IU’s song underperformed

• No it dropped by 200k ul’s the second day

Okay seems public didn't like the song, no big deal.

When you get UL's as high as IU on the first day dropping 200k the day after is normal, basically happens with all her songs and the few other artists who can even get close to her numbers. The higher you go the bigger the drop.

The song sucked and it will probably increase if she promotes on tv anyways

She almost never promotes anything because she has no need to, when she does it's pretty much a service for her fans, it does nothing for her when any song she releases is basically guaranteed to top all the charts and is heard everywhere on tv, radio, shops and streets, everyone already knows of it, appearing on some music show with less than 1% viewership adds nothing for her in that regard.

• people need to realize that Melon has been hemmoraging users for 2 years. They're down to a 30% marketshare in a country of only 50 million people. Let's be generous and say 75% of the country uses Korean streaming services. That's means only about 10 million people in the entire world use Melon. Realistically it's more like 7 million.

And we're supposed to care what these specific 7 million people (out of a world of 4 billion people) listen to?

Melon has lost its importance.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Korean public tasteless wbk.

Celebrity is her third straight bop. She's on a roll and is now almost up to Sunmi in terms of best discography for a Kpop soloist.

I mean the premise of the thread is not really true, I'm not sure if people here are trolling or what.

The song is #1 on all charts, overwhelmingly far above anything else atm and the still getting roof hits on both melon and genie, now having second-highest ever on both, and might even break the records on both charts this week if it continues. It currently has 590k UL's, almost 3x the second place on the charts, and that's on a coming of the weekend when the listeners drops by a ton.

Getting over 800k UL in today's charts is like getting 1,2M just a year ago.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How is any of that underperforming?

For IU its a pretty normal release, for most other artists in Korea it is something they can only dream of doing maybe one or twice in their whole career. For IU it's just another song added to her long list of hits.

In a few weeks/months when she releases her album its almost guaranteed she will have her 25 #1 hit and 20th PAK, and people will have even more inane reasons for why she's failing or is a has been.

people need to realize that Melon has been hemmoraging users for 2 years. They're down to a 30% marketshare in a country of only 50 million people. Let's be generous and say 75% of the country uses Korean streaming services. That's means only about 10 million people in the entire world use Melon. Realistically it's more like 7 million.

And we're supposed to care what these specific 7 million people (out of a world of 4 billion people) listen to?

Melon has lost its importance.

It has lost market shares, yes. Yet it's still the biggest music service by far in the country (spotify or apple would kill to have over 10% of a countrys population subscribed to them). Melon is statistically enough to tell what the general population listens to in korea, and because of its size, also the least manipulated chart by kpop group fandoms.

Melon has not lost its importance because it has never mattered from an international point of view to begin with and none has claimed it has either. We are discussing the charting performance in korea, by an Korean artist, IU , an artist that also happens to be the biggest act in korea itself in the last decade, not any kpop group who is mainly marketed to and for an international audience, so of course melon is relevant here in this discussion.

By your logic, we should only care what china and India listen to

• Got em :D

• Op already gotten ban, basically another lifeless hater creating an alt using BP dp to disguise as blink to get blinks/BP dragged as usual.. Any sane person can see IU is doing well..

• She’s like the best performer since the reform. Idiots talking out of their ass again, and nope Rose ain’t getting a mil, stop embellishing shit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!