Witnessing one of the greatest albums of all time

• please don't click off because this is about an american artist. this is about Halsey so hear me out- cause we all know my/some of y'alls faves will be streaming *cough* namjoon *cough*

i'm going to make a thread on this later in more detail but have you ever heard an album, where on first listen, that you smiled to, cried to, etc?

that is "If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power"

it sounds so aggressive but

i want to quickly discuss the closing track which i just heard, titled "Ya'aburnee" ("You bury me" in Arabic)

(using the female pronouns for clarity but they go by they/them)

the song basically discusses how she loves her partner so much, that she believes that they will live forever, and if they don't live forever, her partner will have to bury her first because she doesn't want to live if her partner dies

now. i don't want to elaborate but obviously that's sad and for some people that might hit harder than it does for others.

if you like beautiful and well written and simple and gorgeous songs, here you go.

i'm going to do a full album review asap because it's amazing, and this is actually the only really quiet song on it.

alright, i'm done crying rn. love you all

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just got through my first listen of this.

It's definitely good. The only song I outright didn't like was The Lighthouse. Everything else ranged from solid to excellent.

Feel it's a bit of a hodgepodge soundwise though, bouncing between entire genres and not in a way that feels natural.

Lyrics are quite raw in places, it's cool to see someone of this stature being so completely vulnerable.

We'll see how I get on with it over time but I definitely think it's one of the better albums to come out of the pop sphere in a long while. Or at least that I've heard.

Really loved the song Darling in particular.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!