Official Kana Nishino Thread

• Kana Nishino (西野カナ, Nishino Kan) is a Japanese singer and songwriter signed with SME Records' Newcome Inc. She debuted on February 20, 2008, with the single "I". CNN said that she was the favorite singer of teenage girls in Shibuya, Tokyo after doing an interview and news story. She has sold close to 10 million albums in Japan alone.

She famously dominated the Billboard Japan Music Awards with her winnings in 2015-2016 respectively.

She started a hiatus on January 8th, 2019 but has stated multiple times since the start of it, this is for rest and recovery after over a decade in the industry and to spend time with her newborn child. She does not cross out the option of a comeback.

kana-nishino-press-2016-billboard-650-compressed.jpg

This is a thread to discuss any news or announcements regarding her music career.

Please as usual be respectful.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I am surprised to finally see a fairly new thread about Kana Nishino one of my favorite singers ever from anywhere. She has such a beautiful and resonant R and B base mixed in with cute concept, country, and a roller coaster of emotion bursting with joy to bittersweet sadness in her ballads, also mixing a touch of country like in Darling and When I Find My SoulMate with Japanese traditional and plenty of highly appealing pop. I have no idea what she is doing now, though I miss her singles, albums and live performances. Not only is Kana one of the few single artists who can sell out dome tours by concentrating almost completely on the quality and charm of her voice and personality (since she doesn't focus that much on dancing), but she also set a record by having the most number 1 songs on the short lived digital download chart from 2009 to 2012. During this stretch, she had an amazing 12 number 1 singles on this chart, which I believe is the most during this period.

Here is a list of all her number 1 digital download singles. I love all these songs:

1. Motto 2 weeks week of October 20 and week of November 3

2. Dear 1 week week of December 1

3. Best Friend 3 weeks

4. Aitakute Aitakute 2 weeks

5. If 2 weeks

6. Kimitte 3 weeks

7. Distance 2 weeks

8. Esperanza 1 week

9. Tatoe Donnani 2 weeks last week of 2011 and first week of 2012

10. Sakura, I Love You 2 weeks

11. Watashitachi 3 weeks

12. Go For It 1 week chart is discontinued while this song is number 1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!