Twice losing their popularity to the newer gg (THREAD)

• irina  Dustinaan hour ago edited

I think the company have a big role in their idols individual career , sana and nayeon could have a great solo career back then if jyp wanted they were so popular but now they will not , twice are losing their popularity as group and their fans are leaving them for other groups , other young pretty girls are debuting , big markets are only interested in new trendy girls like black pink . So you see if jyp promoted them as individuals well they'll be stable but he didn't give them anything except milking them.

Just happened to saw this post and it’s true while they still selling 500k per album I feel like it’s their maximum selling power now. I think they just need to promote the girls solo so knetz will get interested to them again.

• Y’all worry too much. Twice are doing just fine & are still huge. And even if not, this happens to girl groups when they’re around long enough, so it’s inevitable

Twice did things that no girl group has done and no girl group probably can do. They’ve proven themselves enough

• Agree with you about the fact that JYP should have give them solo debut and the fact that twice isn't as their peak anymore so it'll be harder for the members to get great solo job in comparisons of the other 3rd gen idols who already have good solo career established, and other brand etc.. who are going for newer and more trendy idol currently

but i don't think they are losing in popularity

i think they are in the time of their career like every idol before them where they are stagnant

they aren't losing in popularity since their fandom is still going strong and have more years doing great in front of them

but i don't see them peaking higher than what they are doing now

anyway i think Twice is doing great, and 500K is an amazing number for a GG

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Why don't I see none of the twice is declining squad in achievement threads. Their taste of love achievements alone show they are far from declining lol. I'll leave this here for those who avoid those threads like the plague and bark in threads like this <3

TASTE OF LOVE

Debuts at #1 on World Albums.
    - Debuts at #1 on Current Album Sales.
    - Debuts at #2 on the United World Chart Top 40 AlbumsOnly Female Album on the TOP 10 Gaon Mid-Year Chart 2021 at #9.

HIGHEST-CHARTING EP by KGG on Rolling Stones Album 200 Chart at #6.
    - Longest Running EP by KGG on the Billboard Top Album Sales Chart with 5 weeks.
    - K-pop Female Album with Most Consecutive Weeks inside Tastemaker (3 weeks).

FIRST EP by KGG to debut on the Finnish Album Chart at #21.
    - FIRST EP by KGG to Top on BOTH Billboard Album Charts and Current Album Sales.
    - HIGHEST RATED Album by GIRLGROUP in Metacritic History.

- FIRST EP by KGG to be #1 on Top Album Sales Chart. - FIRST EP by KGG to enter Billboard Hot 200, Top 10 at #6
    - FIRST EP by KGG to reached #1 in Pure US Album Sales.
    - FIRST EP by KGG to chart on Top 10 on HITS Top50.

HIGHEST Rated Album on Pitchfork by Korean Group among 3rd Generation Album with 7.3
    - HIGHEST Album Units for an EP by KGG in first week (+47.6k).
    - HIGHEST Debut for an EP by KGG on HITS TOP 50 at #6.

Highest 1st Week GirlGroup Sales on Hanteo this 2021.
    - Highest Charting KGG EP at 3rd Week on Billboard 200.
    - First EP by KGG to achieve 2 weeks at #1 in Billboard World Albums.

Desbundar

• aren't you getting annoying? I thought you were a once so what is your problem exactly? First your pathetic hopes for the ngg to make itzy irrelevant now this, please get help. Imagine repping this hard for a group that hasn't even debuted yet and jumping ships this fast

She’s a success stan, when twice was the top gg at least during the time when I used to surf AKP as a guest, she was praising twice to heavens, immediately Blackpink took over, she started hyping itzy and using itzy to hate on Aespa after seeing the hit song from Aespa she ran immediately to stan this new gg like they are the ultimate visual and next big thing gg, she’s like the jyp version of SooYoung except soo young is more loyal to all sm groups flops or not

Edited once, last by fidren ().

• irina  Dustinaan hour ago edited

I think the company have a big role in their idols individual career , sana and nayeon could have a great solo career back then if jyp wanted they were so popular but now they will not , twice are losing their popularity as group and their fans are leaving them for other groups , other young pretty girls are debuting , big markets are only interested in new trendy girls like black pink . So you see if jyp promoted them as individuals well they'll be stable but he didn't give them anything except milking them.

Just happened to saw this post and it’s true while they still selling 500k per album I feel like it’s their maximum selling power now. I think they just need to promote the girls solo so knetz will get interested to them again.

What? How is selling 500K per album bad? Twice and GOT7 really hard carried JYPE to where they are now. Also, they are earning a lot of money from advertisements, modelling, merchandise and so on.

• She’s a success stan, when twice was the top gg at least during the time when I used to surf AKP as a guest, she was praising twice to heavens, immediately Blackpink took over, she started hyping itzy and using itzy to hate on Aespa after seeing the hit song from Aespa she ran immediately to stan this new gg like they are the ultimate visual and next big thing gg, she’s like the jyp version of SooYoung exceot soo young is more loyal to all sm groups flops or not

SooYoung is not a success stan :nervousk: and they're really nice but op is just mean to everyone :suure:

• She’s a success stan, when twice was the top gg at least during the time when I used to surf AKP as a guest, she was praising twice to heavens, immediately Blackpink took over, she started hyping itzy and using itzy to hate on Aespa after seeing the hit song from Aespa she ran immediately to stan this new gg like they are the ultimate visual and next big thing gg, she’s like the jyp version of SooYoung exceot soo young is more loyal to all sm groups flops or not

because i don't stan success,

i stan quality and talent :wink:

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Time to block OP. Your threads are getting seriously irritating. It was funny at first to see you make multiple threads about how TWICE is losing relevance because you only made a fool out of yourself when TOL/AF came out but the token stanning is getting on my nerves.

• Twice's popularity in SK came from hit songs and being trendy with the public.

They no longer release songs for the Korean market (so no more hit songs) or promote in Korea like they used to so are no longer trendy. Inevitably other groups have taken the attention they left behind.

The fact that JYPE have made so many bad decisions in the last 2 years yet they're still at where they are is a testament to how big they once were/still are. Twice should/could have ended up as the most impactful GG ever in Korea with the start they had to their careers but being on the Billboard charts for 2/3 weeks is more important now.

• twicesuuuu

Changed the title of the thread from “Twice losing their popularity for the newer gg (THREAD)” to “Twice losing their popularity to the newer gg (THREAD)”.
  • 1st : Twice don’t need to prove anything they have the biggest peak by a gg, and they will remain as one of the biggest K-pop gg ever

2nd : JYPE keep understocking their albums so they will stuck at 500k every cb plus keep in mind Twice release like 3 Japanese albums per year so it affects their Korean sales

3rd their international stats are growing every year they don’t even need Korea anymore

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!