Is the position of a member that important?

• Honest question:

In your opinion is it really that important to know who's the MAIN OR the LEAD singer, dancer or visual? Is it that important to define which member has which position?

I'm always seeing fans arguing about the positions of the members like "She's the main dancer...no he's the visual or he's the main vocal"

Tbh for me i don't care, of course e.g. a leader is the leader but seeing fans arguing about that, i mean in the end they function as a group and we love them as group, i don't really care who's the main or the lead. No need to fight for that.

So what's your opinion?

• It is very important, can you image if wendy wasn't the main vocalist and Yeri was? Positions allow the company to know what lines to give to someone, screentine, dancing spots, it is very important along with marketing, if your the visual you do more CFs for beauty, acting, and more. Positions to me have always been important.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• It is very important, can you image if wendy wasn't the main vocalist and Yeri was? Positions allow the company to know what lines to give to someone, screentine, dancing spots, it is very important along with marketing, if your the visual you do more CFs for beauty, acting, and more. Positions to me have always been important.

I know and totally agree, for the company it's important to know who's the best vocal or the best dancer but i just find it tiring when fans argue with you if you mistook the position of a certain member.😅

• Groups where people mistake different people for different positions shouldn’t have positions because it shows how much the group is equal in everything

• I think the positions does matter, but since groups usually didn't really announce the actual positions I think arguing about who is the main this or lead that is a little tiring.

• I know and totally agree, for the company it's important to know who's the best vocal or the best dancer but i just find it tiring when fans argue with you if you mistook the position of a certain member.😅

kpop fans have this complex that x member is mistreated and deserves this position or more lines. It is tiring.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Yes. Sometimes certain members are more deserving of certain positions, but yes, the positions give you a general understanding of the group's roles.

But sometimes companies actually don't treat them according to their positions. Take my bias for example, literally getting 2 seconds of lines despite being the leader and main vocal who trained for 10 YEARS. (No hate to Nayeon though, I love her)

• I think the positions does matter, but since groups usually didn't really announce the actual positions I think arguing about who is the main this or lead that is a little tiring.

Yeah i've seen it a lot where fans have discussions about positions and some get really serious. I enjoy listening to the music because i love them as a complete group and not because my favourite member is THE MAIN SINGER😅

• Yes. Sometimes certain members are more deserving of certain positions, but yes, the positions give you a general understanding of the group's roles.

But sometimes companies actually don't treat them according to their positions. Take my bias for example, literally getting 2 seconds of lines despite being the leader and main vocal who trained for 10 YEARS. (No hate to Nayeon though, I love her)

Ok totally agree.

For me it's totally fine that i know who is the singer or the rapper or belongs to the dancer line. But discussions about who's the main or the lead. Maybe it's just me that i'll never understand why groups needs Mains and Leads😅.

• Yeah i've seen it a lot where fans have discussions about positions and some get really serious. I enjoy listening to the music because i love them as a complete group and not because my favourite member is THE MAIN SINGER😅

ikr! Especially seeing fans arguing about line distribution and then brought up the members positions is just tiring. I know they want to hear their faves more but can't we just appreciate the song and performance more?

People arguing about who's the main visual or whatever. And me be like: "They're all beautiful and handsome"🤪

• ikr! Especially seeing fans arguing about line distribution and then brought up the members positions is just tiring. I know they want to hear their faves more but can't we just appreciate the song and performance more?

Ok good to see that i'm not the only one thinking like that😅

• People arguing about who's the main visual or whatever. And me be like: "They're all beautiful and handsome"🤪

"OMG x member should be the main visual I find them more beautiful / handsome than the official visual "

and I be like "sis the visual position is decided not by the public but by the companies who think x member fits korean beauty standards most"

• I don't think they matter as much as some people think. Most idols debut extremely young so it makes sense for the best singer to get the main vocalist position, but after 5-6 years of continuously improving to the point that everyone is a really good singer I just don't it matters that much anymore.

• I think the big ones like main singer, main dancer, visual etc are important as they're supposed to be the best of of the group. Going down to lead singer, sub singer, subwoofer singer, nano singer and so on are unnecessary.

• Well Wonho has every position

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• depends on the group

many groups have someone who's considered a main or a lead in some position but there's someone who's more deserving than them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!