Hyolyn essentially sabotaged her own career by going the independent route soloist : AGREE or DISAGREE

• What do you think 6

1. BOP (4) 67%
    2. FLOP (2) 33%
    3. BLOP (0) 0%

I am a huge Star1 and I was devastated when Sistar disbanded. But I understood the pact they made about that. Hyolyn wanted to go solo and being as talented as she is, I feel like she could have had her pick of companies. She was a JYP trainee after all and Sistar made Starship what it is today. But instead of choosing what I’d say is an "easier" path, she chose to start her own label called Bridg Entertainment. Honestly it’s a hot mess. She’s not very well promoted, I don’t think she can wear as many hats as she is currently doing and her fan base (Baes) are often complaining about the gaps in comebacks and inconsistency in marketing. She needs to be managed. She’s a big enough star that she needn’t be micro managed and she’s a good enough song writer that she should be with a company who would let her explore her creativity.

My fear is that she will just fade into obscurity without newer fans knowing what a powerhouse she is.

cc : reddit

• I feel like she did have a pretty good boost with Dally but somehow not sure what happened along the way whether is it the scandal or the huge break between comebacks maybe both kinda made her fade.

Many solo artists didn't necessarily have a huge hit right from debut like Chungha.

I feel she doesn't necessarily know how to manage her career despite being an incredibly talented artist.

In fact she was really successful with her solos during her time in Sistar. I feel maybe Sistar could have stayed together for like maybe 1 comeback every year while the other months be spent on their own solo stuff. Like Dasom and Bora could pull a Taecyeon to leave Starship to focus on acting while still staying as Sistar.

I feel the huge reason Hyolyn left was due to musical differences that is she don't have huge creative control over her music. She has expressed writing songs for Sistar but many of those songs were rejected because they are not 'GP friendly'

• I agree with you on that part. It is not that bad or good, she just really need very good self-management if she wants to manage all the aspects of her career. If she thinks she can handle it, then I hope she can improve more in area she is lacking.

• Yeah the hiatuses are brutal. She had a decent start at first with Dally, Sea See, and Bae all in one year, but she hasn't really made a legit comeback since other than Say My Name. I think she should have picked a label like Sunmi's who gives her creative freedom while still managing her well (plus Sunmi's label allows her to collaborate with artists outside the label so that could come in handy for a Sistar reunion)

• Yeah the hiatuses are brutal. She had a decent start at first with Dally, Sea See, and Bae all in one year, but she hasn't really made a legit comeback since other than Say My Name. I think she should have picked a label like Sunmi's who gives her creative freedom while still managing her well (plus Sunmi's label allows her to collaborate with artists outside the label so that could come in handy for a Sistar reunion)

Can Psy oppa adopt Hyolyn please

• Can she join PNation I'm sure Psy can give him the platform like Jessi and Heize who are doing much better than they were

This is ICONIC imagine her pulling this in 2021 people are going to STAN

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!