Lovesick girls is a National HIT.

• Do you agree? 133

1. Yea it’s a national HIT (71) 53%
    2. Lol this a reach (42) 32%
    3. Not a reach but idk yet (20) 15%

Let’s be real with the recent updates.... IF YOU CAN BE PUT IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS CHEER UP MULTIPLE TIMES.... it GIVES NATIONAL HIT.

This is most recent update:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Other facts about lovesick girls:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• guess who'll release the next national hit

External Content www.instagram.com

• looks like youre back to your trolling way ey?

• was there ever a written agreement that said only one song can be a national hit? There could be multiple national hit songs. And let's not act like Dynamite is the biggest song there is in Kpop

• I'm unbiased when it comes to this.

I dont stan either group ofc i have more preference to BP but still. I give my honest opinion. Lsg was below dynamite the whole way

You cant have 2 national hits at the same time. Lsg was unlucky.

You are TOTALLY wrong. You can't have two national hits at the same time? Said by who? You? Just look at BB made era and remember the success it was all their releases. Dynamite is bigger, but this doesn't exclude LSG trajectory and impact.

• I'm unbiased when it comes to this.

I dont stan either group ofc i have more preference to BP but still. I give my honest opinion. Lsg was below dynamite the whole way

You cant have 2 national hits at the same time. Lsg was unlucky.

you had 3 national hits in 2018

bboom2x d4 and ls

they can coexist

i guess going by your logic there's not a single song thats a national hit since none of them are on dyna's level

• I guarantee I could look on melon rn and dynamite will still be ahead.

National hit isnt about numbers its about the most impactful hugest song out there in the moment.

Dynamite had way more inpact.. its not even close. Lsg is what you call a mega hit. But due to another song dominating it. It's not a national hit.

i wanna argue with you but i honestly dont want another wp

so agree to disagree

National hit isnt about numbers its about the most impactful hugest song out there in the moment.

Dynamite had way more inpact.. its not even close. Lsg is what you call a mega hit. But due to another song dominating it. It's not a national hit.

as I said there could be multiple national hits. Not only one song is a national hit. Every year there are multiple national hits. Even in 2020, we have multiple Any Song and Eight are arguably bigger than Dynamite.

Maybe this is your effort of bringing bts into everything, weird

Just realised this is a mod, lol. Not worthu to respond anymore

• No, not eveb close. Ive seen songs called 'flops' pulling ULs like that after the samentime and bigger indexes.

Its a hit, but also a product of a current system. Its much harder for hit songs to be ejected from thebtop 10 these days than in previous years.

A song with no paks, 0 hours at number 1, low streams, low ULs etc.

• Explain the dominance that Gee and Sorry Sorry had in 2009 then? Explain Roly Poly and I’m the Best in the SUMMER OF 2011? Explain Bboom Bboom and Love Scenario in 2018? Two hits that can evolve into national hits can co exist. Dynamite came out in august and peaked all the way up to October while love sick for came out in October and peaked all the way up til NOW.... No succeeding is not taking the spot light from the other.....

• AKP the only place where facts is shown right into front of their face and still say “no” without proper reason

Comparing ULs to the past as of Last july melon didnt Change the rules.

The only reason why we can’t physically see that lovesick girl’s impact is because we are in a pandemic but the numbers DONT LIE.

• @Versatile

miss-z

i think you are both coming to the argument from different definitions of what a national hit means.

i think the most important point is to first clarify how each of you define National Hit

on what basis do you do that:

is it a numbers game, it is impact (how does one measure impact), is it knowledge of said song, etc etc once you define those boundaries then you can decide whether something is or is not a NH

• The mod literally created their own definition of a national hit. So weird lol, just to what flex about that bg in here?

Suddenly there's an additional term of a national hit. It should not overlap one another. And then leave when it gets messy when they created the mess in the first place. Pfft

• No, not eveb close. Ive seen songs called 'flops' pulling ULs like that after the samentime and bigger indexes.

Its a hit, but also a product of a current system. Its much harder for hit songs to be ejected from thebtop 10 these days than in previous years.

context always matters

the fact that a lot of songs cant even pull 200k uls is straight up sad

pulling 200k these days is like pulling 600k-700k

• @Versatile

miss-z

I think both parties and all other participants started off on the wrong foot. If a discussion is to be had then we should start off again but differently.

So many issues are unresolved because of a simple misunderstanding of the other party and the refusal to consider valid points of the other party. No one is ever wrong or ever right all the time - the point of a discussion is to understand why other people think the way they do.

If everybody thought like us then we would never learn, grow challenge our ways of thinking. It'll be like yes men.

I always do this when challenged on my own perspectives - ask questions like WHY

Person A: I think a NH is something that PAKS 10 times nothing more nothing less

Person B: damn delusional fool

(see what does that gain???)

Why not: Person B - why do you believe 10 PAKS = NH - challenge them by asking questions to understand their views - you can then better understand from another's perspective and it may even reshape your own views or who you perspective things

Dynamite rose to number 3 again just now beating out VVS too, anyway what you are doing is a lost cause. Don't bother, no one is going to listen to reason here. Lol.

• AKP the only place where facts is shown right into front of their face and still say “no” without proper reason

Comparing ULs to the past as of Last july melon didnt Change the rules.

The only reason why we can’t physically see that lovesick girl’s impact is because we are in a pandemic but the numbers DONT LIE.

There is something known as Gallup survey too, for a national hit many things add up. Post reform it is easier for songs to stick on the chart. Even a Maria would have stayed in longer, just saying

Are we going to use only girl group songs for comparison and as a metric? Then what about Psycho, it should also be a national hit cause it did so well pre-reform. There are so many parameters for a song to be a national hit, everyone sees it differently but if there have been more impactful songs, how is the other song a national hit. Any Song and Eight alone were bigger, forget Dynamite if we take in post reform, and rarely anyone calls them national hits. Lovesick Girls is barely hanging in the bottom of top 10 on Melon. Even VVS' song performed better so will that be a national hit too?

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• If Cheer Up happened to be released at the same time as Dynamite and did not get any number 1 as it was blocked by Dynamite, wouldn't you consider Cheer Up as a national hit anymore?

• If Cheer Up happened to be released at the same time as Dynamite and did not get any number 1 as it was blocked by Dynamite, wouldn't you consider Cheer Up as a national hit anymore?

Cheer Up was everywhere on TV and was a part of political rallies, it is still so famous. It was a phenomenon like Dynamite is. I see no comparable impact of LSG. You take in both impact and longevity. Dynamite like Cheer Up was everywhere, the pandemic for LSG is a foolish excuse cause we could still see Dynamite's impact with all the covers and its mention on shows and otherwise just like with Cheer Up. Famous Kpop idols spoke about how Dynamite is heard all over Korea.

Also LSG is not even the top 3 biggest hits of 2020 when a whole ass Any Song and Eight exist and also Psycho and Maria. I don't see how you all are acting like LSG was the 2nd biggest song of the year just cause it outlasted other songs in Melon top 10, just using one metric to call it a national hit, when we all know this is a post reform effect, and there are atleast a handful songs other than Dynamite which were bigger than it. A bit preposterous ngl how the other hit songs' erasure is happening here. I find it fascinating and amusing how Blinks move from calling a song a hit to a massive hit to a national hit so easily. Like a national hit is just a piece of cake.

Edited 3 times, last by paradis ().

1. If Cheer Up released at the same time as Dynamite and had 0 hour at No.1, you won't consider it a national hit anymore, right?

2. ULs are also up to dominance of Melon system. That's why it is better to use rankings as rankings are comparative like Z-score in Statistics. People may switch from melon to other platforms, but sample sizes from Melon are still big enough to draw statistically validated conclusion. Otherwise from now on, we will not have any more national hit forever as ULs from Melon will not be as high as before anymore.

• Cheer Up was everywhere on TV and was a part of political rallies, it is still so famous. I see no comparable impact of LSG. You take in both impact and longevity. Dynamite like Cheer Up was everywhere, the pandemic excuse is foolish cause we could still see Dynamite's impact with all the covers and its mention on shows and otherwise just like with Cheer Up.

Also LSG is not even the top 3 biggest hits of 2020 when a whole ass Any Song and Eight exist and also Psycho and Maria.

yall reading comprehension out of the window

• Cheer Up was everywhere on TV and was a part of political rallies, it is still so famous. It was a ohenomenon like Dynamite is. I see no comparable impact of LSG. You take in both impact and longevity. Dynamite like Cheer Up was everywhere, the pandemic for LSG is a foolish excuse cause we could still see Dynamite's impact with all the covers and its mention on shows and otherwise just like with Cheer Up.

Also LSG is not even the top 3 biggest hits of 2020 when a whole ass Any Song and Eight exist and also Psycho and Maria.

hylt is bigger than both psycho and maria btw

• Cheer Up was everywhere on TV and was a part of political rallies, it is still so famous. It was a phenomenon like Dynamite is. I see no comparable impact of LSG. You take in both impact and longevity. Dynamite like Cheer Up was everywhere, the pandemic for LSG is a foolish excuse cause we could still see Dynamite's impact with all the covers and its mention on shows and otherwise just like with Cheer Up. Famous Kpop idols spoke about how Dynamite is heard all over Korea.

Also LSG is not even the top 3 biggest hits of 2020 when a whole ass Any Song and Eight exist and also Psycho and Maria. I don't see how you all are acting like LSG was the 2nd biggest song of the year just cause it outlasted other songs in Melon top 10, just using one metric to call it a national hit, when we all know this is a post reform effect, and there are atleast a handful songs other than Dynamite which were bigger than it. A bit preposterous ngl how the other hit songs' erasure is happening here. I find it fascinating and amusing how Blinks move from calling a song a hit to a massive hit to a national hit so easily. Like a national hit is just a piece of cake.

Your essay does not even address 1% of my point!

• 1. If Cheer Up released at the same time as Dynamite and had 0 hour at No.1, you won't consider it a national hit anymore, right?

2. ULs are also up to dominance of Melon system. That's why it is better to use rankings as rankings are comparative like Z-score in Statistics. People may switch from melon to other platforms, but sample sizes from Melon are still big enough to draw statistically validated conclusion. Otherwise from now on, we will not have any more national hit forever as ULs from Melon will not be as high as before anymore.

I never mentioned dynamite? Other songs also kept it from the top spot and again being number 1 wouldn't make it a national hit if it's streams, index and ul's remained the same.

The reason you know one of those songs is a national hit and the other isn't? One of those songs is never questioned years later and the other is weeks after release. Dynamite or not.

It has 1 metric in it's favor, longevity in the top 10. Something multiple other songs within the current top 10 already beat it at...so would that mean those songs are national hits too? That currently never before seen situation is happening where 3-5 national hits are in the top 5 all at once? Not only that hell in a year where people could use similar claims to call HYLT, Any Song, Eight, Aloha, Maria, etc all national hits too....what a year it's been for Korean music...fuck me.

Nearly 10 national hits yet posting industry record lows for index, UL's, sales and streams....anyone would think with such an abundance of Cheer, Gee, D4, Spring Day, etc level songs we would actually see high sales and listeners right? Guess not.

• Your essay does not even address 1% of my point!

Both would be national hits cause impact and longevity even beyond the year of its release. I hope that answers it. In fact Cheer Up is the only 3rd gen song which IMO is the level of monster hit that Dynamite is right from get go. If they both released in the same year and blocked each other, I would still give it to both cause it would be a clash of two behemoths.

LSG does not resemble either of the two songs in anyway, just one charting record alone does not make a song a national hit, it needs a lot more records and accomplishments and real world impact, the closest a BP song came to these two would be D4 and later HYLT.

• I think we need two tiers of national hits then.

Tier 1: Massive national hit

Spring Day, BWL, Dynamite, ...

Tier 2: Regular national hit

Idol, DNA, Fake Love, BST, Fire, LSG,....maybe LGO, maybe SLR Remix, etc etc

• Our mod is getting delulu here in this thread. I'm at a level where I am close to consider what you're saying but the moment you said Sorry Sorry was not a national hit, you lost me there.

Blinkues, why are you trying to convince the other fandoms as if they're gonna agree. Just a waste of time.

:!: :!: :!:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Official Post

WAY too early to call it a national hit(i don't even like this term tbh) but it's showing impressive longevity right now. Usually with the new reform, you can expect songs to have more longevity especially songs in the top 10. I think it will probably end up having better longevity than HYLT and possibly even AIIYL.

And why are WE, people who DO NOT, live in Korea, arguing about which song is a national hit? I keep saying this will NEVER not be funny and y'all are just proving my point.

• This thread contains 131 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!