The Prosecution Reveals What YG Entertainment Founder Yang Hyun Suk Allegedly Threatened An Informant With

• Yang Hyun Suk is suspected of coaxing and threatening “A” in 2016 to reverse their statement about B.I purchasing and using illegal drugs and attempting to cover up the investigation. “A” changed their testimony, and B.I was initially acquitted of his charges at the time.

On June 7, it was revealed that the violent crimes department of the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office indicted B.I on the charge of violating the Act on the Control of Narcotics, Etc. on May 28. On the same day, Yang Hyun Suk was indicted for threatening retaliation. Both were indicted without detention.

Yang Hyun Suk was not present at the first hearing because a defendant is not obliged to attend until the court’s final decision date. The prosecutors and Yang Hyun Suk’s legal representatives shared opinions on the issue and discussed the schedule for further trials.

The prosecutors stated, “After receiving a report from YG employee Kim about ‘A’s’ police statement, Yang Hyun Suk called ‘A’ to the company building and threatened her to take back her testimony about B.I and make a false statement.” They pointed out Yang Hyun Suk had told “A,” “You need to be a good kid. I can read all the reports. It’ll be a piece of cake to kill you.”

In response, Yang Hyun Suk’s legal representatives claimed, “We deny all the charges.” They added, “It is true that he met up with Han Seo Hee (‘A’) and spoke with her, but he never threatened her or forced her to make false statements.”

When the court asked if Yang Hyun Suk desires a a trial with citizen participation, his legal representative answered, “He does not want it.”

On the same day, Kim, who was indicted as Yang’s accomplice, also denied the charges, and Lee, who was accused of ordering “A” to leave the country, has fled the country, so the court decided to consider issuing an arrest warrant.

The court will hold another hearing on September 17 and start a formal trial in October.

• Vivi1388

Changed the title of the thread from “The Prosecution Reveals What YG Entertainment Founder Yang Hyun Suk Threatened An Informant With” to “The Prosecution Reveals What YG Entertainment Founder Yang Hyun Suk Allegedly Threatened An Informant With”.
  • External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• Both A and YHS are not really trustworthy people, both are shady. So it’s literally a he said she said situation.

We will see how the court decides. I hope this won’t be dragged for years as well and gets dealed with fast!

Nevertheless… no matter how shady the person in front of you is…. giving death threats is an absolute no go, so if it’s proven to be true…

• Both A and YHS are not really trustworthy people, both are shady. So it’s literally a he said she said situation.

We will see how the court decides. I hope this won’t be dragged for years as well and gets dealed with fast!

Nevertheless… no matter how shady the person in front of you is…. giving death threats is an absolute no go, so if it’s proven to be true…

Hyunsuk is no longer part of YG so you don’t have to get concerned about “speedy trials”

• If the death threats can be proven, it's over for him

I didn't think it was a death threat. I think "killing off" refers to ending her career not her life.

Both A and YHS are not really trustworthy people, both are shady. So it’s literally a he said she said situation.

Just stop. You used to say the same for Seungri too but once the court DID DECIDE on a sentence you insisted it was unjust and that he was a scapegoat.

I told you this before, this relentless devil advocate crusade of yours isn't a good look, it reflects so badly on you and these scum pos aren't worth it.

• Just stop. You used to say the same for Seungri too but once the court DID DECIDE on a sentence you insisted it was unjust and that he was a scapegoat.

I told you this before, this relentless devil advocate crusade of yours isn't a good look, it reflects so badly on you and these scum pos aren't worth it.

Seungri’s sentence wasn’t injustice, the sentence of others who did worse than him was injustice and I wrote you in that other Thread (before it got cleaned so I don’t know if you saw it) that is what I meant, but worded badly! I stated several times that I think he deserved what he got lol.

So please stop! I explained to you that it’s not what I mean so please let it be!

• "You look like someone who will stay in the entertainment industry but it's nothing for me to kill off a kid like you."

Sounds more like he's talking about her career. Except, she doesn't even have one

• Seungri’s sentence wasn’t injustice, the sentence of others who did worse than him was injustice and I wrote you in that other Thread (before it got cleaned so I don’t know if you saw it) that is what I meant, but worded badly! I stated several times that I think he deserved what he got lol.

So please stop! I explained to you that it’s not what I mean so please let it be!

You should stop playing devil advocate for literal criminals. This is not a case of an idol being obscurely accused of bullying without a solid proof. These men are scum. When you cast some doubt on the credibility of A (like you did in your first post here) you are basically giving yhs the benefit of the doubt and normalising his actions. I doubt that you mean this but this is literally what your words imply and that's why many people keep apparently misunderstanding you and misinterpreting your posts. (I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here)

Bottom line is, A's character and identity do not matter at all and do not change the fact yhs threatened a witness to obstruct justice and cover up a crime. THIS should be the focus, but you were instead trying to deflect the attention from yhs to the witness instead.

• You should stop playing devil advocate for literal criminals. This is not a case of an idol being obscurely accused of bullying without a solid proof. These men are scum. When you cast some doubt on the credibility of A (like you did in your first post here) you are basically giving yhs the benefit of the doubt and normalising his actions. I doubt that you mean this but this is literally what your words imply and that's why many people keep apparently misunderstanding you and misinterpreting your posts. (I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here)

Bottom line is, A's character and identity do not matter at all and do not change the fact yhs threatened a witness to obstruct justice and cover up a crime. THIS should be the focus, but you were instead trying to deflect the attention from yhs to the witness instead.

you’re speaking like what Victim A said is all said and true. It’s a matter of what he said she said. Unless someone else is present during their conversation, it’s not a done deal.

• you’re speaking like what Victim A said is all said and true. It’s a matter of what he said she said. Unless someone else is present during their conversation, it’s not a done deal.

According to the tweets in op, he was reported by an YGE employee for threatening A. That's a 3rd party.

• You should stop playing devil advocate for literal criminals. This is not a case of an idol being obscurely accused of bullying without a solid proof. These men are scum. When you cast some doubt on the credibility of A (like you did in your first post here) you are basically giving yhs the benefit of the doubt and normalising his actions. I doubt that you mean this but this is literally what your words imply and that's why many people keep apparently misunderstanding you and misinterpreting your posts. (I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here)

So in other words, i should shut up if I think something doesn’t make sense to me or seems off, cause the person involved is a scumbag/trash. Just follow the crowd and the more popular opinion. Otherwise other people won’t like you ?

Also I’m not the only person who thinks A isn’t a that much of a trustworthy person. Why can others express that opinion, but I can’t?

And it’s not true, at least at court, how trustworthy a witness is will always play a big role.

At least I gave her the benefit of doubt.

• "You look like someone who will stay in the entertainment industry but it's nothing for me to kill off a kid like you."

Sounds more like he's talking about her career. Except, she doesn't even have one

Yeah clearly talking about career not killing that person.

• it’s Han Seo Hee we’re talking about. Can what she says be really valid with what she said about V and the MonstaX guy

this isn't just social media gossip anymore? lying in court is perjury, which you can go to jail for. yeah people lie in court and get away with it but doesnt she have a witness? also afaik she didnt lie about about wonho owing that girl money even if other stuff she said about him wasn't true. trying to discredit a witness just bc you dont like them is rlly meh... leave it to the defense to attack her credibility. you're not a lawyer

who's your favorite artist?

• According to the tweets in op, he was reported by an YGE employee for threatening A. That's a 3rd party.

I think the tweet is mistranslation.

In the OP

The prosecutors stated, “After receiving a report from YG employee Kim about ‘A’s’ police statement, Yang Hyun Suk called ‘A’ to the company building and threatened her to take back her testimony about B.I and make a false statement.”

In the tweet it states that Mr. Kim was the head of the management support office. He did not reported YHS, he reported to YHS that ‘A’ got arrested and gave a testimony at the police station that incriminated B. I.

Which makes sense, cause if ‘A’ made a testimony about a person who is signed under YG… the first department the police will contact is the management support of that company. That’s how the head knew about it and reported it to YHS.

Kim is also stated as an accomplice by the prosecution. So there was indeed no Thread party that could speak on ‘A’’s behalf.

• The one thing I think could play on her behalf is the fact that a so called Lee who allegedly ordered her to leave the country, fled the country lol… If you didn’t do anything wrong, there is no point in running away.

Must not necessarily mean he fled because of this case, but the timing is fishy!

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!