It's time for Kpop companies to shift from China to SEA.

• Yes, I know SEA isn't as rich as China. But if you take the whole region as a whole and the major countries, I think many groups can easily hit over 100k album sales. Merchandise included. SEA can be profitable too.

SEA is a region that has always been friendly to Korea and Kpop. Even Vietnam, a communist country like China is opening everything to Korea for investment. Not to mention the huge streaming groups get from the region. It's time for Korea to put down the predujice and rely on countries that are not unstable like China. This thread is related to China's clamp down on fan activities.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• Yes, I know SEA isn't as rich as China. But if you take the whole region as a whole and the major countries, I think many groups can easily hit over 100k album sales. Merchandise included. SEA can be profitable too.

SEA is a region that has always been friendly to Korea and Kpop. Even Vietnam, a communist country like China is opening everything to Korea for investment. Not to mention the huge streaming groups get from the region. It's time for Korea to put down the predujice and rely on countries that are not unstable like China. This thread is related to China's clamp down on fan activities.

Naw.. they won't learn. Even after the Lotte backlash etc

• I think the probelm is this - for China, you can target the country and reap all the sales/rewards, while for the SEA countries, you have to target several countries so come up with a relatively similar amount of sales. So there is a lot more time/effort/cost involved to come up with the same profit as opposed to just concentrating on one target.

• Not sure about other companies, but SM already promoting in SEA region.

NCT Dream promoted in Indonesia and Malaysia (before Covid)

SM has a subsidiary in Vietnam? not sure, but I think I saw news related to Vietnam.

There are two SMTown cafes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

• Not sure about other companies, but SM already promoting in SEA region.

NCT Dream promoted in Indonesia and Malaysia (before Covid)

SM has a subsidiary in Vietnam? not sure, but I think I saw news related to Vietnam.

Yes. S.M had an affiliate in Vietnam but, it did not mean much. S.M has had an affiliate in Thailand and it mainly just held concerts of S.M's singers and sold merches.

In late May, it was reported that GMM, the leading music label of Thailand, and YG had co-founded YG'MM and, this new label would open audition within this year to debut girl and boy groups within 5 years. But, no further info has been released since.

I think the probelm is this - for China, you can target the country and reap all the sales/rewards, while for the SEA countries, you have to target several countries so come up with a relatively similar amount of sales. So there is a lot more time/effort/cost involved to come up with the same profit as opposed to just concentrating on one target.

You got it right.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!