IS BIG BANG'S LEGACY TAINTED? (POLL)

• Of course it's tainted. One of their members had the biggest scandal of KPOP. People aren't gonna get over that quick. Who knows if their comeback will really happen, YG needs to lay low after Seungri's sentencing. If the comeback it will only bring light to Seungri and conspiracy theories.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Nah... John Lennon literally abused his first wife and son and is still considered one of the most influential musicians of all time. Burning Sun will always be linked to them, but it won't really change anything about their legacy or impact.

• Yes. Every time Seungri is in the news Big Bang’s name is attached to his.

And new K-pop fans who have no idea who Big Bang is but heard about Seungri’s case will have a second thought about stanning, buying or listening to their music. Their legacy has been tainted with Seungri but their success will stand the test of time. They will still do well when they have comeback or do solo activities but this will be apart of their history.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I still consider them as top 3 greatest kpop groups of all time alongside BTS & Seo Taiji and The Boys so no I guess.

I'll say their image has been tainted but not their legacy. Their impact on kpop is huge.

Image vs. Legacy is a very good distinction! That's it exactly.

• Honestly... yes and no (and this is coming from a VIP).

Like others have said, Burning Sun is linked to them now and it has caused many people to look into their previous scandals, which now look worse because of Burning Sun and the scandals at YGE as a whole.

However, I will also say no because Burning Sun doesn't take away from the things that they have done and achieved. Just to name a few things:

First group to design a lightstick

one of the first idol groups to write and produce their own music

one of the first idol groups to have underground rappers turned into idols

one of the first idol groups to collab with western artists and work with well-known fashion brands, etc.

And that doesn't even include their musical accolades.

This next comeback will definitely show what the Korean public thinks of them and we will have a better gauge of exactly how many people no longer support them and how many still do.

• I don't think so. It's a minor "ding" for the group and a big "dent" for Seungri's career. If it was a different member, it would have been harder to potentially recover.

• Although when they come back, they will do really well and people will still listen to their music, it doesn't change the fact that whenever people think of BB from now on, they will think of the scandal. So, yes, it is tainted.

• Their image might be tainted, but if by that u also mean that their next cb won't do good then I don't think so. Any publicity has always been a good publicity, Bigbang hasn't left ppl's minds due to all their scandals even tho they haven't had any sort of cb for how long already? 3 years? More? If anything whole SK will be very much curious about how their next cb will sound and look like after all that shjt. Wouldn't be even surprised if their next cb will do much better than last one lol And about legacy, if Seungri's fans hasn't left him after all of that then what to tell about whole group fans and their casual fans or casual listeners and gp, pretty sure they all still go back to bigbang music and enjoy it and think about them as the greatest anyway.

• Seungri was never a big part of BB music-wise. They never had the squeaky clean image kpop promotes but Seungri went too far. Seungri's action has definitely made a small dent, but I am sure their new releases will do well.

I have to share that his duet with IU on "I Know" was a really "bright spot" in terms of solo songs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!