What do you think of Kpop being considered a "safe space" by fans?

• Hi I'm kpop nice to....

*proceeds to beat you up* with

fanwars, name calling, dating scandals, drug scandals, bullying scandals, etc etc

Ain't that the truth, Doctor Bishop Senior Apostle Evangelist Selfmate??! In the eternal words of the westside Don Ice Cube and Funker George Clinton; "Yea Ee Yea. Yea. Ee. Yea."

I think it depends on the community. We don't even entirely have that here in our AKP global village, but we are trying.

• i get why people can say that, because that's what neo city is to me. after a bad day i can def go there and rant knowing there will be others there for me, and its nice to have people who share similar interests with you...

(this sounds like a cheesy ad to join neo city but istg its not)

• I srsly pity people whom Kpop is their safe space

How fucking bad is the rest of their lives?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ain't that the truth, Doctor Bishop Senior Apostle Evangelist Selfmate??! In the eternal words of the westside Don Ice Cube and Funker George Clinton; "Yea Ee Yea. Yea. Ee. Yea."

I think it depends on the community. We don't even entirely have that here in our AKP global village, but we are trying.

nice :thumbup: appreciate it my friend

from what I've seen AKP post revamp is a lot better than pre-revamp??? (correct me if I'm wrong) of course there's the occasional flare up and fanwar but generally speaking it's been pretty "safe"

• nice :thumbup: appreciate it my friend

from what I've seen AKP post revamp is a lot better than pre-revamp??? (correct me if I'm wrong) of course there's the occasional flare up and fanwar but generally speaking it's been pretty "safe"

More safe, but still not entirely safe for sharing unpopular opinions. I'll will voice a perspective that goes against the grain because I don't have ill intentions, but I don't think that happens often enough especially if there are learning opportunities to try to understanding different perspectives.

• More safe, but still not entirely safe for sharing unpopular opinions. I'll will voice a perspective that goes against the grain because I don't have ill intentions, but I don't think that happens often enough especially if there are learning opportunities to try to understanding different perspectives.

true true more safe instead of pretty safe...

• i get why people can say that, because that's what neo city is to me. after a bad day i can def go there and rant knowing there will be others there for me, and its nice to have people who share similar interests with you...

(this sounds like a cheesy ad to join neo city but istg its not)

I'm glad you have found a space where you feel comfortable and supported. Guilds here are good for that. AKP overall though and kpop stan spaces in general are very toxic unless you tow the line and agree with the prevailing opinion. Even then, you're likely to eventually run into crazy stans who are far too emotionally invested and treat kpop like a battleground as if being a music fan actually matters in the scheme of things. I've seen crazy drama, bullying, lies, threats etc here as well as other kpop spaces that matched the worst I've seen anywhere else.

• nice :thumbup: appreciate it my friend

I feel like a lot of people left during the revamp. As for the people who stayed, I feel like there's less diversity of opinion now and fewer fandoms really having much representation here, at least in the general chat. Maybe most others are just preferring to stay in the guilds tho or maybe the fandoms really have concentrated down due to others feeling isolated or like they couldn't share honest opinions without being bullied. Whatever it is, the kpop section feels dead a lot of the time (unless you like numbers threads ig).

• I think it's fine. Everyone has their thing that helps make their day better and helps them get through certain things. It's definitely something that helps me blow off steam and feel better after a stressful day.

• I feel like a lot of people left during the revamp. As for the people who stayed, I feel like there's less diversity of opinion now and fewer fandoms really having much representation here, at least in the general chat. Maybe most others are just preferring to stay in the guilds tho or maybe the fandoms really have concentrated down due to others feeling isolated or like they couldn't share honest opinions without being bullied. Whatever it is, the kpop section feels dead a lot of the time (unless you like numbers threads ig).

make sense...

the guilds do seem more concentrated I feel that...

• Honestly, take away the toxicity of it all, and it’s a pretty calming place. Especially the guild I’m in. I feel the safest in there, as I’ve made the best of friends whom understand and listen to me just as I do for them. I also feel safe in the random thoughts thread. That’s like, my little rant space I guess you could say. And I also think it depends on where you spend most of your time? If you’re constantly engaging in drama, fanwars, etc, then it will definitely be a stressful experience for you. But if you’re engaging in actual conversations about kpop music itself, the groups you love, etc, then it’s a splendid time. It really just depends-

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• It shouldn’t be.

You can create safe spaces for the fans. Like any community board or your Twitter or your discord or whatever.

but kpop as a whole is not your safe space. It’s true for anything tbh.

If you want a safe space you create it and engage only with the ppl you want. Don’t police others who have no relation to you.

• I'm glad you have found a space where you feel comfortable and supported. Guilds here are good for that. AKP overall though and kpop stan spaces in general are very toxic unless you tow the line and agree with the prevailing opinion. Even then, you're likely to eventually run into crazy stans who are far too emotionally invested and treat kpop like a battleground as if being a music fan actually matters in the scheme of things. I've seen crazy drama, bullying, lies, threats etc here as well as other kpop spaces that matched the worst I've seen anywhere else.

like twt LOL. kpop can def be a toxic place for stans to interact, but i feel like it can be a safe place in a sense where you feel most naturally comfortable? like listening to your fav's song or even watching their live or something? idk those are just my thoughts

• The only time I've seen it being a safe space is in person. There've been things such meetups and K-pop dance classes/lessons around here. Generally, it's more of a multistan setting, and people of all sorts of different backgrounds come together and are really nice to each other.

Interesting you say that, considering that online it's pretty much the opposite.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!