China going after LGBT people because it makes "fan culture" better.

• Right after the gov started to implement these regulations, one of the local gov affiliated newspapers have started releasing articles about how banning gay dramas and same sex cps (because they are not healthy, as they promote a distorted view on relationships and they may give the children a wrong idea about such kind of relationship being okay) is also needed for a healthier fan culture.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is more then lets remove toxic fans or stop bulk buying

• Xi Jinping is going more towards Kim Jong Un or Ramzan Kadyrov rule...

guy is changing from a comrade to a soviet style emperor

External Content www.youtube.com

• There was a Soviet emperor? When? Czar Nicholas?

ah that was play of words

but overall Tsar means Emperor :)

• Have gay dramas even existed? I know this isn't the point of your post but i only know about bromance dramas, actual gay dramas i watched are taiwanese

Sadly, this was expected. But sadly, there are still european countries with this view, the only difference is that key words are not banned, you can search away freely

• Have gay dramas even existed? I know this isn't the point of your post but i only know about bromance dramas, actual gay dramas i watched are taiwanese

They used to, but I think mid 2010s they were banned.

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• I have no words for this situation.

I hope all the lgbtq+ people there will be safe.

Legend Lee Know

• I'm almost willing to bet that this was the real goal. I remember reading an article last year about how the Chinese government felt that the influence of Korean and Japanese idols on the Chinese entertainment industry was undermining their society and would lead to a generate of "weak" men.

• This is literally going against human rights. Banning LGBTQ+ words means banning the existence of that community. I bet they are asking the universities and schools to report gay students so they can put them in conversion therapy.

China going against human rights? *pretends to be shocked*

I guess people forgot what they are doing to the Uyghurs, Hong kong etc etc etc

• I'm almost willing to bet that this was the real goal. I remember reading an article last year about how the Chinese government felt that the influence of Korean and Japanese idols on the Chinese entertainment industry was undermining their society and would lead to a generate of "weak" men.

A few days ago they said the same, and that they will ban "sissy men".

• They used to, but I think mid 2010s they were banned.

I remember there was a drama that was cancelled mid air, i don't remember which one tho.

What ban are they talking about then? They've already done it. It seems that despite the lack of gay dramas and gay content that can influence the youth negatively, lgbtq+ community still exists. shocking i know

• I remember there was a drama that was cancelled mid air, i don't remember which one tho.

What ban are they talking about then? They've already done it. It seems that despite the lack of gay dramas and gay content that can influence the youth negatively, lgbtq+ community still exists. shocking i know

I think they might just broaden the ban to more platforms :sweatr:

Legend Lee Know

Sadly, this was expected. But sadly, there are still european countries with this view, the only difference is that key words are not banned, you can search away freely

Yeah pretty sure they are banned or un-officially banned years ago. There was a really popular one called Heroin (which i recommended A LOT if your into BL) that basically caused the downfall of BL dramas in China.

I remember hearing how it became so popular online China public noticed and the actors basically had to go into hiding , then they got blacklisted by the Chinese government so they couldn’t appear on TV for a period.

This affectively killed the BL genre in China. If a VERY successful show had given the 2 leads great fame and fans, but they couldn’t make money from those fans/got banned from the industry for a time, it basically meant acting/producing a BL show wasn’t worth it.

here’s the wiki of the show and goes into the backlash in china: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addicted_(web_series)

It was such a sad moment for BL fans cause the show really was amazing :cryingk:

by gay dramas they mean BL dramas that are adapted from gay stories.

• you cant just give people 'freedom' and then take it away

ppl are gonna find ways around it

idk why they didnt block LGBT stuff from the beginning if they hate it so much

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• This is literally going against human rights. Banning LGBTQ+ words means banning the existence of that community. I bet they are asking the universities and schools to report gay students so they can put them in conversion therapy.

I think after china put muslims in concentration camp we have concluded they do not care about human rights

• we posted at the same time, i was just talking about that drama. yes, heroin, that was its name.

it's so sad. i'm glad that the actors' ban has ended and they are back to work.

i'm not really into bl. i'm on tumblr (shhh) and at the time bl was trending all the time. i'd decided to check it out and first watched heroin and liked it, but i cannot remember if i watched the ending episodes. :/ then i moved on to thai dramas. i'd watched at least 6 or 7 before dropping them, consent really bothered me. this year i stumble upon We Best Love and loved it (not liked it- loved it) and that restored my faith in bl's. will check out more soon.

i know that The Untamed had great success but it passed the censors due to lack of kissing. i wonder if bromance dramas are going to be affected by this ban :/

• This is just sad af. Can’t say I’m surprised but that’s just so many levels of fucked up

Have gay dramas even existed? I know this isn't the point of your post but i only know about bromance dramas, actual gay dramas i watched are taiwanese

Yeppp. Addicted was the last real straight up gay/bl drama in China, and by far the most famous. The fan base they garnered was so huge that the Chinese government apparently felt threatened and cancelled the official airings of the finale as well as banning the main cast from even meeting up in real life. Like wtf type of evil shit? If it’s your type of thing, I recommends everyone to check it out. It’s really a beautiful show and there’s never been a BL since with a main couple that has better chemistry. Rip honestly.

• i'm not really into bl. i'm on tumblr (shhh) and at the time bl was trending all the time. i'd decided to check it out and first watched heroin and liked it, but i cannot remember if i watched the ending episodes. :/ then i moved on to thai dramas. i'd watched at least 6 or 7 before dropping them, consent really bothered me.

There was one Thai bl drama that I just COULDN'T watch, every episode had consent problems. The few others I watched weren't as bad in the consent area. Maybe there are worse that I haven't watched :pepe-cringe:

his year i stumble upon We Best Love and loved it (not liked it- loved it) and that restored my faith in bl's. will check out more soon.

I might have to watch it then :huh:

i know that The Untamed had great success but it passed the censors due to lack of kissing. i wonder if bromance dramas are going to be affected by this ban :/

I wouldn't put it past them honestly :pepenomad:

(Unrelated, but your Yoongi sig is so cute :p )

Legend Lee Know

• This is just sad af. Can’t say I’m surprised but that’s just so many levels of fucked up

Yeppp. Addicted was the last real straight up gay/bl drama in China, and by far the most famous. The fan base they garnered was so huge that the Chinese government apparently felt threatened and cancelled the official airings of the finale as well as banning the main cast from even meeting up in real life. Like wtf type of evil shit? If it’s your type of thing, I recommends everyone to check it out. It’s really a beautiful show and there’s never been a BL since with a main couple that has better chemistry. Rip honestly.

I never watched it because I think it didn't end? Or did it?

If it had an ending I will watch it.

Legend Lee Know

• No but fr. Do these men not understand the difference between assaulting and like normal progression?

:baekhyun2:

And in TharnType it wasn't even subtle, just straight up assault. How could that drama be so popular, I will never understand <X

Legend Lee Know

• I never watched it because I think it didn't end? Or did it?

If it had an ending I will watch it.

Technically not really officially? But I think you can find the unaired ending online. Honestly it was worth it for me just because of how much I love the cast chemistry.

Taiwanese and Hongkong. I watched LGBT documentary about Taiwan’s pride parade (biggest in Asia or the world, not sure), but they mentioned that they also use that as a form of their political stance against China. They also recovered other Chinese cultures that were “cleansed” by mainland like the Shrine for the Rabbit God (patron of Homosexuals).

• "Fan culture" is the shittiest excuse I've ever seen for banning the lgbtq community. And what do they mean say "Use the Internet in a civil manner. Say no to harmful information.", when searching for the term gay or lgbtq? They act like even searching up those terms is a crime. CCP is disgusting :cursing:

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Technically not really officially? But I think you can find the unaired ending online. Honestly it was worth it for me just because of how much I love the cast chemistry.

I guess I have to watch it then :yesr:

Ew not TharnType

The WORST.

:pepe-cringe::pepe-cringe::pepe-cringe:

Legend Lee Know

• This thread contains 45 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!