TXT is about to paving the way for another concept in KPOP

• "PUNK-EMO CONCEPT"

i believe no one ever pulled this concept before tho ?

and its a good thing that now we have another new concept for KPOP, making it more diverse and "less repetitive".

I'm glad TXT got into these vibes. Teenage angst suits them well. I particularly liked the western punk rocky feel from the 2000s and 2010s! I loved that the MV was shot outside; I don't see it very frequently with younger bands, but I'm accustomed to it with my favourites, so I enjoy seeing it. It instantly makes it feel freer and more open, which is great for the song's atmosphere. When they were dancing on the moving platform outdoors, it appeared to be a little artificial, but that's ok.

Most KPop artists are releasing either 1. Noise Pop 2. Girl Crush or 3. 70s disco when the broad trend in music (especially amongst younger/gen z artists) now seems to be pointing towards more of a 90s to early 00's style of music, including more guitar/pop punk elements, grungy rapping, surf pop, glitchy hyperpop, dreampop and an overall "highteen" aesthetic mixed with r&b and rap. TXT is the first one to take the risk and seems like its a success move for them

• I'll give you that they're different from their peers are the moment, but it's not a foreign sound to kpop as a whole. K-bands aren't super popular, but they exist.

The overall concept has definitely been done before. Crooked and Don't Don are the first that come to mind.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, Kpop artists aren’t releasing noise pop. That’s a completely different genre. Nothing in Kpop sounds like the Pixies or Sonic Youth or Sleigh Bells.

I’m not an expert on Kpop history, but even in my knowledge, I’ve seen Vixx do this same kind of stuff.

This is 7 years ago

External Content youtu.be

Here’s B.A.P. doing it 4 years ago

Dreamcatcher is doing it right now.

It’s okay to say you like what your fave is doing and you think they are doing it well without them being the first to do it.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Whilst they rock (pun not intended) the genre, it’s been done before; albeit not to the level in which TXT have repeatedly perfected it.

First example that pops into mind would be G-Dragon’s Crooked.

• Small time to promote a J-ROCK song that fellow MOAs might like!

External Content m.youtube.com

• Im seriously in love with this concept

idk if punk is the right term for it

but i love the guitar and drums in it

and this song gives me like 2000's American music vibes (if you have heard American songs from 2000-2015 then you know what i mean)

this really suits TXT! <3

what do you think of this new concept crazydoll86

did you like it? i didnt hear ur thoughts on it lol

and im also proud of HYBE holding off the autotune lmao

its more of like a soft pop rock (if i had to give it a name)

#PromotionAtItsFinest

• They’re doing pop rock similar to a lot of jrock. It’s not punk or emo.

But that’s still a welcome difference to the more EDM pop or hip hop-pop sound that’s been dominating kpop.

Ive never heard any Jrock before

but

i love how different this is

i think 2021 is the Freestyle year of Kpop

Twice with like Tropical Vibes

Loona WIth the Bollywood trend

Aespa with moremodern tones into the music (and experimentalthat i really like, thanks sm .-. )

Dreamcatcher with their scary concept lol

RedVelvet with Refreshing summer vibes

BTS with very motivational music

that seems to be the trend this year lol :pepemusic:

which im fine with

it feels like the world is bored

so its the perfect time for Kpop to get crafty with thier song of choice lol :pepe-toilet:

• The important thing is: TXT is bringing something fresh to the scene, regardless of whether the sound was made by old groups, most of the k-pop followers now have not listened to those groups mentioned above. But TXT seems to have improved the rock sound not to be a band but improved it by being an idol group with several singing members. If someone says who are the next after BB without a doubt it is TXT because they knew how to capture the scene of a boy in love and destroyed. About jrock bands they are the best and for me it beats kpop. I want TXT to do this concept.

Haven’t listen them for years but I used to love them.

:pepelove1:

• Haven’t listen them for years but I used to love them.

:pepelove1:

I discovered them a month ago and I’m obsessed.

Plus, I would literally be like six years old if I heard the song when it was first released lmao.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!