Spotify in Korea will benefit which group more?

• The groups which dominate more in domestic market: now that their worldwide spotify numbers will be bigger.

Or

The groups which dominate more in international market: now Korean GP will know how big these groups are internationally by spotify numbers.

Discuss?

• Better question is "what groups it will harm the most?". I saw lots of kpop stans going on how the spotify numbers will help them get music show wins... well if Korean fans will start thinking like that, some groups may go from barely there Korean platform streams to non existent.

The biggest winners of Spotify in Korea are K-ARMY that can stream mixtapes (at least D-2)

• Gidle,Iu, The boyz, Monsta X and more... ıts sad

I don't know the full list but Kakao M is really a big company and I don't think even other groups from other management will put their discog there. I saw some ARMYs saying J-Hope's Hopeworld isn't there which is weird. Apparently only D2 is in there. The cost of subscription of Spotify is also the most expensive compared to other music platforms and no Free with ads option, so fans may not switch over to it.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• I was more excited as an ARMY before hearing all the major artists not on the service, and how expensive it is; with how long it took, I really wonder how many hoops they had to jump through even to launch there.

I think only time will tell if it's going to be competition to Melton etc or more fizzle like Apple Music - library size has to be one of the main reasons people sign up to a streaming platform, it certainly is for me.

• This was still with half a day and being launched at 12 am KST with most not even being aware. As more KArmys know we shall see more join in. BTS streams will certainly get a boost.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Biggest immediate impact will be on Spotify streams of artists with big Korean fandoms. Maybe some boy groups would be able to chart on Global 200 now?

General population crossing over will take a while, maybe years.

BTS gained extra 40k new followers compared to usual and it was only half a day.

• tbh, i think we'll just have to wait & see

im just really happy that k-armys will be able to listen to the boys' remixes (easier)!

hope the remixes will see a big rise, so the boys get a reminder that their personal work are masterpieces

• I wonder if it will have any impact in Korea. The international fandom would only count towards the Global Top 50 and, unless Koreans are interested in listening to western music, they would check the Korea Top 50, not the Global Top 50.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!