Boy groups from YG do not make good music (recently)

• I have never been more less excited for YG debuting a new boy group because I know the music will be bad. Every boy group from YG makes the same music, it's not even good music at best, you'd think because of YG's hatred against women and allowing all their male idols to produce they'd make good music but nope it's all bad. If it's not the EDM it's the bad rapping... is YG really good at hip hop like people claim? not really in my eyes. The only boy group from YG that makes listenable music is big bang and there never coming back. I'm not an idiot, I know some of their boy groups have some good songs, but the bad out weight the good. Like with winner, they went from Hold and soso to this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Noticeably bad songs from YG boy groups:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good songs from YG boy groups:

Recent Bad songs:

External Content twitter.com

So hyunsuk can release this but BP can't produce until 5 years into their career and CL can't release music? oh okay. (I know this is a joke song...but the real music sounds like this too so what's the deal treasure? why is he singing to a stuffed animal...this is scary)

Notice how all the bad songs are coming out recently?

shuffled idol game | KProfiles Forum - KPop Forums

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I agree. Most of the sensible Hip-Hop/Rap leaning tracks are in Big Bang's catalog on the guy side of YGE. None of the other guy group's track hits on my radar..at least none I've come across so far.

If Big Bang added Hip-Hop/Rap flavored vibes (even they had sub-unit and solo Hip-Hop inspired songs that were shaky) more consistently to their catalog over the years, it would have made them even more iconic and outstanding. I think how YGE extracted Hip-Hop sensibilities from Big Bang and added them to 2NE1 and Blackpink's DNA worked incredibly well for these "si-star" groups.

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• When I thought for a second you were calling Sober and Loser bad songs I almost went into shock :-D

I kind of agree with you about where things are right now, but iKON obviously has the big problem of the loss of their main writing talent.

I didn't like Remember (especially the chorus) but it was just a "We're off to the army now, see you later" track, I don't think they put a lot of care into it.

It's like Blackpink though. When they're quiet for 6 (or 12 ;() months people get brave and say they're done. Then they come back and break records. Any YG group at their best (don't know about Treasure, not familiar with them) has very little competition.

• Tho I don't agree with some songs you've mentioned as bad (just Dive basically), I totally get what you're saying and I agree with it.

YG groups usually got all my attention years ago, but I've noticed recently that I barely listen to recent YG BGs songs anymore.

The last BG songs from YG I truly enjoyed was Winner's Hold and Treasure's My Treasure.

But I get that it's just that their current music doesn't fit what I usually listen to and many others will enjoy them.

• Less than 10M views for 100M mark, stream! :froghype:

External Content youtu.be

• Less than 10M views for 100M mark, stream! :froghype:

External Content youtu.be

You need to stream this HIT song instead!

• I am taking you seriously until I reached the last part.... :pepefacepalm:

STAN TRUZ Y'ALL! :yesr:

• I am taking you seriously until I reached the last part.... :pepefacepalm:

STAN TRUZ Y'ALL! :yesr:

Who is TRUZ? Is that the stuffed animal version of treasure!? GREAT more bad music! thanks teumes!

• You need to stream this HIT song instead!

Wow my ice

Looking nice

Roll the dice

Roll Roll Roll

:pepemusic:

• music is very subjective but I agree that some winner and iKON's recent songs are a bit underwhelming but treasure has some good songs tho

btw Jennie, Jisoo and Rose have been getting involved in writing, you are acting like if they will never be involved musically. Jennie even got credited as one of the producers for lovesick girls.

5 years into their career were they only allowed to help write lyrics, does that seem fair to you?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!