How to say you hate your own artists, without saying you hate your own artists

• Cube: *exists*

No seriously in a span of 2 days they manage to

• Not give a proper explanation, and instead Yujin was the one who said on GP999 that CLC is dismissed (not necessarily disbanded, but more like they won't be supporting CLC for group activities)
    • Months without any news, and gives a statement that explains literally nothing about the whole situation, and announce Soojin is going to leave (G)I-DLE

I ......

:sketchyk::sketchyk::sketchyk:

• Also from an ex. trainee (who apeared on Produce 101 Japan season 2 and won) I know that CUBE also kicks out way too many trainees without explaining why. That dude said it was most likly cause he was on the edge of being "too old" saying that CUBE would aparently never debut trainees older than 20 years old so they kick a lot people out without telling them any reason as soon they might hit the 20s soon and that guy even said he wonders how he was even taken as the only male trainee at that time saying "I don't think CUBE wants another boygroup anymore" hinting that CUBE has a lot female trainees right now

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I want to give Cube the benefit of the doubt but yeah, their track record doesn't look good.

CLC, there's nothing really surprising about them. The writing was on the wall with Elkie's departure and no schedules whatsoever even though Helicopter did relatively well (compared to their previous releases). The more surprising thing was to see Yujin talk about CLC's situation so openly on TV.

About Soojin, that was really unexpected. Of course the possibility was there since day one. But it felt like, as more time passes, the odds of her returning were going higher and higher. I mean, the real turmoil was the first weeks of the controversy. Back then I was in fear Soojin gets dropped overnight. But as days passed, you knew Cube were investigating and had they found anything real fishy, they would have dropped her most likely. But they didn't and filed a lawsuit after collecting evidence; a positive resolution didn't sound so outlandish.

So learning she's out on a random saturday just feels off. The whole thing looks like a giant waste of everyone's time.

Imagine how good (G)I-DLE's next comeback will have to be for us to forget those 6 months of waiting and hoping to no avail. I want to keep supporting the members but I feel like the stain will always be there.

• Also from an ex. trainee (who apeared on Produce 101 Japan season 2 and won) I know that CUBE also kicks out way too many trainees without explaining why. That dude said it was most likly cause he was on the edge of being "too old" saying that CUBE would aparently never debut trainees older than 20 years old so they kick a lot people out without telling them any reason as soon they might hit the 20s soon and that guy even said he wonders how he was even taken as the only male trainee at that time saying "I don't think CUBE wants another boygroup anymore" hinting that CUBE has a lot female trainees right now

And thats not true because a lot of Pentagon were old when they debuted. Cube makes no sense...

• And thats not true because a lot of Pentagon were old when they debuted. Cube makes no sense...

IDK ... that was exactly the words he used on why CUBE kicked him out without telling and he said he knew that a lot trainees leave when they are about to get 20 because of their age

66058611_medium-optimized-2.jpg

This dud, his name is Shogo Tajima, was asked in the first few episodes to talk about himself and he first said "I used to be trainee under a major Korean company. If you ask me why I had to leave, I clearly don't even really know." In another episode he opend an envelope and read the questions on it and said to it "Why I had to leave Korea? I allways wanted to be an idol. As I was young I first became trainee under the Japanese company Johnny's and later after I left them I decided to audition in Korea and was taken at CUBE. I spend around 2 years in Korea as than suddenly they told me to leave. I bet they didn't wanted to have any new boygroup at that time and they actually had a lot female trainees in the building. I also belive it was cause I used to be around 20 and they don't really like to debut older people. It's said they did the same thing to other trainees too so I am not surprised that I was kicked out"

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• IDK ... that was exactly the words he used on why CUBE kicked him out without telling and he said he knew that a lot trainees leave when they are about to get 20 because of their age

66058611_medium-optimized-2.jpg

This dud, his name is Shogo Tajima, was asked in the first few episodes to talk about himself and he first said "I used to be trainee under a major Korean company. If you ask me why I had to leave, I clearly don't even really know." In another episode he opend an envelope and read the questions on it and said to it "Why I had to leave Korea? I allways wanted to be an idol. As I was young I first became trainee under the Japanese company Johnny's and later after I left them I decided to audition in Korea and was taken at CUBE. I spend around 2 years in Korea as than suddenly they told me to leave. I bet they didn't wanted to have any new boygroup at that time and they actually had a lot female trainees in the building. I also belive it was cause I used to be around 20 and they don't really like to debut older people. It's said they did the same thing to other trainees too so I am not surprised that I was kicked out"

Oh I believe you. I'm calling Cube out for not making sense. They say one thing then do another.

• Cube changed owners and CEOs three times in the last ten years. The original founder even submitted his resignation and left the company entirely last year after the latest owner (VT GMP) brought in their own people to manage the company.

The original founder and first CEO of Cube was Hong Seung Sung, formerly president of JYP Ent. He left JYP to found Cube in 2006. Under his leadership, Cube launched 4Minute, BEAST, APink and BtoB.

Then Hong got sick in 2012 and had to step down from his CEO position, so the CEO became Park Chung Min. Under his leadership, they acquired Rain, debuted CLC, disbanded 4Minute, and sold off APink.

Then Park Chung Min stepped down in 2016, and Shin Dae Nam was elected the next CEO. Under his leadership, they lost BEAST, signed Jo Kwon, and launched Pentagon, Triple H and (G)-Idle. They also started strategic partnerships in China and Japan. Then they kicked out HyunA and E-Dawn.

Then in Feb 2020, VT GMP bought enough shares to gain majority ownership over Cube. They replaced Shin Dae Nam with their own executives as CEOs. And the original founder, Hong Seung Sung (who had been working as a producer in Cube as well as sitting on the board of shareholders) also left the company in mid-2020, saying the new owners were causing internal strife.

And well, you know the rest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!