Ex-CLC Yujin doesn’t deserve to debut in GP999 group

• But like it is in these things, it’s a about the story. Reminds me of ex-Gugudan Sally who had her sob story in a Chinese survival and made the final group despite there being girls with more charms than her.

Here’s my points about Yujin

- she had her chance, 7 years in a group

- didn’t make a name for herself the entire time. Other members stood out more

- she admitted that she felt she was invisible in her old group

- how is she going to stand out among 8 other girls who are younger, fresher and hungrier to become stars once the 2 year contract ends

- if she makes the group her backstory would lose it’s effectiveness and she’ll seem more like a filler member

- “we go up but you don’t” said BY SOMEONE ELSE is what’s generating more support for her than anything she could do on her own. It’s not like her performance was great or anything, just standard kpop fare

- other than that it’s because her group disbanded, because her group was never popular, because she’s was already an idol for a long time. This is what’s making her win, other than being “nice”

• Tbh I kinda agree :wellr: most people supporting CLC right now didnt give a shit about them before soooo

They auto stan Big 3 groups before they debut or even see the member’s faces

While 7 years of CLC it’s “im taking pity on these nugus, how noble of me”. Yujin is a repeat of this

• okay I sort of agree?? like not to be mean to her, I get she wants to re-debut but she already debuted years ago, and it sort of feels unfair??? Like she has a lot of prior training and a lot of those girls dont so she's a mile ahead of them, she has loads of experience as well. I just think maybe she should have debuted solo or something, plus this show probably is going to get into another rigging scandel, and the viewing rate in korea is super low anyways, I just dont get why she would want to be in a girl group again that will also disband... idk.

• I agree that she should not have a free or guaranteed spot in the group. She should have to get there on her talent and personality, like everyone else.

Luckily she has a large amount of both things.

Except she doesn’t really. In CLC she was mostly noticed for looking cute, all her other members got more recognition for their talents (Seungyeon, Sunghee, Elkie, Sorn),yet that didn’t even help them in their careers. If she had an it-factor it would have been obvious years ago.

BVNDIT’s Seungeun who is also on the show has way more X factor than Yujin by a mile yet nobody is hyping her up. Why? She didn’t get a dedicated pity party redemption story arc like Yujin. That’s the only reason Yujin is getting noticed among girls who have a lot more to offer

• Except she doesn’t really. In CLC she was mostly noticed for looking cute, all her other members got more recognition for their talents (Seungyeon, Sunghee, Elkie, Sorn),yet that didn’t even help them in their careers. If she had an it-factor it would have been obvious years ago.

BVNDIT’s Seungeun who is also on the show has way more X factor than Yujin by a mile yet nobody is hyping her up. Why? She didn’t get a dedicated pity party redemption story arc like Yujin. That’s the only reason Yujin is getting noticed among girls who have a lot more to offer

That's completely your opinion. I consider Yujin to be incredibly talented and extremely charismatic. Her performance of Bubble Pop was one of my favorite from the first round.

Seungeun's performance of Paradise Lost was good, but I don't think it was anywhere as good as Yujin's.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Tbh I kinda agree :wellr: most people supporting CLC right now didnt give a shit about them before soooo

Personally I never followed gg so CLC went past me. The thing I like about Yujin is the song she performed. It was cute, she did say her group had stronger concept which she wasn’t . I’m not sure about this but if that’s true, seeing how cute the performance was I can imagine why she would say she felt invisible.

I don’t see anything wrong with her trying to debut. But she will have to work hard for it and the missions not gonna be only cute songs which seem to be her strongest point. We will see how she deals with the program.

This program has way too many talented people for her to just float by without effort.

• This is the real problem.

Mnet has a history of shady, biased manipulations of their shows for 10+ years and were proven to have fooled the public and manipulated the audience's votes for multiple shows, and this was proven as recent as last year.

By all rights, Mnet should've crawled through the dust for it for years and certainly not started up a new idol survival show again - but Mnet thought, 'fuck all that' and shamelessly started up the exact same idol survival show practically directly after their people got sentenced for these proven manipulations.

But 99% of K-pop fans have left this all behind, and are perfectly happy to discuss once again which idols Mnet will allow to join the final group, and whether their biases will be part of it...

And hey, after all the times Mnet fooled and mocked the public's voting with their vote manipulations, who knows, Mnet might be fair now and allow the public's votes to count for the selection, right? After all, Mnet said they would be fair now, right? :eyebrowsr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Actually Yujin was quite noticeable in CLC. She might not be as eye-catching as Seungyeon and Yeeun, she was still decent.

In CLC, i would say it goes from Seungyeon, Yeeun, Elkie then followed by Yujin.

100% agree!

People who have been a bit more into CLC know that Yujin wasn‘t that inivisible. I clearly remember her and Sorn getting a lot of praise during Devil era, since they got a good amount of lines there.

I‘d say the less popular members were actually Seunghee (although being crazy talented), Eunbin and actually Sorn too in the beginning (until Hobgoblin where people compared her to Selena Gomez and until she opened her YT channel).

• 100% agree!

People who have been a bit more into CLC know that Yujin wasn‘t that inivisible. I clearly remember her and Sorn getting a lot of praise during Devil era, since they got a good amount of lines there.

I‘d say the less popular members were actually Seunghee (although being crazy talented), Eunbin and actually Sorn too in the beginning (until Hobgoblin where people compared her to Selena Gomez and until she opened her YT channel).

The thing about CLC is that for different eras, different members shine.

Like for me

No Oh Oh: Elkie

Hobgoblin: Yeeun/Eunbin

Black Dress: Seungyeon

No: Seungyeon

Me: Seungyeon

Devil: Sorn/Yujin

Helicopter: Seunghee

• 100% agree!

Yujin was clearly getting spotlight during CLC time

Many are saying they dont know her but probably they didnt bother to check CLC back in the days

Yujin was one of the more popular member until Elkie and Eunbin being added afterwards. Sorn has international support as she is Thai while Elkie is popular (visual + chinese/HK support)

• I actually agree allot with this sentiment

She says she felt outshone by her labelmates in CLC, and that CLC never got to be successful, So she signed up to compete to debut on this new group

But how on earth is GP 999 final lineup going to be different on those 2 counts??

Is she implying that the 98 other contestants aren't as impressive as CLC's members? I mean that is a perfectly fine opinion to have, but If that is True than why would this be a more successful venture for her than CLC was?

I don't believe she thinks that, I actually think she is not actually here to re-debut but instead to promote herself and potentially CLC into getting enough interest for a comeback

Just my 2 cents

• To the title question

Nobody Deserves to Debut, they have to earn it, no matter who they are

If she debuts, unless there was rigging, than by definition she would Deserve that, just you and I would be disappointed in the result is all

I was disappointed to some extent by all the survival shows final lineups to date, I have tapered my expectations for this one knowing Ill probably be let down again

• I don't know, she's obviously talented and is a good performer, and I honestly have zero problems if she gets into the final group. The problem I see is with some overzealous fans (rather than any of the contestants themselves) that treat their faves as some kids that need constant protection and even glancing "not respectably enough" at them might be considered as an insult. This is not even limited to debuted idols, but also to e.g. Bahiyyih and contestants that gain popularity throughout the show. I am sorry, but on this show, everyone should be in an equal position by design - they are all trainees, so the fans can cut their "SUNBAENIM RUSPECT 6 YEARS EXPERIENCE" bullshit. She came here as a trainee/contestant, she's of the same status as everyone else and is not obligated to special treatment like some mentally challenged Twitter & YT stans are implying going as far as to write that "ThEy sHoUlD bE wOrsHiPpInG ThE GrOuND sHe wAlKs oN".

• totally agree, i’m sorry she already had the chance to be in a group that and that for seven years (although they had like 3 years of a hiatus with all the gaps between cb‘s) BUT she still had the opportunity and privilege to debut in a group and from a not so small company. she could easily debut solo or whatever. there are soooo many trainees where gp999 is their last chance to debut or bring more popularity to their own group (like cherry bullet, fanatics, bvndit) who are suffering bc of covid and are not from a big company

• I feel like she will be another kaeun. Kaeun basically got support from her sob story, not really from her talent. Her performances never stood out throughout the show but she still able to get into top 12 until the finale (before the rigging). I think it’s quite unfair for the other contestants. I don’t mind if the case is like minhyun where he showed us he is worthy of final line up. I’m not saying yujin is bad but there are a lot of other contestants who are better than her.

• By that logic Bahiyyih shouldn't debut either because she's getting all the attention form the simple fact that she's kai's sister heck she barley had any screen time on the show yet people are supporting her like crazy the gap between her and the other contestants is huge she's more popular than Yujin yet i don't see you complaining and what about the girls from cherry bullet they also made their debut four years ago and the only reason people are paying attention to them it's for their sob sorry so don't single out person for because of personal feelings you have for Yujin

• By that logic Bahiyyih shouldn't debut either because she's getting all the attention form the simple fact that she's kai's sister heck she barley had any screen time on the show yet people are supporting her like crazy the gap between her and the other contestants is huge she's more popular than Yujin yet i don't see you complaining and what about the girls from cherry bullet they also made their debut four years ago and the only reason people are paying attention to them it's for their sob sorry so don't single out person for because of personal feelings you have for Yujin

I actually agree with you about Bahiyyih (hope I don't get killed for this, lol) but I don't think Cherry Bullet members are particularly popular though? For example, Bora gave a great performance but I don't really see much attention to her, she has like 1.2k followers on Universe (very low for K-group).

she didn't have 24/7 repeat of "we go up but you dont" aired daily on mnet's channel and all over social media

obviously baiyehh isn't popular in GP999 because of her skills, talent, personality, visual or stage presence, it's just because she's someone's sister. But she still needs her chance to show what she has to offer. Yujin had 7 years

• i wanted to make a similar thread tbh because i absolutely agree. She had a career already for a whole 7 years or so. Sure clc weren't twice or oh my girl but they were still pretty well known.

And like I'm sorry that she felt invisible in her own group because they did girl crush concepts but like how does she know this 999 group isnt going to debut with the exact same concept? The problem isn't the concept itself. As an idol shouldn't you be adaptable to all sorts of concepts? It doesn't exactly inspire me to vote for her.

For some reason i don't buy her sob story idk :boredr:

• I'm waiting fot the mission to judge the girls properly, but I do get your point. I'm more worried Bahiyyih, maybe in Mr. Chu she was just nervous, but in the preview of Fiesta she had the same scared expression.

Overall, the final lineup consists of 9 girls, less than Produce 101 seasons, we can't afford to have any filler members like Sohye or Hyewon (I like both, but well, the truth is the truth). Yujin better stand out in the performances too, she's experienced, and Bubble pop was a safe choice.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• she didn't have 24/7 repeat of "we go up but you dont" aired daily on mnet's channel and all over social media

obviously baiyehh isn't popular in GP999 because of her skills, talent, personality, visual or stage presence, it's just because she's someone's sister. But she still needs her chance to show what she has to offer. Yujin had 7 years

And is that Yujin folt that something like that happened ? And if i remember correctly people wer hyping her before that incidente and how does Bahiyyih situation from Yujin's ?

• I actually agree with you about Bahiyyih (hope I don't get killed for this, lol) but I don't think Cherry Bullet members are particularly popular though? For example, Bora gave a great performance but I don't really see much attention to her, she has like 1.2k followers on Universe (very low for K-group).

Obviously not every single member is going to be popular when Nu'est went on produce 101 only two members gained popularity

• I mean you do have some very good points. For instance, I can see her being possibly overshadowed by Hikaru and Ruiqi who stand out more in my opinion if they make it to the final lineup :eyes:  :pepe-use-head: I only see her being popular in Korea but not much internationally while in the group. All that overseas support she has might start simmering down once girls with stronger stage presence and personas debut.

• Were y'all like this when it was about Nu'Est aswell or is it because it's a female idol this time ?( because I remember most wanted all 3 members to debut back then and now it's a problem?

3 of those nuest members showed us their abilities are worthy of debuting. Wonder why no one cares about ren back then? For yujin, she is just another gaeun. Nothing outstanding based on what we got to see for now. Maybe she can change my/our opinion for the next evaluation?

• i wanted to make a similar thread tbh because i absolutely agree. She had a career already for a whole 7 years or so. Sure clc weren't twice or oh my girl but they were still pretty well known.

And like I'm sorry that she felt invisible in her own group because they did girl crush concepts but like how does she know this 999 group isnt going to debut with the exact same concept? The problem isn't the concept itself. As an idol shouldn't you be adaptable to all sorts of concepts? It doesn't exactly inspire me to vote for her.

For some reason i don't buy her sob story idk :boredr:

as a idol, you dont even know what its like to be a idol.

• I don't know, she's obviously talented and is a good performer, and I honestly have zero problems if she gets into the final group. The problem I see is with some overzealous fans (rather than any of the contestants themselves) that treat their faves as some kids that need constant protection and even glancing "not respectably enough" at them might be considered as an insult. This is not even limited to debuted idols, but also to e.g. Bahiyyih and contestants that gain popularity throughout the show. I am sorry, but on this show, everyone should be in an equal position by design - they are all trainees, so the fans can cut their "SUNBAENIM RUSPECT 6 YEARS EXPERIENCE" bullshit. She came here as a trainee/contestant, she's of the same status as everyone else and is not obligated to special treatment like some mentally challenged Twitter & YT stans are implying going as far as to write that "ThEy sHoUlD bE wOrsHiPpInG ThE GrOuND sHe wAlKs oN".

Welcome to kPOp laNd where fans victimize their favs any chance they can get and have entitlement that’s out of the roof.

• the only problem i have is the word "younger"

did you say the same thing about han seung woo back in 2019?

• Were y'all like this when it was about Nu'Est aswell or is it because it's a female idol this time ?( because I remember most wanted all 3 members to debut back then and now it's a problem?

We have to wait to see if Yujin stand out in this mission. Jonghyun became a fan favorite when he was humble and showed leadership in the Sorry Sorry performance, Baekho was hated and he got 2 viral moments, Boys in luv and other song. Minhyun is the visual pick, the one with the highest rank in ep 1 (11), but still proved himself in Sorry Sorry and Never.

Yujin is one of my favorites, if she does really well in the performances nobody will come after her. Somi had the same problem, people talked about how she had the big3 privillege and a fanbase from Sixteen, but Bang Bang and Yum Yum changed things.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think every girl deserve equal chance to debut. You should not judge her based by her past. If Yujin show potential and she is really motivated and people like her, she should debut in the group. If she is invisible, she should not debut. Simple as that.

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!