Do you think Irene's controversy saved Red Velvet (allow me to explain)

• Before the controversy happened, the entire Kpop community was discussing Red Velvet's future and many people believed Irene was done with the Kpop life. She doesn't seem very invested compared to the other members and probably wanted to pursue acting. Before the controversy, Reveluvs would have been upset but still supported her and she'd still have a successful career.

But then the scandal happened and people questioned her character. If Irene were to leave now, people wouldn't be supportive, they'd think she's a massive diva, especially if she is the only member who did not re-sign. So in order to keep her career alive, she stuck with the team a little longer.

What do you think of that?

• I just think it proves that idols can face no consequences for scandals if they are pretty and popular and their company handles it in a particular manner.

• There are plenty of idols who both act and still comeback with their groups. Maybe she was planning on doing both.

people were only talking about the end of Red Velvet coz Irene is 30. Kpop fans are like this with women.

Solar is 30, most of snsd is in their 30's and Lee hyori is I her 40's. Yet the public and kpop fans receive their/their groups songs well. Kpop fans and the gp have been practically itching for an snsd ain't nobody seems to care about their age. People are more accommodating these days.

Desbundar

• If that recording were released, she'd be over because it'd ruin this image that Kpop fans have. Even if they hear about behaviour like this, they can't take it in completely without proof. She'd still have some fans left if it were released though. I think that girl doesn't care and would leave the group regardless what fans think if she wanted to, her face is enough to get her money somewhere else.

• well tbh idk, but her passion seemed to be reignited with Monster's release, she even talked about wanting solo cause Monster made her more confident

• There are plenty of idols who both act and still comeback with their groups. Maybe she was planning on doing both.

Solar is 30, most of snsd is in their 30's and Lee hyori is I her 40's. Yet the public and kpop fans receive their/their groups songs well. Kpop fans and the gp have been practically itching for an snsd ain't nobody seems to care about their age. People are more accommodating these days.

Disagree about the last part...

The difference in popularity of solar and irene is huge that is why you don't see that for her... if hwasa was 30 she would have also faced such comments more than solar...

As for SNSD, everytime knows they are a group of another older generation now and that is why they don't care... They are way too loved like iu as well and have been around in the industry for very long that is why you dont see it

RV is still promoting and a top gg from the 3rd generation and you just need to go to articles with irene and check comments and there are a huge bunch of people alsways calling her old and ajhumma... not just articles but also online discussions as well

Obviously not everyone calls her but she does receive it way more than others and that is true...

Kpop is like that to many women....and yes, this outrage is also selective for them...they decide who they want to call ajhumma and go on with it accordingly...

Irene also faced it a lot more than normal even before the scandal so it's not like it only happened when the public reception went bad

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!