As a Insomnia, I'm starting to realize now....

• That Dreamcatcher may never get a music show win. Their music concept do not appeal to the general korean audience. All though their sales are going strong and there are more awareness surrounding the group. Dreamcatcher is in their 5th year after the rebranding of Minx and still not single show win. But I guess I shouldn't complain that much. DIA and CLC got their first wins, but look where they are now compared to DC.

E8bh4DjVkAM7GXi?format=jpg&name=large

• But I guess I shouldn't complain that much. DIA and CLC got their first wins, but look where they are now compared to DC.

Indeed. A couple of music show wins don't mean much ultimately.

Now when it comes to Dreamcatcher, their odds are not nonexistent; but it requires a perfect timing. Their first week of release is their best chance thanks to good sales numbers. Unfortunately 'BEcause' missed that window because of cancelled music shows due to the Olympics. Then they need to face a weak competition. As seen above, ASTRO is too much for them to handle.

So maybe it will happen some day; or maybe it won't. It would make for a nice emotional moment for sure; but at the end of day, Dreamcatcher's fate doesn't lie in their odds of winning a trophy on a music show.

• once again timing wasn't right for comeback, that's it :)

I've even started to think that someone in company should be checking when music shows are cancelled etc. because this seems like mess-up...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• once again timing wasn't right for comeback, that's it :)

I've even started to think that someone in company should be checking when music shows are cancelled etc. because this seems like mess-up...

I'm pretty sure companies don't care about music show trophies. It doesn't factor in their strategy since it's mostly out of their hands.

• I'm pretty sure companies don't care about music show trophies. It doesn't factor in their strategy since it's mostly out of their hands.

I still believe that a win would bring girls to tears

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Indeed. A couple of music show wins don't mean much ultimately.

Now when it comes to Dreamcatcher, their odds are not nonexistent; but it requires a perfect timing. Their first week of release is their best chance thanks to good sales numbers. Unfortunately 'BEcause' missed that window because of cancelled music shows due to the Olympics. Then they need to face a weak competition. As seen above, ASTRO is too much for them to handle.

So maybe it will happen some day; or maybe it won't. It would make for a nice emotional moment for sure; but at the end of day, Dreamcatcher's fate doesn't lie in their odds of winning a trophy on a music show.

There is another way to get a show win. But it's a unpopular one and I wrote this on the DC thread in the past: They can make a song that goes viral for the general public. But that song has to be devoided of the style we love them for so much. It would alienate the fandom but.. Is it worth it?

• There is another way to get a show win. But it's a unpopular one and I wrote this on the DC thread in the past: They can make a song that goes viral for the general public. But that song has to be devoided of the style we love them for so much. It would alienate the fandom but.. Is it worth it?

Even that is not a guarantee for a MuShow win. If it flops, you are alienating your fandom for basically nothing so I wouldn't say it's worth it.

• There is another way to get a show win. But it's a unpopular one and I wrote this on the DC thread in the past: They can make a song that goes viral for the general public. But that song has to be devoided of the style we love them for so much. It would alienate the fandom but.. Is it worth it?

A viral song is not something that you can design out of sheer will; otherwise every nugu would have one already. Yes DC could go a more gp friendly route but it would be a gamble because no success is ever guaranteed (unless you're a Big 3 company which can pre-sell 60k copies of an unknown group lol).

So right now, Dreamcatcher's safest route to a music show win is to stick to their guns and keep doing what made them grow at every comeback.

• When the pool of idol groups was smaller, it was possible for a company to structure a comeback so that their odds were maximized for the chance to get a win. Companies would reschedule comebacks based around the Big Three announcing a long awaited return.

But heck, look at just this week alone -- only two days in! -- there have been comebacks from ONF, Hyoyeon, Ten, Younha, Hyolyn/Dasom, The Boyz, Ha Sungwoon, and BDZ. And next week, we have Red Velvet, TXT, Cravity, and Cix, and the week after that, Stray Kids, Brave Girls, Verivery, and Got7's JayB. If you tried to avoid any competition these days, you just wouldn't release music.

So take solace in the fact that Dreamcatcher releases better and better music each release, and they continue to do better -- selling more albums, getting more views -- so a music show win would be the cherry on the top, but they're still doing okay.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

You can't get a viral hit just because you want lol, otherwise the whole kpop industry would had a viral hit by now

• You can't get a viral hit just because you want lol, otherwise the whole kpop industry would had a viral hit by now

OFC it's not guaranteed, but maybe their chances ''could'' be higher with a song that isn't recognizable as what you would have expected by Dreamcatcher. A more public friendly song if we can call it. But I agree like what others has said here, it's probably better they just continue as they do.

• It also doesn't help that they have such bad luck.

I think Scream they had to cancel because of covid.
    BEcause had to cancel because of Olympics...

Majority of your points and sales are front loaded. If skip a week and you can kiss your chances of the win good bye....You'll be lucky to get 1/10 of your sale and digital points you got on the first week ur song comes out.

It's just very very unfortunate timing...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!