Jessica's firing from SNSD is the main downfall of f(x)

• People have speculated for years about why f(x) dissapeared from kpop and was put in the dungeon after the enormously successful 4 Walls.

Members have stated many reasons why such as timing and schedules never lining up and how they were just waiting on the right project.

A theory I've heard about that makes sense is f(x) lives and dies with Krystal. And after SNSD kicked out Jessica that was the straw that broke the camel back. Krystal was DONE with SM. She held a grudge against SNSD and SM and then later one of her best friends leaves her own group. I'm sure f(x) was already half way done with recording 4 Walls album so that's why we still got one more comeback after this mess.

But Krystal knew deep down this was it for her. Shed always been a little distant as an idol but during 4 Walls promotion she was extra cold.

From the notorious end stage of SNSD where Krystal could be seen trying to sneak off (cause those dem hoez that did my sister wrong) to her also notorious I DONT GIVE A FUCK face during Mama award acceptance. She couldn't get out of kpop fast enough.

It all fell on Krystal. If she agreed to at least one more comeback after 4 Walls then it would have happened. No doubt about it.

What do you think about this angle? I'm not bashing Krystal either. I love her. But shit hit the fan for her with SNSD and I feel like it played a huge role in the fate of f(x).

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well I don't really trust theories, it's quite obvious SM just didn't want to invest in f(x) anymore, I mean maybe krystal really just got fed up with SM and with her sister leaving SNSD she really could have had enough, and I could never see F(x) continuing as 3. The whole SNSD scandal was a big hot mess, and as much as fans like to spread theories that taeyeon or whoever was involved, or all of the girls, we'll never really know. I think it ended on a very bad note, since SM has black listed Jessica in the industry out of anger. Anyways, at least Krystal is happy now, and that's really all that matters.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Not only that but Krystal's own manager was using her to shade Jessica.

I'd be pissed af at my company if that went down

What was that all about? And what was his justification?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• After the Jessica business happened I turned my back on Girls Generation as she was my bias. I just feel it's a bit like with 2NE1, I feel SM didn't care about F(x) and didn't want to invest any more time in promoting them. They never got the respect and recognition they deserved which is sad as they were my second bias group with a great discography. :-(

• That would be hella unprofessional of Krystal. Even if she had problems with SNSD or SM it would've been unafir to throw her own group under the bus because of her feelings. It's like how if you have a job and you don't get along with a couple co-workers you still got to do your job properly with the rest.

I think Krystal was just like that normally even before Jessica kicked out. She was less involved on the msuic side of things compared to other members (she and amber attended a Luna concert a few years ago and Krsyal looked like she wanted off the stage ASAP lol), she seemed to prefer acting anyway. It became more noticeable after Jessica bceuase obviously there's more focus on her being Jess sister and fx moving onto individual activities.

I think FX problems were bigger than just placing the blame on Krystal

• That would be hella unprofessional of Krystal. Even if she had problems with SNSD or SM it would've been unafir to throw her own group under the bus because of her feelings. It's like how if you have a job and you don't get along with a couple co-workers you still got to do your job properly with the rest.

I think Krystal was just like that normally even before Jessica kicked out. She was less involved on the msuic side of things compared to other members (she and amber attended a Luna concert a few years ago and Krsyal looked like she wanted off the stage ASAP lol), she seemed to prefer acting anyway. It became more noticeable after Jessica bceuase obviously there's more focus on her being Jess sister and fx moving onto individual activities.

I always got the impression that both Krystal and Sulli were only in f(x) to help boost their future acting careers. That's where their true passion was. Nothing wrong with that either. Its well documented that idols don't make a lot of money. Its after idol life that you use your name that you built as an idol to then go make your own real money in a later career.

Also. Whenever someone has a problem with management its always your co workers who suffer the most. If you didn't get that raise you asked for then you decided to just slow down your work. And that ends up hurting e everyone else your working with. Scottie Pippen on The Last Dance is the perfect example. Its nothing personal but I got to take care of myself first.

• tbh I wouldn't doubt this. I think she was OKAY with promoting f(x) (re: all mine) but I also wonder exactly how SM treated her after Jessica left. I have a feeling that SM wanted her to take sides and she was refusing or even objecting to SM/GG's decision and shit went downhill from there.

I also think that part of Jessica's contract being broken and her leaving SM after being kicked from GG also meant that she had to sign a NDA so she couldn't speak on SNSD and vice versa. I'd imagine that it upset Krystal how easily the public turned on her sister and left a bad taste in her mouth.

• tbh I wouldn't doubt this. I think she was OKAY with promoting f(x) (re: all mine) but I also wonder exactly how SM treated her after Jessica left. I have a feeling that SM wanted her to take sides and she was refusing or even objecting to SM/GG's decision and shit went downhill from there.

I also think that part of Jessica's contract being broken and her leaving SM after being kicked from GG also meant that she had to sign a NDA so she couldn't speak on SNSD and vice versa. I'd imagine that it upset Krystal how easily the public turned on her sister and left a bad taste in her mouth.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when SM called Krystal into a meeting to discuss Jessica's departure and what her thoughts and plans would be now that this has happened. And to remind her not to say anything that could paint SM in a bad light.

• I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when SM called Krystal into a meeting to discuss Jessica's departure and what her thoughts and plans would be now that this has happened. And to remind her not to say anything that could paint SM in a bad light.

Same. I still want to know the detailed truth from her perspective. I also wanna know WHY SM felt that removing her from SNSD was the best decision... like what could have possibly gone that wrong that they would remove the 2nd or 3rd most popular member in the group?

• their main downfall was sm honestly. we almost had a winter comeback in 2016 postponed for 2017 according to krystal, so there was obviously something going on behind the scenes victoria that stopped them.

I always got the impression that both Krystal and Sulli were only in f(x) to help boost their future acting careers.

idk without them there would be no f(x) :pepe-tea:

the group was built around the two.

• 4walls and all of the singles they released the last couple years of their career flopped pretty hard. Not sure where the "enormously successful" part came in.

Interesting read though.

• 4walls and all of the singles they released the last couple years of their career flopped pretty hard. Not sure where the "enormously successful" part came in.

Interesting read though.

Well 4 Walls was the first girl group album to beat an SNSD album in first week sales.

They also won a bunch of awards.

• I agree and it wasn't the only major reason. Yes, Fx's future depended highly on Krystal, she had the power to push the group forward but Fx was already doomed because:

1. they weren't being promoted enough by SM like since debut.

2. Every individual Fx member had there own problems that led to the death of the group.

Luna was a powerful vocalist, the best in her generation but Korea didn't love and support her enough, apparently she wasn't pretty enough.

Amber was a tomboy, something very new to Kpop groups and she wasn't popular too.

Sulli left the group.

Victoria went home to China and couldn't do both China and Korea promotions because of THAAD. She would've carried Fx in China.

And then, Jessica was kicked out which made Krystal get done with SM and Kpop.

All were strong reasons for Fx to stop promoting.

I think FX problems were bigger than just placing the blame on Krystal

Krystal was the Suzy in Fx, the group depended largely on her popularity which I think was very unfair to her. She simply chose not to be exploited. And that's her sister we are talking about. SM can never support Krystal for life and the support is only for money but Jessica can do anything and everything for Krystal. So, if you were Krystal, would you choose a shady company over your sister?

Besides, she tried. She renewed her contract for 3 more years before leaving. I think she tried to give Fx a chance but clearly it wasn't going to work unless she agreed to be exploited.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!