So I've been conducting interviews the past few weeks

• And I'm like why do people like to say stuff like these

"I strive to be even better than what I was yesterday"

"My weakness is that I might spend too much time on something because I'm very detail oriented"

"My weakness is that I might be too talkative but it's because I'm passionate about the topic"

Like I can smell your bullshit even with a flu :smirks::smirks:

• lol yeah, what did you expect? Especially the weakness part. It's such a BS question to ask in job interviews anyway. Like, what are they supposed to answer? "Oh you know, I tend to be a bit lazy in the morning. I need a couple hours before being fully operational." lol Nobody's gonna say that. Therefore, cliché answers. Can't blame them.

• lol yeah, what did you expect? Especially the weakness part. It's such a BS question to ask in job interviews anyway. Like, what are they supposed to answer? "Oh you know, I tend to be a bit lazy in the morning. I need a couple hours before being fully operational." lol Nobody's gonna say that. Therefore, cliché answers. Can't blame them.

My boss was the one who came up with the form and honestly thinking about it like it's such a dumb question. I personally never asked it when interviewing them but it's just funny to see the written replies

• Now I know what now to say in an interview lmaooo

Honestly I think those are politically correct answers there's no wrong with it, just that it's used so often that I find it funny but maybe it's just me. If you google them you probably get those as recommended answers, because maybe those answers are what interviewers might be looking for who knows?

• Honestly I think those are politically correct answers there's no wrong with it, just that it's used so often that I find it funny but maybe it's just me. If you google them you probably get those as recommended answers, because maybe those answers are what interviewers might be looking for who knows?

It's also what you're taught to do pretty much. Admitting flaws in any interview simply isn't the way to go, and seeing people who are in charge of the process critiquing that is... not nice and honestly disrespectful.

Think of the way you'd actually respond if someone said "oh I get stressed" or "oh I'm a perfectionist and stuff can take me time" (though they're likely to twist it into, "but it's always good quality!"), you'd probably dismiss those people or have a different view of them

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]

[MEDIA=twitter]1069331625371148290[/MEDIA]

[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

• what else are we supposed to say lmaoo :sadr:

Perhaps not something cookie-cutter? Can't begin to imagine how many times I've heard that before. I mean, I appreciate that you try and prepare for the interview but, please, at the very least, try to either be honest, sincere, or just be creative. Make me remember you in the sea of applicants.

It's also what you're taught to do pretty much. Admitting flaws in any interview simply isn't the way to go, and seeing people who are in charge of the process critiquing that is... not nice and honestly disrespectful.

Think of the way you'd actually respond if someone said "oh I get stressed" or "oh I'm a perfectionist and stuff can take me time" (though they're likely to twist it into, "but it's always good quality!"), you'd probably dismiss those people or have a different view of them

Admitting flaws isn't inherently wrong. At the very least I know I wouldn't be working with a psychopath or a robot. What that tells me is that the applicant is comfortable enough to discuss himself truthfully (unless he's just making stuff up).

If somebody says "Oh I get stressed", that's a conversation opener. I'd probably ask what are that person's stressors and go from there.

This isn't a general rule by the way and I'm speaking from experience as I've interviewed lots of people from my previous job. I usually go off script with job interviews anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!