 TWICELIGHTS Tour.

If anything, Division 3 has backed up on it's plans toward the West, TWICE's first promoted Song should have been released in 2020

• It's just business as usual, COVID halted JYPE's plans for future Tours and Promotions in America, which was the whole point of their Youtube Documentary, Seize the Light.

Sieze the Light traced their journey toward their first American Solo Concert during the 2019 TWICELIGHTS Tour.

If anything, Division 3 has backed up on it's plans toward the West, TWICE's first promoted Song should have been released in 2020

don’t be shy just tell us you’re insider jyp insider hmmmm

• It’s okay to use your main to say these things. No need to hide behind suddenly newly active accounts that just so happen to consist of 100% hot takes towards Twice

Genuinely curious who you think I am. I've been using this as my main name anywhere I go online for over a decade now.

• The only good answer money wise must be that JYP is searching for a better touring potential on the west since they already are huge in Japan. Their music not being as cutesy now must be also for being in search of a different market since they are at a stagnant point in their career.

• The only good answer money wise must be that JYP is searching for a better touring potential on the west since they already are huge in Japan. Their music not being as cutesy now must be also for being in search of a different market since they are at a stagnant point in their career.

They have been repeaking since Taste of Love hit #6 in Billboard Hot 200 and now with The Feels #83 on Billboard Hot 100

• They have been repeaking since Taste of Love hit #6 in Billboard Hot 200 and now with The Feels #83 on Billboard Hot 100

Good for them but that doesn't change my point, they can prove me wrong next comeback if they sell 700k though

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!