Girls Planet 999 Top 9 Ranking

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I see people online calling rigged, they need to learn how math works

I explained over a week ago how K-Group could not get #1 even if they have the most popular candidate, even if they had the 10 most popular candidates (especially is the later is true) the Voting App FORCES YOU to vote for 3 from each group, there will be the exact same number of votes for each of the 3 National Groups, so it is about how many are splitting the Vote

Yujin probably is easily the most popular and without the voting restriction wins #1 spot, but with that restriction it was always going to favor J-Group and C-Group who have less Stars splitting the vote

• I see people online calling rigged, they need to learn how math works

I explained over a week ago how K-Group could not get #1 even if they have the most popular candidate, even if they had the 10 most popular candidates (especially is the later is true) the Voting App FORCES YOU to vote for 3 from each group, there will be the exact same number of votes for each of the 3 National Groups, so it is about how many are splitting the Vote

Yujin probably is easily the most popular and without the voting restriction wins #1 spot, but with that restriction it was always going to favor J-Group and C-Group who have less Stars splitting the vote

Exactly. The way this is set up, this group will FOR SURE have a K center after they get rid of cells for the finale and only allow individual voting. Then we're going to hear about a massive "shocking surprise ranking" where all of the K trainees will go up.

• just finished watching the episode

I knew Kawaguchi Yurina was going to rank high but I didn't anticipate her being ranked 1

A huge congrats to her

The weight of being No1 is too heavy on her I'm afraid.

Her current skills set and character is not fit for No1 position.

I'm happy with her being in the final lineup as a support member but she is not fit to carry the final group.

I'm pretty sure even Yurina feels the same and she is not fit to lead the final group.

• this is what i said but c/jpop stans think its blasphemy to mention it

• Exactly. The way this is set up, this group will FOR SURE have a K center after they get rid of cells for the finale and only allow individual voting. Then we're going to hear about a massive "shocking surprise ranking" where all of the K trainees will go up.

I am actually concerned the difference could be larger than we think and Individual voting would have revealed something like 8/1/0 or even worse

I just keep looking at C#8 Xia Yan's cell being eliminated and realizing how there is no chance the 8th most popular Korean trainee would have been eliminated then

In-fact who was eliminated almost exactly matches K-Group 1 through 18, with only You Dayeon being the outlier (and I have heard rumors there might be more going on there) - MNet seemingly forgetting about her for most of those Cell reveals was telling considering how far her cell fell to have no reaction shots of people in shock about it was strange

FIRST RANKING.png

Is it possible that without the Forced Votes we could have seen a Top 9 of;

Choi Yujin

Kang Yeseo

Kim Chaehyun

Seo YoungEun

Kim Doah

Huenning Bahiyyih

Kim Dayeon

Kim Suyeon

Guinn Myah

i.e. ALL K-GROUP

That would have been devastating and definitely NOT what I want

but it is possible and worrying to me

• I think we may get a 4:3:2 ratio at best and a 6:2:1 ratio or worse. I think a lot of trainees have individual popularity and dedicated fanbases, which will carry them to the finale but I think (with a few exceptions) the majority of those are K trainees.

• You cannot really draw any conclusions from this though - people probably voted for Xia Yan individually because she stood out in HYLT (as a form of "respect" or simply not having other C-trainees that they wanted to vote for) but that does not automatically translate into voting for her cell, which had unpopular K & J members, and she is not popular enough to be 1-pick for many people to justify voting for the cell solely due to her. This is one of the drawbacks of the cell system - even if you stand out in one performance, many people already have "lock" cell picks which won't change, while having 9 votes in total (instead of essentially only 3) gives more flexibility to vote for stand out trainees. They did jump 3 positions from the top 24 due to her though, so there is that.

I do agree that unrestricted voting would result in much more C & J trainees getting eliminated though, especially J-group which was given less screen time and generally "introduced" less contestants than other groups. And of course, there won't be a 3:3:3 distribution - although, I think that the top C & J picks would still be in the top 9.

• I think we may get a 4:3:2 ratio at best and a 6:2:1 ratio or worse. I think a lot of trainees have individual popularity and dedicated fanbases, which will carry them to the finale but I think (with a few exceptions) the majority of those are K trainees.

If you didn't know the Voting restrictions will stay until the Finale

I have seen it said somewhere that there will be a 6/6/6 split before the final vote

Which means yes, a 6/2/1 ratio is the worst result, but that could only be because there are only 6 Koreans allowed to be voted for at the end

Without these restrictions I highly doubt the Final 18 would naturally be 6/6/6

Probably something like 11-4-3 looking at the lists as they are now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!