Boys over flowers is NOT a good K-drama

• I watched boys over flowers when quarantine started, and let me tell you, this is hot garbage. Not only does this feed into girl-who-has-no-back-bone-being-saved-by-abusive-hot-man trope, it's just BAD. Goon Joon pyo is a abusive idiot who doesn't know boundaries and Geum Jandi needs to learn to kick some ass. The other dude, Yoon Ji-hoo was WAY better than the male lead Joon Pyo, and I'm tired of seeing people defend this drama because young girls watch this and call it HOT! This man poured flour over Jandi and humiliated her! but all is forgiven because he saves her and grows? also, when she wasn't even dating him he got jealous and beat up her guy friend (who was a villain but Joon pyo was very over protective and jealous over someone he wasn't even WITH.) I stopped watching because I got tired of his bull, the Chinese remake is EVEN worse...! It's called meteor garden and the male lead is just as evil and abusive. I hate this trope and K-drama need to stop feeding into it.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• when i started watching kdramas in 2018 i asked for recommendations and EVERYONE recommended me to start with boys over flowers because it's a classic. after reading more reviews i learned that the show is toxic af and i won't be wasting time with it in 2018.

sadly, i did finish secret garden, i was waiting for the show to get better because it was praised so much, but it never happened. ML is toxic as fuck, he mentally abuses FL but it's portrayed as romantic. dear lord, i hate the show, it's the worst one i ever watched.

Boys over Flowers and The Heirs are terrible dramas. I also didnt like Coffee Prince.

i didn't watch the heirs either for the same reason as BOF but i liked coffee prince and i think it aged well. that's the only gender bender show that i watched where ml had no idea she was a man until the reveal. he loved "him" so much that was willing to leave everything for "him" and go to the us because south korea is a conservative country and they couldn't live in peace. i liked it.

• also, when she wasn't even dating him he got jealous and beat up her guy friend (who was a villain but Joon pyo was very over protective and jealous over someone he wasn't even WITH.) I stopped watching because I got tired of his bull, the Chinese remake is EVEN worse...! It's called meteor garden and the male lead is just as evil and abusive. I hate this trope and K-drama need to stop feeding into it.

kdramas need to stop with jealousy as proof that you love your partner, that's not normal. i had to drop My roommate is a gumiho because when they got together ML become overly possessive over FL, telling her that he's the only man she should look at and touch. :pepefacepalm: in 2021!

i didn't know Meteor garden was a remake of BOF, if i knew i wouldn't have tried it lol. i wanted to watch it but HORRIBLE dubbing turned me off. it's the worst dubbing i have ever heard, they didn't even try.

• when i started watching kdramas in 2018 i asked for recommendations and EVERYONE recommended me to start with boys over flowers because it's a classic. after reading more reviews i learned that the show is toxic af and i won't be wasting time with it in 2018.

sadly, i did finish secret garden, i was waiting for the show to get better because it was praised so much, but it never happened. ML is toxic as fuck, he mentally abuses FL but it's portrayed as romantic. dear lord, i hate the show, it's the worst one i ever watched.

i didn't watch the heirs either for the same reason as BOF but i liked coffee prince and i think it aged well. that's the only gender bender show that i watched where ml had no idea she was a man until the reveal. he loved "him" so much that was willing to leave everything for "him" and go to the us because south korea is a conservative country and they couldn't live in peace. i liked it.

most old kdramas didn't age well. They usually include toxic male leads also the female leads are frustrating always behaving like a dummy with no thoughts of their own.

• i'm fascinated that you were able to finish any episode of meteor garden! 8| how were you able to ignore the most horrible dubbing ever? :pepenomad:

i stayed for the second male lead... he was so much better and also VERY fine

it was one of the series where i had to watch on 1.5X speed cause it was THAT bad

• the manga it was based on "Hana Yori Dango" is VEEERY good tho! way better than the adaptation

idk the drama was enjoyable to me maybe because I do like the manga (and Lee Minho) I don't see nothing wrong with it ~i see it more as a matter of taste~ i also like the MC a lot she was a little naive but she was young so that's about it? hmm ~

hmm meh i think all of those things are very taste oriented? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I watched boys over flowers when quarantine started, and let me tell you, this is hot garbage. Not only does this feed into girl-who-has-no-back-bone-being-saved-by-abusive-hot-man trope, it's just BAD. Goon Joon pyo is a abusive idiot who doesn't know boundaries and Geum Jandi needs to learn to kick some ass. The other dude, Yoon Ji-hoo was WAY better than the male lead Joon Pyo, and I'm tired of seeing people defend this drama because young girls watch this and call it HOT! This man poured flour over Jandi and humiliated her! but all is forgiven because he saves her and grows? also, when she wasn't even dating him he got jealous and beat up her guy friend (who was a villain but Joon pyo was very over protective and jealous over someone he wasn't even WITH.) I stopped watching because I got tired of his bull, the Chinese remake is EVEN worse...! It's called meteor garden and the male lead is just as evil and abusive. I hate this trope and K-drama need to stop feeding into it.

GIRL IT WAS GOOD IN ITS TIME, who watches old dramas and still thinks omg amazing, geeez it was good when u r 11 years old or some shit. It was Iconic

• the manga it was based on "Hana Yori Dango" is VEEERY good tho! way better than the adaptation

idk the drama was enjoyable to me maybe because I do like the manga (and Lee Minho) I don't see nothing wrong with it ~i see it more as a matter of taste~ i also like the MC a lot she was a little naive but she was young so that's about it? hmm ~

hmm meh i think all of those things are very taste oriented? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hana yori dango is pretty much the same tho

the characters dont change too much in the adaptions because they dont have that much substance

fl: reckless poor girl, first to stand up to ml, falls in love with bully

ml: bully, rich af, anger issues, bullies fl till he falls in love

2nd ml: doesnt like fl till ml likes fl, bullies least

thats it. you could have any high school story with these plot points and it would be the same crap as hana yori dango

we have to start admitting that it was a good manga (61 millions copies sold lol) and a good drama for the time, but the only reason anyone recommends it now is either stolkhome syndrome or because lee min ho is hot. there is no other reason to recommend it in 2021

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• wow there buddy stolkhome sybdrome? this is just fiction let people enjoy what they enjoy XD what was that even?? its... a manga lol i enjoy tons of horror mangas DAMN what that makes ?(?(?( lol

i like the manga it sell a lot not every single piece of media needs to be uwu so wholesome (thnk GOD) sometimes we can have problematic, wholesome, shitty, nonsense pice of media and enjoy them seperately? its not that deep, i much prefer the manga i would still recommend to any shoujo fans and for the dorama well if its a fan of Minho I would still recommend it guess i am the sydromes ^^

fiction =/= real life

sometimes i think when we keep diggin nonsense stuff on fiction things lost fun 100% :sleeping:

• wow there buddy stolkhome sybdrome? this is just fiction let people enjoy what they enjoy XD what was that even?? its... a manga lol i enjoy tons of horror mangas DAMN what that makes ?(?(?( lol

i like the manga it sell a lot not every single piece of media needs to be uwu so wholesome (thnk GOD) sometimes we can have problematic, wholesome, shitty, nonsense pice of media and enjoy them seperately? its not that deep, i much prefer the manga i would still recommend to any shoujo fans and for the dorama well if its a fan of Minho I would still recommend it guess i am the sydromes ^^

fiction =/= real life

sometimes i think when we keep diggin nonsense stuff on fiction things lost fun 100% :sleeping:

sounds like you have that stolkholm syndrome, i had it too

try rewatching the drama without:

a. ogling lee min ho

b. thinking of the last time you watched it

or even better, watch a version where the leads are least attractive to you

chances are you will not be able to get through the whole drama.

i read the manga at 12-13 and i gushed over the characters but once i got older and watched the dramas i realized what i shit plot it has. it's really very outdated and awkward to read considering how the ml treats the fl

• OMG i literally said i read the manga xD i dont mind the hot guys or not i am old enough to tell the difference between fiction and reality!! this is so condescending

i think its good its my opinion

its just a shoujo manga theres many other shoujo manga that i might not like and othe person might like it because we like things differently because we humans are ALL DIFFERENT

the only stockholm syndrome i see here is being trapped to this narrative

• OMG i literally said i read the manga xD i dont mind the hot guys or not i am old enough to tell the difference between fiction and reality!! this is so condescending

i think its good its my opinion

its just a shoujo manga theres many other shoujo manga that i might not like and othe person might like it because we like things differently because we humans are ALL DIFFERENT

the only stockholm syndrome i see here is being trapped to this narrative

eh you'll grow out of the story sooner or later

but then again, you might actually like the story lol

its just so weird to me that a grown adult might like the story but ok lol, ur right, some people have weird taste, or at least taste that's weird to me

• eh you'll grow out of the story sooner or later

but then again, you might actually like the story lol

its just so weird to me that a grown adult might like the story but ok lol, ur right, some people have weird taste, or at least taste that's weird to me

my taste is not weird, not even if I had 1000 years because thats my taste and theres no rules for that i am a free person and i don't need anyone telling me what to think

PERSONALLY i think whats more truly very weird is trying to dictate whats weird whats not whats right whats not -- like for real cmon this is fiction ~ yall are so over the top and say so many words that i wonder if the meaning is even being considerated at all? words have meanings you know before sayin oh you may have the ueueueusyndromes because u like a piece of fiction

i mean duh

• my taste is not weird, not even if I had 1000 years because thats my taste and theres no rules for that i am a free person and i don't need anyone telling me what to think

PERSONALLY i think whats more truly very weird is trying to dictate whats weird whats not whats right whats not -- like for real cmon this is fiction ~ yall are so over the top and say so many words that i wonder if the meaning is even being considerated at all? words have meanings you know before sayin oh you may have the ueueueusyndromes because u like a piece of fiction

i mean duh

well, just like you can have an opinion about what you like and what you dont, i can have an opinion about whats weird to me and whats not

i apologise for being condescending but stolkholm syndrome is literally just "emptions towards ones captor" as a joke where the drama is holding you "captive"? its really not that serious? theres nothing to tiptoe around the meaning of it because its a commonly used term?

but yeah, your taste is weird to me and thats my taste.

• I hate when there is a girl and two guys in a drama and trashy one always wins everything while the second guy, most of the time really good guy ending up in friendzone with nothing. I like few dramas, but most of them are lame, toxic and basically the same shit with different actors.

• More than "judging" a kdrama, i would judge society and its romance view, rights of women view, etc.

I don't like 70% of kdramas bc of this own reason: good for nothing girl and over jealous, rude, psycho boy = a shit couple.

But this still has in some kdramas of the last +2years and people still take it like the best romance ever.

Toxicity exists and it's present more on ourselves than in kdramas. Anyways, it's easier to remind us that fictions things should stay fictions...

And i hope we will stop this jealousy thing on dramas bc it's just craziness.

• well, just like you can have an opinion about what you like and what you dont, i can have an opinion about whats weird to me and whats not

i apologise for being condescending but stolkholm syndrome is literally just "emptions towards ones captor" as a joke where the drama is holding you "captive"? its really not that serious? theres nothing to tiptoe around the meaning of it because its a commonly used term?

but yeah, your taste is weird to me and thats my taste.

look honestly i think you have no idea what you are talking about they are on manga pages on tv scren they aint holdin me or any other fan hostage? so the stokholm syndrome thingy is all nonsense it feels like theres a necessity of separate fiction from reality this is very important while consuming any media like omg I like Harry Potter i am gonna grab a broom and try to fly... not really!

obviously everyone has their right to their own opinion and different tastes i literally said earlier that many people might like shoujo i do not like and many will not like shoujo i like???

what they do not have the right is to dictate and FORCE and came up with nonsense words towards people with different opinions and tastes bla bla, sometimes people just like fiction for no specific reason just make them feel distracted/happy/invested on story (either others like or not) things aint that deep its literally not that serious, i could play concern about how some people cant separate fiction from reality but i have gave up at those few already. what annoys me is playing to be on this high moral ground when its all fiction all taste no objective points at all just pointing fingers because someone like manga that didnt pass the ellen lovejoy check

200.gif

• More than "judging" a kdrama, i would judge society and its romance view, rights of women view, etc.

I don't like 70% of kdramas bc of this own reason: good for nothing girl and over jealous, rude, psycho boy = a shit couple.

But this still has in some kdramas of the last +2years and people still take it like the best romance ever.

Toxicity exists and it's present more on ourselves than in kdramas. Anyways, it's easier to remind us that fictions things should stay fictions...

And i hope we will stop this jealousy thing on dramas bc it's just craziness.

yeah its funny i never think so srsly about those doramas even recent ones like 2019 releases annoys me sometimes but i just think "maybe thats not for me" and move on to one that may resonates with me rather than try to shame others over fictional series lol

• yeah its funny i never think so srsly about those doramas even recent ones like 2019 releases annoys me sometimes but i just think "maybe thats not for me" and move on to one that may resonates with me rather than try to shame others over fictional series lol

Yep, i watch these doramas knowing damn well that I'm watching and being "entertained" by them bc they aren't happing in my real life neither nothing. Just watching and trying to relax.

If the drama isn't my cup of tea i won't do the psychologist work and do a whole analysis on what people may have for liking such "arts" kkkkkk

• look honestly i think you have no idea what you are talking about they are on manga pages on tv scren they aint holdin me or any other fan hostage? so the stokholm syndrome thingy is all nonsense it feels like theres a necessity of separate fiction from reality this is very important while consuming any media like omg I like Harry Potter i am gonna grab a broom and try to fly... not really!

obviously everyone has their right to their own opinion and different tastes i literally said earlier that many people might like shoujo i do not like and many will not like shoujo i like???

what they do not have the right is to dictate and FORCE and came up with nonsense words towards people with different opinions and tastes bla bla, sometimes people just like fiction for no specific reason just make them feel distracted/happy/invested on story (either others like or not) things aint that deep its literally not that serious, i could play concern about how some people cant separate fiction from reality but i have gave up at those few already. what annoys me is playing to be on this high moral ground when its all fiction all taste no objective points at all just pointing fingers because someone like manga that didnt pass the ellen lovejoy check

200.gif

like i said before, the stolkholm sydrome part was casual, more joke-like theres no way a drama/manga can actually hold you captive?

i dont have a problem with shoujo, i've read pretty much every shoujo manga out there, but lets not get into that.

no one is dictating or forcing anything

ive apologised for being condescending but theres really nothing else to say over here

im still going to find your taste weird, and youre still going to like a manga i have grown to hate.

and some of us have a moral standard that doesnt match your own, no need to be so condescending about that.

• Yep, i watch these doramas knowing damn well that I'm watching and being "entertained" by them bc they aren't happing in my real life neither nothing. Just watching and trying to relax.

If the drama isn't my cup of tea i won't do the psychologist work and do a whole analysis on what people may have for liking such "arts" kkkkkk

100%

i think soon we gonna have analysis on the way we move our eyes or something xDD

i am already know how problematic i am for the way i move my eyes /jk

things like series and dorama are literally just for watching and enjoying nothing else, rarely like i used to love the walking dead i am not on a zombie apocalypse

• 100%

i think soon we gonna have analysis on the way we move our eyes or something xDD

i am already know how problematic i am for the way i move my eyes /jk

things like series and dorama are literally just for watching and enjoying nothing else, rarely like i used to love the walking dead i am not on a zombie apocalypse

I hate horror movies. I'm super coward kkkkk

I tried to watch WD and giiirl.. i almost died of fear.... Better not watch it kkkkkk

• tiresome and not necessary 100%

all what i have to say to this at this moment is no one have a higher moral groung to judge, keep that in mind, everyone is happier minding their own fucking bussiness but hey thats my opinion lmao

have a nice day or wtv gurl

• I hate horror movies. I'm super coward kkkkk

I tried to watch WD and giiirl.. i almost died of fear.... Better not watch it kkkkkk

now now you see I might be a ghost because I LOVE ghost movies LMAO

TWD is pretty tame tho i find not .. scary but again i only find roaches scary so lol

but you aint missing anything TWD changed sm

• This thread contains 34 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!