Is it only me or 280k paid tickets is already a good number?

• I expected The Show to get around 150-200K paid tickets.

Most of blinks are teenagers and they would watch it with a big group of friends by only 1 paid ticket.

And youtube is not allowed in China.

When the number is out as 280k, I think it is really good.

It is only second to BTS' numbers.

Why do people think this number is not good?

• Tommy_Plitten

Changed the title of the thread from “Is it only me or 280k attendance is already a good number?” to “Is it only me or 280k paid tickets is already a good number?”.
  • It’s not bad but it definitely underperformed. Not for me, but for the company. They promoted the SHIT out of it towards the end, so they were clearly expecting higher numbers. Blackpink just aren’t a fanbase driven group, hence the illegal livestream views being insane. It is what it is.

• It’s not bad but it definitely underperformed. Not for me, but for the company. They promoted the SHIT out of it towards the end, so they were clearly expecting higher numbers. Blackpink just aren’t a fanbase driven group, hence the illegal livestream views being insane. It is what it is.

You cant say it under performed company expectations based on nothing.. even if they spend $2m they still would make like 8 million profit.. P

It didnt under perform and it beat other fandom driven groups like NCT? Twice?

Did YGE released some article before the show and said how many viewers they were expecting or is it just your imagination thinking that a $10M show was a super sad thing to the company?

If bp underperformed with that number then nct and other groups who got even less lowkey flopped. I don't see where's the insane and expensive promotion yg pulled off other than tweets and a couple youtube vids

• You cant say it under performed company expectations based on nothing.. even if they spend $2m they still would make like 8 million profit.. P

It didnt under perform and it beat other fandom driven groups like NCT? Twice?

Since when has TWICE and NCT been the ones YG has been trying to get blackpink to beat? It’s 2021 not 2016. Underperforming =\= didn’t make a profit. Underperforming simply means expectations were not met. They wouldn’t have done such a heavy promo run, more than any online concert ever if expectations were being met. Simple as. Also if YG’s expectations were met they would’ve announced the numbers already, but they didn’t for a reason. I’m not dissing blackpink. I’m just stating my opinion based on what I see. Relax.

• it's amazing numbers and this was just their first online concert . If they have another online concert I'm sure it'll get even more views next time.

• Since when has TWICE and NCT been the ones YG has been trying to get blackpink to beat? It’s 2021 not 2016. Underperforming =\= didn’t make a profit. Underperforming simply means expectations were not met. They wouldn’t have done such a heavy promo run, more than any online concert ever if expectations were being met. Simple as. Also if YG’s expectations were met they would’ve announced the numbers already, but they didn’t for a reason. I’m not dissing blackpink. I’m just stating my opinion based on what I see. Relax.

what massive promo? they had some teasers just like other groups do

• If bp underperformed with that number then nct and other groups who got even less lowkey flopped. I don't see where's the insane and expensive promotion yg pulled off other than tweets and a couple youtube vids

Are NCT on the same level as blackpink???...You see who their name is constantly next to and it’s not NCT, TWICE, EXO or whatever group y’all are gonna bring up next, so please don’t try to lower the value of your own faves. Y’all can act obtuse if you want to, but there’s a reason it’s radio silence from YG right now, all companies with impressive numbers immediately released them So maybe there is a real delay, it’s YG after all, but it could also be the same reason no one to this day knows how many people bought bighit New Year’s Eve tickets ^^ lmaooo also there was heavy promotion on every single social media platform and they even did a james Corden preview of the concert and interview. Enough

• Are NCT on the same level as blackpink???...You see who their name is constantly next to and it’s not NCT, TWICE, EXO or whatever group y’all are gonna bring up next, so please don’t try to lower the value of your own faves. Y’all can act obtuse if you want to, but there’s a reason it’s radio silence from YG right now, all companies with impressive numbers immediately released them So maybe there is a real delay, it’s YG after all, but it could also be the same reason no one to this day knows how many people bought bighit New Year’s Eve tickets ^^ lmaooo also there was heavy promotion on every single social media platform and they even did a james Corden preview of the concert and interview. Enough

But no one is on Black Pink's level ! So it was basically impossible to know how high the numbers would be.

Filling five stadiums in one night for an online concert is pretty insane in my opinion.

If people expected 1-2M and got disappointed... well, that's how it is, but our focus should be 'okay, we got this great base of 280K people who bought a ticket, now we need to increase the numbers for next time. What can we do ? What YG can do ? What the Pinks can do ?'

What matters is the growth, not the peak.

• Are NCT on the same level as blackpink???...You see who their name is constantly next to and it’s not NCT, TWICE, EXO or whatever group y’all are gonna bring up next, so please don’t try to lower the value of your own faves. Y’all can act obtuse if you want to, but there’s a reason it’s radio silence from YG right now, all companies with impressive numbers immediately released them So maybe there is a real delay, it’s YG after all, but it could also be the same reason no one to this day knows how many people bought bighit New Year’s Eve tickets ^^ lmaooo also there was heavy promotion on every single social media platform and they even did a james Corden preview of the concert and interview. Enough

:shrug: nct are still comparable to bp when it comes to fandom considering their album sales, so the fact they sold more tickets is not bad at all. And lol at thinking the performance on james corden would have a sustancial effect, fans were already aware of the concert and posting stuff on social media is just the norm, love the mental gymnastics you are making to make people think they underperformed.

Beating bts' numbers were never an option, if that's what your are basing your argument from. I actually predicted 300k on this forum, which was a similar number to some other people using their brains

• How did your army friends find the show :?: Converted :?: lol

:!: :!: :!:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• It's alright, nothing too amazing for their potential

I hope it's a wake up call to blinks who were gleefully sharing the illegal streams and bashing others who tried to prevent it.

• How did your army friends find the show :?: Converted :?: lol

They did vibe to it !

I think one of them didn't want to admit she was loving it, but she said she would check out more of Black Pink, because she didn't know their older songs, and she liked them more than the new ones ( I know, she has no taste, but baby steps )

My other friend was a lot more into it, I think she especially loved Rosé's solo :omgr:

• 280k seems pretty good to me?

But how does it compare to other girl groups?

Anyone know the numbers of twice and g-idle online concerts?

(G)-idle did 11k, Twice did 100k.

Concert tickets are the same as album sales, they’re completely fandom dependent. BP actually did better than NCT who sells more than they do and have a bigger fandom, so I think it’s a good number for them

It’s not amazing or anything, but expected tbh with the amount of blinks illegally streaming or forming streaming parties on my TL last night

• They did vibe to it !

I think one of them didn't want to admit she was loving it, but she said she would check out more of Black Pink, because she didn't know their older songs, and she liked them more than the new ones ( I know, she has no taste, but baby steps )

My other friend was a lot more into it, I think she especially loved Rosé's solo :omgr:

Good start armyblink lol

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• (G)-idle did 11k, Twice did 100k.

Concert tickets are the same as album sales, they’re completely fandom dependent. BP actually did better than NCT who sells more than they do and have a bigger fandom, so I think it’s a good number for them

It’s not amazing or anything, but expected tbh with the amount of blinks illegally streaming or forming streaming parties on my TL last night

So G-idle only did 11k and twice did 100K?

Well in that case 280k seems to be about right.

Like you said... it's not amazing but expected

• Has YG or YouTube announced the numbers?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BLACKPINK | BIGBANG | GIRLS' GENERATION

it didnt underperform tho but you do you :pepe-toast:

• Since when has TWICE and NCT been the ones YG has been trying to get blackpink to beat? It’s 2021 not 2016. Underperforming =\= didn’t make a profit. Underperforming simply means expectations were not met. They wouldn’t have done such a heavy promo run, more than any online concert ever if expectations were being met. Simple as. Also if YG’s expectations were met they would’ve announced the numbers already, but they didn’t for a reason. I’m not dissing blackpink. I’m just stating my opinion based on what I see. Relax.

You dont their expectations so dont spout nonsense.

• Why are people comparing it to Twice and NCT? Both of those were on Beyond Live, a platform with less than 5% the install base of YouTube and not available in as many regions.

• Considering the pandemic and the change of date, I think it's a really good number.

It's just that some fans and non fans alike had higher expectations because it was on Youtube which is perhaps BP's strongest point and because the group got bigger this year.

But it was good nonetheless.

• Considering the pandemic and the change of date, I think it's a really good number.

It's just that some fans and non fans alike had higher expectations because it was on Youtube which is perhaps BP's strongest point and because the group got bigger this year.

But it was good nonetheless.

y’all realize that this is only for paid users?

As for the group got bigger this year only one who had higher numbers was bts

• 280,000 paid tickets are unofficial numbers. YG and YouTube havent confirmed the real numbers. Even if the Show has sold 280,000 tickets, it is a good numbers and they still get a lot of profit from it. What makes yall think that 280,000 is a bad number?

The fact that its on YouTube is a disadvantage because YouTube is blocked in China, while A LOT of Blinks come from China.

Blackpink is not a fandom-driven group. Blinks are large but not every blinks have the money to buy the memberships. Since beginning, Blackpink was never a fandom-driven group with strong purchase power. In conclusion, 280,000 is a good numbers, the best among girl groups with huge gap.

Just wait for the real numbers please, it could be less or more. 😁

• This thread contains 128 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!