I don't like when companies add members from past groups into their new groups.

• that's not even their comeback, just a project song

they will probably come back in september :pepe-excited:

:pepenomad:

🕸️trick or treat🕸️

straykidstostaykids Tumblr blog with posts - Tumbral.comtumblr_ofic4fq86K1tju2q8o2_400.gif | Nayeon, Nayeon twice, TwiceHongbin's tweet: Good Morning~! Stockholm is still dark. Happy Halloween  day! This is Kong pumkin..ㅋ // 스톡홀룸은 아직 캄캄하다. 해피 할로윈데이! 콩호박… | Vixx, Vixx  hongbin, Myungsoo

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

• It seems like just a izone re launch. I think all members will be ex members of izone and some participants of the produce show. So it's not really a brand new hybe group just a new produce group lol.

ღ(¯`◕‿◕´¯) ♫ ♪ ♫ ʀօֆɛ ♫ ♪ ♫ (¯`◕‿◕´¯)ღ

7f9eee2656e838706ac90eac4079b6769f3c89b3.gifv fae84f51726793451a4df2eef61fd17a5162886c.gifv daafb8895819753cec2500fb0703ef2c89a49e7b.gifv

• Omega X is full of 11 members taken from different disbanded groups/group on hiatus. they all were given a 2nd chance and are doing exceptionally well. The other group that debuted at the same time is Just B. Just b has 5 members 2 from i-land, 1 from 1the9 who was placed first and the center of the group, 1 who was a soloist, and another also part of 1the9 but didn't make it. their member sangwoo is the only one who didn't do something prior and they are KILLING IT out there.

so yes it can work, old and new working together. don't be such a downer.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bain, Lim Jimin and DY are former members of PlayM BOYS.

Lim Jimin was also a soloist.

Bain and DY are former contestants on Under Nineteen.

Bain was eliminated in the final episode while DY finished first place,

thus becoming a member and the center of the project group 1THE9.

Geonu and JM are former contestants on I-LAND.

External Content open.spotify.com

Ciipher too

Tan was a contestant on NO.MERCY

Hyunbin was a contestant on Produce X 101

Dohwan and Keita were contestants on YG Treasure Box

Won was a contestant on Under Nineteen and member of 1the9

Hwi and Tag, nothing prior. And they are producing their own shit and writing their own songs, Rain had very little to do with their debut album.

Can't forget mirae

Khael, Park Si Young, and pre-debut member Song Jae Won were contestants on Under Nineteen.

Lee Jun Hyuk and Son Dong Pyo were contestants on Produce X 101.

Son Dong Pyo ranked 6th, and became a member of the winner boy group X1 until their disbandment.

Lien, Douhyun, and Yubin, nothing prior and they are doing well, already having a comeback

I think i've given enough examples of it can and DOES work, it doesn't matter if they had prior fans, because as a prior fan of 1the9 i became a fan of everyone. as a huge fan also of enoi and seven o'clock i fell for like 9/11 omega x members. so yeah...proof that it doesn't matter.

• I know many groups who added people that were in others before and it works very well for them

Example:

• AB6IX -> Woojin & Daehwi were in WANNA ONE before
    • CIX -> Jinyoung was in WANNA ONE before
    • WEi -> isn't literally like everyone from another group in this group ?
    • JBJ95 -> Sanggyun was in Topdogg before he and Kenta had joined JBJ before making JBJ95
    • Literally everyone of I.O.I re-debuted after they disbanded and it works fine for them
    • SUPERM is only made of people who allready debuted before
    • WINNER -> Mino was in another group before
    • KARD -> Somin used to be member of April
    • Hyuna used to be member of WONDER GIRLS before she joined 4MINUTE

.... just to name a few

So why should Big Hit's new group become a fail than? I don't really get it ...

I also see the same in Japan. Many groups have member who debuted before in other groups and its no failure for them. As example after the KPop group HALO disbanded 3 member joined the JPop-group Orbit. Also a bunch other people as like a few participants of Produce 101 Japan were also in different groups before joining their curent groups as like for example Kosuke was in WhiteA before joining OWV and Ruki was in YsR before joining JO1.

• I don't really mind it. I like seeing how different combinations of group members turn out in terms of music first and then dance, stage presence, and interactions second.

• I'm personally very excited for this because I want more girls from competition shows to stay relevant and have long careers. Too many people girls and boys end up with little to nothing afterwards once the group disbands. It about time they start utilizing people we already have instead of introducing 100s more fresh faces only for 90% of those to also fall into obscurity.

• Jewelry basically survived doing just that.....

Debuting in 2001, they finally disbanded in 2015

In that space of time they had 14 members which through out the years made up their 4 member team groups.

After School also had a similar type of system.

The replacement system steems from Japanese Idol Group System, I predict that it could eventually be used in Kpop since Korean Idol's System is a copy and paste of what Japan were doing a few decades earlier.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if MNet start to use this System for their Audition Series

• I don't have a problem when this trainee were in the agency who debut the group

But when you need to go to scout trainee from other agency just to debut a group

It just look lazy ,like you're not prepare to debut a group but you want to debut this group quickly so you go scout trainee in other agency just so you don't have to waste time training them yourself

To debut your group in the rush

• Isnt that literally the purpose of produce groups like IZ*ONE and IOI?

:whatr::whatr::whatr:

Right? I mean the purpose was to give them a good run, then use their popularity for their new groups.

Literally that's the entire purpose of produce. And they made 4 seasons out of it

• Personally I have no problem with members of disbanded groups joining new ones. Especially those from survival shows - that's the purpose of them. The problem is when those already experienced and well known idols are put into a group with new idols. It would create unbalance, the group dynamics would be bad, it's just weird

• I don't have a problem when this trainee were in the agency who debut the group

Like in this case that I heard of some time ago: that some K-pop idol was promoting as a member of both F-ve Dolls and The SeeYa (both MBK/CCM groups) at the same time (same company, same idol, different groups) - and guess what? I did some research, and that idol turned out to be Yeonkyung :siptear: ...

(Speaking of F-ve Dolls, did you know that Huh Chanmi - one of its ex-members - was originally set to debut in SNSD before she was cut from the group's final lineup pre-debut, and that she was also supposed to redebut in 2017 as part of a group called HIGHCOLOR before the debut plans fell through? At least she's all by herself now, proven by this MV of her latest solo stuff...)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!