Should vaccine mandates be legal if it hurts black people?

• Should vaccine mandates be legal if it hurts black people? 8

1. Yes, health comes before anything (6) 75%
    2. No, laws that hurt minorities shouldn’t be allowed (2) 25%

New York City has gone all in with vaccine restrictions. Basically people who don’t have the vaccine can’t do a single thing except stay home or go outside just to get the vaccine.

The majority who will suffer from these restrictions are black people. The government knows this so they seem to be doing it on purpose. Should this be legal or not? On one side it should be no problem getting the vaccine, it’s fucking free. So why not just take the vaccine so this can be all over with.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They're not doing it on purpose because guess what, tons of white people aren't taking the vaccine either.

This is specifically New York City where most whites got the vaccine (they were literally like the first) but a large percentage of minorities didn’t. The mayor obviously knows this, so he’s aware the restrictions will impact POC people the most.

• im black and I'm fully vacinated and I'm still alive. y'all pls go get the vaccine, people out here look like bafoons trying to spread their anti vax nonsense and somehow bring the argument of racism into it, nah the vaccine aint hurting nobody! get that damn needle! I agree, it should be mandatory, your putting elders and little kids at risk cuz you don't want to get a little jab, you look like a fool. its not hurting black people at all, why is it always black people being targeted like were poor or we can't walk two steps out of our house and get a needle in our arm!? how does that make sense? its FREE. FREE. no money or nothing!!!

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• This is specifically New York City where most whites got the vaccine (they were literally like the first) but a large percentage of minorities didn’t. The mayor obviously knows this, so he’s aware the restrictions will impact POC people the most.

But the government can't put lives at risk because people prefer to believe in sensationalized media coverage.

I do believe they need to spread awareness about how the vaccine is effective and not some type of experiment to hurt POC.

• But the government can't put lives at risk because people prefer to believe in sensationalized media coverage.

I do believe they need to spread awareness about how the vaccine is effective and not some type of experiment to hurt POC.

a better strategy would have been to offer low income minorities a financial incentive to get the vaccine. Not make new new rules that takes away from privileges from their already unprivileged lives

• The vaccine is free. Anyone can get it. So therefore anyone, regardless of the color of their skin, that did not get it should face the consequences of not getting it.

There's been plenty of time to get the vaccine. And plenty of time to prove that it is safe. So not getting it by now is a choice. If they still chose not to get it, then they need to abide by the restrictions of not getting it.

This is not targeting any specific groups of people.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• If you can get/offered the vaccine but refuse without a good medical reason then you're simply a moron. Black moron, white moron, Arab moron whatever. Race is not involved when you refuse a vaccine to a disease that targets everyone regardless of race, sex or age. You deserve any rules that exclude you from freely mingling because you're a literal danger to others.

The only people that should be having trouble are the sickly who cant have a vaccine, the people in poor countries or if you aren't eligible yet.

• This would be systemic racism if they are restricting vaccines to black communities at the same time as these types of movement restrictions. Are black communities in NY full blown eating antivaxx propaganda or can't properly get the vaccine? I'd be more concerned of why 60% of black community aren't vaccinated at this point (assuming this number is for the legible for vaccine population only).

Having vaccine for free should be more than enough incentives, but because people are so fucking stupid that they go against their own self-interest, we need both incentives and restrictions. People in power know restrictions are unpopular, but it has to be done because the damage of not doing it is higher than political backlash.

Unless one has some condition that makes vaccine very risky which should be a very small percentage of overall population, it is just irrational stubbornness to not get one. I have no sympathy for the loss of supposed "freedoms" for this lot.

I'd not want to go to a place that a highly probable unvaccinated spreader would be allowed to go. These people are the ones restricting freedom from businesses and people who took the rational choice while undermining a very costly vaccination campaign to end this terrible crisis. There are some limits for allowing people to be complete asshats anti-science and antivaxxers at expense of others who took rational choice.

People using this to some political bullshit ignoring the real issue at hand seem more problematic. So much useless noise that undermine even real racism issues as well.

• I do agree that everyone should get the vaccines. It’s the only way to get all to normal life. Even minorities who refuse should understand that.

Nevertheless, there is a understandable reason why a lot of minorities don’t trust the government when it comes to healthcare and medicine.

Minorities have been abused for medical experiments since centuries and some questionable practices are still done till this day.

So it’s understandable that they are hesitant and there needs to be a different approach in convincing them. People calling them names should understand that some trauma and distrust towards the government is a deep rooted historical problem.

I got my vaccination too… I don’t believe in those conspiracy theories. But this has to be addressed too. But not in the way OP did it. And not with his/her agenda!

Aba and Preach nailed it in this video.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is specifically New York City where most whites got the vaccine (they were literally like the first) but a large percentage of minorities didn’t. The mayor obviously knows this, so he’s aware the restrictions will impact POC people the most.

I mean thats because they didnt get it? Not because they wasnt asked.

• Huh? How about others? Why single out black ppl just because they're in the 'majority who will suffer'?

The law sees no colour, I reckon.

People have been protesting for an entire summer last year because they care about black lives. It's important to a lot of people around the world.

So who's going to be enforcing the vaccine mandates? The police.

• On principle Body Rights is being violated by these mandates.

It is discouraging how many are Okay with authoritarian methods for public compliance.

Natural Immunity is notably absent in the "Science" of Covid. Vaccination mandates do not take in to account of those who developed natural immunity.

Public good vs Individual Rights must have solid reasoning to infringe on the Rights. SF and NY mandates are flawed.

Personal gripe is authorities by default mistrust citizens and criminalize noncompliance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!