I really want to dress better but.. idk where I should start..?

• Hey.. how are you?
    I'm new here and english is not my first language so sorry if I made mistakes :nervousk: ..
    Anyways,

So, I'm really into fashion. I love to see the clothes that youtubers, idols and actresses on doramas are wearing.. I find it fascinating. But the thing is.. I wanna be pretty too TT. I love k and j fashion but Idk how to .. make it work..? Everytime I try to be more fashionable I just endup looking like a grandma or like I'm wearing a costume (?). I'm trying again to be better on makeup (after gave up for years), I follow a lot of makeup youtubers to learn more but I don't know many about clothing.. do you recomend any fashion channels? Or maybe has any other tips?

This is so confusing to me.. I'm starting to think that I'm just ugly.. :(:(:(

Edited once, last by milooky ().

• first of all you're not ugly smhhh you just haven't found your style yet :')

hmm i don't have any youtubers in mind but just some general tips:

- do you have a fav shirt or smthng that you automatically feel better wearing? try to find clothes with similar cuts (neckline, sleeve length, etc)

- layer !! you can buy clothes specifically for layering, or just pull random things out of your closet. i suggest turtlenecks bc they go really well under dresses, baggy t-shirts, and basically anything lol

- since you said you end up looking like a grandma, my biggest suggestion is to balance your outfits, especially between tight/loose and colourful/plain ??

have fun lol:danceb:

• Wearing whatever you find comfortable and finding your own style is important

Most of the clothes that I own and fit me are baggy t-shirts/sweatpants/hoodies, kind of tomboyish style.. they are kind of confortable but.. I want to be more girly(?) and idk how to do it without being weird..

• go on pinterest and look for a style that you like.

I'm already doing this. it gets so overwhelming.. I def need to buy new clothes and Idk what should I buy.. If you were changing your style, what should you buy first? I'm really lost :waterr:

• Ohhh.. Hm.. my fav clothing.. I'm not sure what kind of thing looks better on me because nowadays I mostly wear t-shirts, tanks and baggy clothing in general.. but it's really helpful. Maybe I should build my wardrobe slowly to find what suits me..
    About layering, should a buy a size up for dresses/etc when I want to use with a shirt underneath?

I'm too tall (1,7m), a little overweighted and my body is not delicate.. my shoulders are too large and sometimes depending what I wearing it seems like I'm a ..body builder ....... nothing wrong with that but I wish I could look more cute/feminine..:shyr:

• Ohhh.. Hm.. my fav clothing.. I'm not sure what kind of thing looks better on me because nowadays I mostly wear t-shirts, tanks and baggy clothing in general.. but it's really helpful. Maybe I should build my wardrobe slowly to find what suits me..
    About layering, should a buy a size up for dresses/etc when I want to use with a shirt underneath?

I'm too tall (1,7m), a little overweighted and my body is not delicate.. my shoulders are too large and sometimes depending what I wearing it seems like I'm a ..body builder ....... nothing wrong with that but I wish I could look more cute/feminine..:shyr:

hmm about buying larger dresses, it depends on the style you're going with ig. look up outfits that have layers and think about which ones you personally find cutest!! i don't think it's necessary to buy larger unless it's the look you're going for, but if the dress is too tight or sticks to your body too much it'll definitely feel uncomfortable on top of something else lol

yeahhh i get that struggle lol u_u if you want to look more cute/feminine, i'd actually just suggest cute baggy t-shirts (it's something about the bagginess lol) tucked into a simple pair of jeans/a skirt. i personally think it works for everyone and it's not something that you'll be too nervous to wear!!

• i work in fashion

so go and find one or two pair of jeans that fits you well, no, better than well. If wide jeans don`t suit you well, go for classic fits. Skinny or Flare boot. Use neutral colours for your first pair of jeans. Dark blue, black. Then you can start with torn jeans of with more colours.

always have basic white or black t-shirt or shirt. You can pick one with an oversize style, but be carefull if you are short or have short limbs, pick well your fittings. Fitting is more important than fashion trend, always.

Neutral colours are black, white, grey, some browns and Blue. Escalate carefully with colours. Also look wich colours fits your skin tone. I love flashy colours and i use them

a good jacket goes with everything well, black faux leather is great

boots go well with everything and basic urban sneakers, i want a pair in ligh brown

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• you must know your body proportions and what lengths go well with you in different garments. Also different brands have different proportions, some are for taller or shorter or different shape than yours. Just because something does not fit you, it means there something wrong with you.

we hear all the time about how this idol can wear anything, and everything fits them...bullshit, they have stylist that adapt their outfits well.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• https://theconceptwardrobe.com…/the-kibbe-body-type-test

Understand your body type first to see which type of clothing would suit you the best and then go for pieces you like based off of that (staple pieces first because you can mix and match them often with other article of clothings).

Was going to suggest this but Kitchener System seems to work better for me than Kibbe.

🆈🅴🅰🅷, 🅱🆁🆄🅲🅴 🅱🅴 🅿🆁🅾🆄🅳

🅸'🅼 🆆🅰🆃🅴🆁

🅼🅾🆅🅴🆂, 🆃🅷🅴🆈 🆂🆃🅰🅶🅶🅴🆁

🆆🅰🆃🆃🅰🅷!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!