[Confirmed] Soojin has decided to leave (G)I-DLE. (G)I-DLE to continue their activities as a five-member group

• From what I have read, she is pretty much the face of the bullying scandals that went down and (I don't live in Korea so I am only going off of what I read), knetz wanted her out of the group, guilty or not.

Knetz and ifans alike wanted T-ARA and Taeyong to be gone and fade into oblivion as well, just as much as they want with Soojin now - but that doesn't mean that they were right :oops:

• My theory is that Cube tried to save the group and believed her, but seeing that the legal process doesn't have an ending or that there is no favorable evidence on her side, they decided to kick her because GIDLE can't wait anymore.

Please don't compare Hyunjin to her. He was mature, talked to the victim and settle things, took a hiatus after admitting his mistakes, but she continued to deny and CUBE released those long statements that were useless. She also avoided the victim. That's why the public started to hate her so much. Most probably DSP and April will have the same fate.

It's a harsh and sad decision because she lost everything, and it will be hard to almost impossible to come back, but everything could have been avoided with a simple apology.

I HIGHLY doubt that.

• My theory is that Cube tried to save the group and believed her, but seeing that the legal process doesn't have an ending or that there is no favorable evidence on her side, they decided to kick her because GIDLE can't wait anymore.

Please don't compare Hyunjin to her. He was mature, talked to the victim and settle things, took a hiatus after admitting his mistakes, but she continued to deny and CUBE released those long statements that were useless. She also avoided the victim. That's why the public started to hate her so much. Most probably DSP and April will have the same fate.

It's a harsh and sad decision because she lost everything, and it will be hard to almost impossible to come back, but everything could have been avoided with a simple apology.

What if Soojin did not bully?

And how should this situation have been handled differently in that context?

• What if Soojin did not bully?

And how should this situation have been handled differently in that context?

I highly doubt she didn't bully the actress. In the Korean industry, no one would risk a career for this kind of scandal. Plus, the victim wasn't an anonymous internet user who stays hidden, but someone public. And it's not like the actress received tons of CFs and roles in kdramas after she made public her story, but hate, so why would lie about something so serious?

What we can't be sure of is the intensity of the bullying. Maybe there were some jokes, maybe some nicknames, maybe psychical agression. A different way to handle this could have been to actually meet the victim, not to run away several times or simply send a lawyer. A mature way is always better. Just talk. Maybe Soojin didn't realize that she hurt her. She could simply apologize if she made a mistake. Maybe the actress misunderstood, but if there is no communication between the sides, then it's just a childish way of thinking.

The thing is, we will never know what happened in the past, but we know what is happening now. The hate and the demand of her to leave weren't only because of the bullying, but because she acted this way. Running away, denying, "i don't remember" but in the next statement she remembers, calling out the victim and when she talked then she hid, etc. All of these shows that the time didn't change her too much.

• I highly doubt she didn't bully the actress. In the Korean industry, no one would risk a career for this kind of scandal. Plus, the victim wasn't an anonymous internet user who stays hidden, but someone public. And it's not like the actress received tons of CFs and roles in kdramas after she made public her story, but hate, so why would lie about something so serious?

What we can't be sure of is the intensity of the bullying. Maybe there were some jokes, maybe some nicknames, maybe psychical agression. A different way to handle this could have been to actually meet the victim, not to run away several times or simply send a lawyer. A mature way is always better. Just talk. Maybe Soojin didn't realize that she hurt her. She could simply apologize if she made a mistake. Maybe the actress misunderstood, but if there is no communication between the sides, then it's just a childish way of thinking.

The thing is, we will never know what happened in the past, but we know what is happening now. The hate and the demand of her to leave weren't only because of the bullying, but because she acted this way. Running away, denying, "i don't remember" but in the next statement she remembers, calling out the victim and when she talked then she hid, etc. All of these shows that the time didn't change her too much.

You don't think this is a rather dogmatic response?

I asked you a Hypothetical question, and you couldn't even respond to it, the narrative you have created for what happened is too strong in your mind to even question it makes you uncomfortable

I asked if Soojin didn't engage in Bullying how should this have been handled differently in your opinion

and your answer boils down to: She did Bully, it is not possible that she didn't

I can answer the Question from any Hypothetical position

If Soojin did in-fact engage in Emotional or Physical abuse of these Girls and that abuse was of a nature that has scarred these girls potentially for life then yes, unequivocally denying the accusations and especially issuing lawsuits against the accusers threatening financial ruin to them and perhaps even their families is horrific, and in that event even if the Lawsuits were Cube's idea, Soojin should have stepped in and prevented that from ever taking place

• This breaks my heart... She was a pillar in the group!!

I'm gonna miss her stage presence, that charisma is hard to replace. She is a killer performer!! :sadr::sadr::sadr:

My stomach kinda hurts...it feels like when you get nervous. This whole situation just leaves me a bad taste in my mouth. ?(

• Why would you think that this question makes me uncomfortable? My life will go on no matter what lol, sweetie, I will forget about this in some days so there so no emotional implication here to make me uncomfortable.

I answered your question, but you don't have the capacity to understand the text. If she didn't bully then she should have met the victim and talk about it. That's a summary of what I was saying. I even mentioned that the actress maybe misunderstood the situation, and later, after discussions, both of them could have shaken their hands and release statements where they confirmed that it was a misunderstood. A meeting doesn't automatically mean that she bullied her, but avoiding raises some suspicions.

• I highly doubt she didn't bully the actress. In the Korean industry, no one would risk a career for this kind of scandal. Plus, the victim wasn't an anonymous internet user who stays hidden, but someone public. And it's not like the actress received tons of CFs and roles in kdramas after she made public her story, but hate, so why would lie about something so serious?

you perfectly summed up what I think about this case... seo shin ae is a pretty well known child actress in Korea for her to lie about anything..

the way soojin and cube handled this situation just does not make me believe this at all...

and the way soojin dipped after questioning the actress.. like why a question like that if you will never respond?

things could have turned out way better if only she met the victim and was clear about it. accusing someone of lying and clarification and dipping when you get it aint it... also the inconsistencies in the statement... idk till what extent bullying went but from my own perspective all these incidents only point towards her doing shady stuff to others and hurting them some way or the other..

as for the investigation, cube proudly claimed that they will let the investigation results speak for themselves but now we get the news of soojin leaving out of nowhere.. only makes me think that the investigation were not going in her favour, otherwise they would have held on to every piece of info that would have been in their favour.

now before anyone starts getting pressed, this is my own perspective, you can have yours...

• Looks like it’s the intl fans? Not surprised at all. They believe she is 100% innocent and wrongly punished.

Whatever they believe, it doesn't justify nor explain this behavior. I wanted to believe too, yet I never posted anything shitty on these people's SNS. The problem is, these guys have to be litteral kids to be so immature. Stupid kids doing stupid stuff is what it comes down to.

Everyone involved should disable comments on their SNS for a while. A shitstorm was bound to happen, especially considering how Cube handled the whole thing.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• But let`s say JYP now realizes Lia did lie and she did whatever that person acusses her of, wouldn`t fans want for her to just finally admit and apologize, kicking the person out seems harsh.

JYP took a clue and didn't give Lia full hiatus (they still hid her a lil in activities) because Midzy would riot. Also, they still beliebe her, probably, like we do.

JYP has more money than Cube, so their PR department and lawyers can better cover up any bullying allegation.

• Yeah, stress and jealously make for a really toxic environment. When you add that to ever mounting pressure and the stigma around mental health it's no wonder many want to escape the only way they think they can. Kind of a weird comparison but thats why some fall into drug and alcohol addiction in the west, to escape from reality, but with the drug laws in SK and lack of access to help there is little outlet, even if you look for medical help. I remember reading some article saying though SK doctors are good, they have a rep of being unfeeling. They get so caught up in fixing they forget to take care of the patients emotional wellbeing as well, even after scary diagnosis like cancer.

I think that may be the way for some, but it may also be a situation of hoping they will fail and allow the bully to improve their grades. It may seem weird but if your parent is telling you to get top 10 and your always 11, knowing that if just 1 person were to go away you'd meet your aim (especially with teenagers with all those raging hormones), can make anyone go twisted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!