Things you dislike about kpop stans?

• - Calling idols who are average in three departments and good in one "aces"

- Thinking that smiling on stage = good facial expressions.

- Stop excusing underperforming and a below-average skillset by saying that "the idol initally entered the company as an actress or model and wasn't trained to be an idol", or that "they are very unconfident and timid".

out of service

Edited once, last by bo-thebear ().

• bo-thebear

Changed the title of the thread from “Things kpop stans say and do that you disagree with? Or certain things that need to stop?” to “Things you dislike about kpop stans?”.
  • - Calling idols who are average in three departments and good in one "aces"

- Thinking that smiling on stage = good facial expressions.

- Stop excusing underperforming and a below-average skillset by saying that "the idol initally entered the company as an actress or model and wasn't trained to be an idol", or that "they are very unconfident and timid".

Yes, yes, and YES! especially to the last one. It gets so frustrating like, I don't care what their intentions were when they joined. Right now they are being paid to perform, that is their job. That would be like if I was a shitty waiter and told my complaining customers "you see, my REAL dream is to become a chef"

• I HATE when people praise mediocre vocals. I saw the performance of Blackpink doing Jingle Bell Rock and this one comment with thousands of likes said "Lisa has the voice of an angel."

:pepefacepalm:

Like girl you for real? Lisa is fine but her singing voice doesn't deserve THAT much praise and if it did, she would get more singing lines in BP's discography. And I mean, it's freaking Jingle Bell Rock, an easy-to-sing Christmas carol. Unless you're doing some Stevie Wonder type performance, nothing can make it that impressive (and on top of that it wasn't even live vocals).

• I also hate the d*ck measuring contests when it comes to boasting about achievements.

"Oh my fave is more popular cause we beat your first week sales."

"Oh yeah, well my faves got more views in 24 hours so beat that?"

Both of you shut up! All this proves is that you'll both obsess over anything your faves release. The song hasn't been out for a day and you're already boasting about achievements. Neither of you are charting within the top 100 on Gaon so the only people who will remember this song in a year are the fandom.

• Honestly, the only thing I detest is the need some stans have to downplay or even lie about or deny the achievements of rival groups or artists in some crappy attempt to build up their own faves. Or just being petty or bitchy for the sake of it. Like seriously a) chill - I doubt your faves are sweating it b) did you never hear of just enjoying the music you do for its own merit of what it brings to you?

• Turning everything into fights or competition:
      • Weaponizing real-world issues only to attack other artists without actually caring for the subject;
      • Fighting over who is more successful;
      • Caring more about the success than about the music.
    • Being delusional:
      • making everything about their faves;
      • thinking the world actually cares about K-pop.
    • Being embarrassing on Twitter:
      • ruining the comment section.
  • -Just being overall extreme.. making things personal when it doesn't have to be, tend to notice this especially on forums

-Bragging or competing over achievements that aren't theirs, to begin with?

-Either defending idols too much or jumping on the hate bandwagon

-Talking about pressure and views etc when the point of music is to listen and enjoy

• BIG3 Idols & Trainee make a random performance => Best singer, dancer, rapper in the world

Non big3 idols make a really good performance => "yeah not bad maybe a little bit nasal, and his/her dance movements are not very sharp"

Say that songs that are less than two years old age like fine wine :pepe-clown-gear:

• I don't really dislike it, but it's been bugging me a bit lately. Maybe because I'm grumpy these days.

But praising the idols for literally doing the bare minimum. The idol clicked a photo suddenly they are the best photographer. Then there will be a twt account saying how they have been a photographer for years and why the phot taken is such a piece of art and requires a lot of work even from professionals:pepeshut::pepefacepalm:

I'm using this as an analogy obviously, it goes for every skill though even the ones idol are supposed to have lol. :peperun:

The praise is better than dragging others anyway, but as I said I'm a bit grumpy these days.

• They make every effing little thing a competition and some are particularly nasty about it. And for what? There's no award for being edgy, foul or petty and being an ignorant asshole ain't cute. So for the love of God and all things holy - CALM YOUR TITS.

sorry your quote reminded of an American colleague from Oklahoma (I think) who used to always say the phrase

"Y'all Calm the Farm Down" or something like that...and we would repeat it using our aussie accent instead of her rural southern accent - she thought it was hilarious

• I always hated the phrase "maybe if you stanned...." like it can be so incredibly disrespectful.

• - Forcing imaginary personalities onto idols (especially bts and loona)

- Calling something 'overhyped' just because it's popular and they don't like it

this one i'm curious about. what do you mean by this? do their respective fandoms like try to read their mannerisms and body language to guess what they're thinking about and that sort of stuff?

out of service

• this one i'm curious about. what do you mean by this? do their respective fandoms like try to read their mannerisms and body language to guess what they're thinking about and that sort of stuff?

That's a big part of it, yes. Mainly people who assume that idols are 'chaotic', moody, lazy or just really weird. I've seen memes where people kind of make up personalities for idols and turn them into 'incorrect' quotes... just super random. I don't have a huge problem with it but it's kind of cringe and awkward sometimes. Not to mention when they assume an idol's sexuality. That's plain awful.

• * Getting angry with idols for dating or even getting married

* Fighting with each other for positions given by the company years ago, as if idols have no chance and room to improve themselves.

* Weird fans who make you feel like having bias is a bad thing.

* Crazy shippers

* Those who follow the group they see as their rival, even more closely than their own group.

* Fans who do not support the solo efforts of the members, which they believe will overshadow the group's success.

* Naive fans who believe their idols are sweet angels who never lie. And there are those who believe that idols have power over their companies, but they are in another level lol

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Long list but the most annoying

- You can't say something you don't like about their bias or you don't like their bias in the matter of fact, cause that makes you a hater/anti plus you are butthurt cause your faves aren't as great as theirs.

- Can't show achievements of your faves without someone throwing "receipts" of their faves trying to diminish yours.

- When there's a "scandal" about a group they dislike they are first in line to throw shit but when it's about their bias they say antis created fake rumors cause they are jealous

• I am not generalizing here to the whole community and I am just speaking about the toxic behaviors that can be witnessed among Kpop fandoms.

The ageism toward idols in particular female idols. Don't complain about Korea seeing your favorite group as disposable if you act the same toward them or others idols.

The double standards related to female and male idols but also related to fangirls.

The bulliying and toxicity related to fanwars : it's not that serious and it's music at the end of the day, it's made to be shared not to to tear apart people

The success stans and on the contrary the ones who constantly shade popular groups out of jealousy.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Making everything a competition.

Why are they following the “rival” group accounts? There is always some other group fans in other groups comments straight after they post comment. How much time they have to not only follow their favs every single step but their rivals too?!

:pepewash:

• also this

when kpop stans victimize their faves and throw a pity party because they didn't win awards or music show trophies, and put the opposite group and fandom as the "enemy".

wins and awards are important for recognition in SK, but you don't have to be mad at the other group. if the industry has been unfair to your idols, be mad at it and it's rules; not the other groups and fandoms who are also working hard.

there's really no need to include the "victim" and "villain" labels.

out of service

• im pretty big on laissez faire so not gonna lie, but stans policing how other stans hype up their faves (when done in a manner not derisive to other idols/groups) kind of makes me roll me eyes. if they're not hurting anyone, do you really care if they go YASSS KING GIVE US THE BARE MINIMUM like let them live bruh. this is probably one of the least toxic thing they can do online. you want them to go send death threats on twitter instead? just smile and move on if you don't agree, no need to come down on them like thor's hammer if they're just having cheeky fun.

• Yes, yes, and YES! especially to the last one. It gets so frustrating like, I don't care what their intentions were when they joined. Right now they are being paid to perform, that is their job. That would be like if I was a shitty waiter and told my complaining customers "you see, my REAL dream is to become a chef"

sometimes i wonder how those auditions work...

minyoung: i wanna become an actress

brave bro: what else can you do?

minyoung: i can dance

brave bro: i found new main vocal for my girl group

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!