[SPOILERS] The Suicide Squad: Do you agree that they should've kept the first team rather than the second?

• Which team do you prefer? 8

1. 1st Team (1) 13%
    2. 2nd Team (4) 50%
    3. A combination of different characters between the two (3) 38%

Disclaimer: I did enjoy the movie and feel like it's one of DC's bests

I feel like the 1st team they showed was a lot more interesting than the actual team, even if they died almost immediately and were essentially a joke. In their short time, Weasel, Savant, Boomerang, TDK, and Blackguard were way more funny and/or interesting than the majority of the main cast. I think they leaned more into the ridiculousness that the movie required while a lot of the main characters were either too serious or just lacked enough character to match what the movie needed. Ratcatcher and Polka-Dot Man in particular were disappointing as they had such strange powers but their personalities fell flat for me and weren't half of interesting/strange as they could've been. Bloodsport also would've worked better as the straight man if so many characters weren't already so "normal". And as much as I like King Shark, Weasel would've been the superior weird animal member and more unique in comparison to what essentially feels like aggressive Groot.

I also think some the characters and their dynamics just felt like combinations of already established Marvel characters and weren't exactly original. A lot of the movie felt like if you combined Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool. I think they did this to play it safe after what a failure the first movie was because they were essentially recreating a formula and characters that are known to do well.

Ultimately I find the characters they should've dropped and replaced with characters from the 1st team: Ratcatcher, Peacemaker, Polka-Dot Man, Flag (another straight man (and frankly bland) character in which should be a very strange movie). And once again, despite liking King Shark he should've been replaced with Weasel as I think that would've been more interesting and not feel so much like rehash of Groot

I think I would like to see Savant take Peacemaker's role as an antagonist to the Bloodsport but maybe I'm biased because I love Rooker playing the antagonist. The 1st team also had a better comedy dynamic and I feel like they played off eachother's/movie's humor better which would benefit a comedic movie like this one. It almost feels disappointing to meet a cast I like so much and then replace them with one that for the most part I don't care for

In a lot of ways it felt like another Harley Quinn (who I love and I believe carried a lot of the movie) and crew movie as a lot of the cast wouldn't stand on their own and were ultimately not that interesting. Which is a shame because I think Ratcatcher and Polka-Dot Man could've been super fun and if they were written better, I think would make my "revised cast."

Overall though, I did enjoy the movie and would watch it again. I just think they could've made it way better :wellr:

• I loved The Suicide Squad. James Gunn did a good job handling the movie compared to Ayer. Like have y’all read the leaked script for Ayer’s Suicide Squad!?! It’s terrible! And people want to campaign for his version lol.

But I loved the 2nd team. They had more progression and James showed off each character really well. Rat Catcher, King Shark and Polkadot Man became my favourite characters and were the better teammates then the first squad.

In Suicide Squad Katana was under-utilized compared to most of the characters in the new reboot we saw each character have their shine. Yah know lol?

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited once, last by Park_Oppa ().

• this movie was super cool

I mean I've seriously had fun, just wish there would be a proper villain

because this felt bit like when Legends of Tomorrow crew were against Beebo xD

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I loved The Suicide Squad. James Gunn did a good job handling the movie compared to Ayer. Like have y’all read the leaked script for Ayer’s Suicide Squad!?! It’s terrible! And people want to campaign for his version lol.

But I loved the 2nd team. They had more progression and James showed off each character really well. Rat Catcher, King Shark and Polkadot Man became my favourite characters and were the better teammates then the first squad.

In Suicide Squad Katana was under-utilized compared to most of the characters in the new reboot we saw each character have their shine. Yah know lol?

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the 1st team they showed in the 2nd movie, the people at the beginning of the movie that they killed off. I think we can all pretty much agree the first movie is ass lmao

• haven't watched the second one but didn't the first one flop and thus they had to go with a different squad

Yeah, I'm not talking about the first one. I absolutely hate it too lmao

Slight spoilers but it happens right away anyways. At the beginning of the movie they show you a team that they set up as the main characters before killing all of them off and revealing the real team. That's the team I'm talking about in this post, not the team from the 1st movie

• Yeah, I'm not talking about the first one. I absolutely hate it too lmao

Slight spoilers but it happens right away anyways. At the beginning of the movie they show you a team that they set up as the main characters before killing all of them off and revealing the real team. That's the team I'm talking about in this post, not the team from the 1st movie

it's all good ahh sorry I thought you were comparing the 1st team as in from the first movie...my bad...

well in that I'll leave the rest of the discussion since I haven't seen the movie yet

• I liked the first squad in suicide squad one, I am watching suicide squad 2 soon so no spoilers, people hated the first movie though, I always liked the guy that made fire...he was cool. The first movie was a failure, but it had a killer soundtrack, is the 2nd movie good?

Yeah as someone who didn't even finish the first movie, this one's really good. I have my problems with it which I basically said all of them in my first post. Overall, I'd say it's one of DC's bests and was really fun

it's all good ahh sorry I thought you were comparing the 1st team as in from the first movie...my bad...

well in that I'll leave the rest of the discussion since I haven't seen the movie yet

No never, I would never disrespect this movie like that :pepe-grooving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!