Taemin is under fire for his misogyny comment + knets react

• download.jpg
    "Me too I have those stereotypes, about how girls have to be feminine"

download%2B%25281%2529.jpg
    "Despite the fact that they're women, they still have a sense of responsibility and have thoughts"

download%2B%25282%2529.jpg
    "I like people who make me feel like that"

post response:
    [+1271][-365]
    original post: here

1. [+774, -142]
    Isn't it funny how Korean men who have the least "manly" side to them are saying things like thatㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Try to be 190cm tall like Westerners, who are muscular, and who's got a handsome face first. Last time, I got so turned off by the rug incident (t/n: during SuperM's 1 year Vlive, Taemin poured the candlestick's wax on the rug when they had to make a wish and rubbed it with his foot) I don't care what you're thinking about but please don't make that obviousㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+625,- 54]
    That's not even a troll post, Taemin said it with his own mouthㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+514, -50]
    People saying "Who cares? It's in the past" we were also a big developed society in the past too, so you're saying that it was common to say things like that in the past? This is about having basic thought process

4. [+273, -12]
    Of course saying stuff like "I don't like girls who swear" and "I dream of a girl serving me breakfast in the morning" is stuff that would get you cancelled in this generation, but saying something like women for him generally can't have "thoughts" or a "sense of responsibility", just how can you shield him?

5. [+220, -18]
    The most popular replies whenever a male idol gets into a controversy
    1. You guys are trying to stir things up since the comeback is soon
    2. We already know this, you guys aren't even fans so don't mind our business
    3. Looks like he's going to hit big since he's getting hate on PANN/he's still doing great
    4. It's a troll

6. [+218, -9]
    So funny coming from someone who's not manly at all

7. [+193, -17]
    This was also a recording from a fan. And he mocked her saying she was big
    download%2B%25283%2529.jpg
    TM: Did you guys eat?
    Fans: Yes~
    TM: There must be people who haven't eaten [here] too ㅎㅎㅎㅎ
    but compared [to the ones who've eaten] your voices are much louder! It's really loud!
    Fans: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    TM: Or is it because you guys are big...?
    Fans ㅜㅜㅜ
    Fans:

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Taemin is under fire for his misgony comment” to “Taemin is under fire for his misogyny comment”.
  • ........ :pepe-back-away:

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Taemin is under fire for his misogyny comment” to “Taemin is under fire for his misogyny comment + knets react”.
  • None man should say this kind of things but Knetz are right that it sounds even more stupid when it's said by short, skinny, very feminine guy who is wearing full make up

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think it's fair to turn this into a shaming or negative dragging of feminine men. That's just sexism and borderline bullying too.

f someone says something misogynistic like this it should be on that person and that person alone, saying stuff like 'oh he's not big and strong and has a fucking beard' is basically the same thing right? Sexism. Plenty of feminine men or guys who enjoy being smaller, skinnier or wearing make up would equally agree this guy sounds like a pig, as I'm sure many buff manly guys would think he is spilling and vice versa.

Blame him as an individual for his gross comments.

• b2edd9b0c0c1dfe36e8e69823e99dd26.jpg

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

• What he said is wrong and very ugly. He should def apologize and I hope he changed this way of thinking.

When does this from and why is it coming up now?

I am very curious because it seems from old times.

• he said.. they have thoughts in responsibility tho? I dont get it

It's that part "Despite the fact that their women" according to the translation, implying that women don't usually have thoughts and responsibility?

But even that doesn't make sense unless he's referring to a certain group of women?

• he said.. they have thoughts in responsibility tho? I dont get it

same lmao

i think it's a translation error or something cause this comment states "but saying something like women for him generally can't have "thoughts" or a "sense of responsibility", "

4. [+273, -12]
    Of course saying stuff like "I don't like girls who swear" and "I dream of a girl serving me breakfast in the morning" is stuff that would get you cancelled in this generation, but saying something like women for him generally can't have "thoughts" or a "sense of responsibility", just how can you shield him?

You are my Celebrity

dac7ff0375c2e5330c459a780d3b4bd6f80ba7c8.gifv

• i don't exactly understand what he meant either but i think he's saying, generally for him, women don't have thoughts and a sense of responsibility

That's just what i understood, not 100% sure tho

Really? I thought he meant something like "its a woman responsability to be feminine". I mean either one its a terrible thing to say but maybe we just aren't getting the idea...

• im not trying to excuse him or bring attention away from what he said, but it seriously has to be asked, why did op make this? how did they even find this obscure video??

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the video was posted 2 years ago and the actual original video was 8 years ago... so just why?

taemin is not going to apologize for an offhand comment on a radio show from 2013. this post serves no purpose but to villainize his character. people can change from age 19 to 27, it's just dumb to claim this statement is representative of his views now. as far as i know, taemin hasn't said anything like recently, so don't go around thinking he's some creepy, misogynistic, fatshamer.

• im not trying to excuse him or bring attention away from what he said, but it seriously has to be asked, why did op make this? how did they even find this obscure video??

the video was posted 2 years ago and the actual original video was 8 years ago... so just why?

taemin is not going to apologize for an offhand comment on a radio show from 2013. this post serves no purpose but to villainize his character. people can change from age 19 to 27, it's just dumb to claim this statement is representative of his views now. as far as i know, taemin hasn't said anything like recently, so don't go around thinking he's some creepy, misogynistic, fatshamer.

but what he said? I really didn't get it. :whatb:

• Is this like a bad translation or is it just pure yikes I actually don't really know what he meant?

That's where I'm at. Honestly I'm just fixated on the "Despite the fact that they're women....." implying that their not supposed to to have those????? Assuming the translation is right....wouldn't have it been "cancel worthy" at the time since it really sounds bad on paper?

• That's where I'm at. Honestly I'm just fixated on the "Despite the fact that they're women....." implying that their not supposed to to have those????? Assuming the translation is right....wouldn't have it been "cancel worthy" at the time since it really sounds bad on paper?

Is this old? I mean I'm not saying it's ok just because it's in the past but is this old? Coz the pic is blurry so can't really see also. Still don't know what the sentence meant

I agree.

Why is this brought up just after they announced their comeback?

I understand if its intention is good but I don't believe so.

• but what he said? I really didn't get it. :whatb:

i don't know either lmao

i'm just going based off of the worst case scenario, that he was saying something intentionally misogynistic and he believes that women don't usually have responsibility and thoughts and should be feminine

even though we don't even have an accurate translation or know what he was trying to say...

• This thread contains 80 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!