Now, how did SMA manage to not give Baekhyun a bonsang?...

• mari1992

Changed the title of the thread from “Now, how did SMA manage to not hive Baekhyun a bonsang?...” to “Now, how did SMA manage to not give Baekhyun a bonsang?...”.
  • He did better than 80% of the bonsang winners... So... How... And second year in a row, at that... Did he piss them off somehow, or what?...

Not even one award... How did they manage... :pepe-back-away:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The scoring is 30-30-40, music sales, votes and judges. This is the ranking on the last day of voting from what I saw.

Beakhyun ranked in 17th place overall so didn't deserve a Bonsang on the night.

This is bull... If votes decide so much, the awards itself is bull... And that also means, jury also gave him zero points... So.... Once again... He got robbed.

And btw... Artists below him on that list got bonsangs... So...

• This is bull... If votes decide so much, the awards itself is bull... And that also means, jury also gave him zero points... So.... Once again... He got robbed.

He didn't get robbed and you can't complain about the awarding criteria after the fact. It's quite clearly explained weeks and weeks in advance and the bottom line is Beakhyun had enough music score that with even a low judges rank he still would have won if his fans had voted harder.

Not only was Beakhyun not robbed of a Bonsang this year but with such close numbers the judges could sway almost anyone outside of having 10+ point scores.

If anything Got7 and Blackpink should feel robbed since both groups had enough points to win one but obviosuly got low(or no) points from the judges.

• Izone is 19 and nuest 20 and still won so this list is shit

Yes and obviously those picked up judges scores, but both IzOne and Oh My Girl have higher music sales scores than Beakhyun so is it not reasonable the judges could have picked them? Like I said the only groups with any right to feel slightly robbed are Got7 and BP as both had enough votes/music sales that getting anything from the judges should have gave them an award.

• Yes and obviously those picked up judges scores, but both IzOne and Oh My Girl have higher music sales scores than Beakhyun so is it not reasonable the judges could have picked them? Like I said the only groups with any right to feel slightly robbed are Got7 and BP as both had enough votes/music sales that getting anything from the judges should have gave them an award.

That is hypothetical.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Yes and obviously those picked up judges scores, but both IzOne and Oh My Girl have higher music sales scores than Beakhyun so is it not reasonable the judges could have picked them? Like I said the only groups with any right to feel slightly robbed are Got7 and BP as both had enough votes/music sales that getting anything from the judges should have gave them an award.

That's the thing then. Judges robbed him... You know, that first, he wasn't even included in votings and nominees? They only added him, when fans complained. They never intended to give it to him, from the start and that's a fact. If voting decided and not so called "insider judges", then he would have won R&B 100%, which he did not.

• That's the thing then. Judges robbed him... You know, that first, he wasn't even included in votings and nominees? They only added him, when fans complained. They never intended to give it to him, from the start and that's a fact. If voting decided and not so called "insider judges", then he would have won R&B 100%, which he did not.

No they didn't, 1000%.

Look at the numbers based on votes and music scores which is 60% of the criteria he was ranked 17th in order of who 'deserved' to win. If you take away judges scoring and say it was worth 0% and only votes and sales mattered Beakhyun would have been 17th in line for a Bonsang and thus didn't deserve one.

The only people the judges robbed, if anyone, was Got7 and Blackpink as the 11th and 12th ranked groups.

Groups who didn't win but were above Beakhyun were NCT Dream, Got7, BlackPink, Sunghoon, Suju D&E, Dreamcatcher all accrued higher combined scores so in fact if the judges were to award Beakhyun more points and give him a Bonsang wouldn't it be fair for all those group who didn't get an award to say Beakhyun robbed them? Considering they were ahead of him in line? Think fairly.

• No, if anyone, Baekhyun deserved it, because, he had the most impact on the kpop music industry out of all mentioned (except BP). Votes? Mass fanvotes for ONE award show and he deserves less points from judges?! Like I said, why didn't he win an R&B category then? In Which he had the most votes?... His album is critically acclaimed and won bonsang at every somehow credible awards show, so no. It still doesn't make sense, how SMA didn't give it to him this AND last year.

• No, if anyone, Baekhyun deserved it, because, he had the most impact on the kpop music industry out of all mentioned (except BP). Votes? Mass fanvotes for ONE award show and he deserves less points from judges?! Like I said, why didn't he win an R&B category then? In Which he had the most votes?... His album is critically acclaimed and won bonsang at every somehow credible awards show, so no. It still doesn't make sense, how SMA didn't give it to him this AND last year.

You can't complain about the criteria after the fact, either trash on it before and don't bother voting or tuning in, but don't say bla bla he had the most impact and deserved it most after he already lost on a criteria that was made apparent weeks earlier.

I have already said he 1000% didn't deserve a Bonsang based on the pre defined scoring system(this is a lost fight the facts are already set out) and you can see in other threads I FULLY agree it seems impossible for him not to have won best HipHop/RnB. He led Jessie in votes and music scores which should have been 60-40 even if she won judges but they never give the judges breakdown so it's def bullshit for that category and I think something dodgy happened with other acts in the OST and balled categories too.

• You can't complain about the criteria after the fact, either trash on it before and don't bother voting or tuning in, but don't say bla bla he had the most impact and deserved it most after he already lost on a criteria that was made apparent weeks earlier.

I have already said he 1000% didn't deserve a Bonsang based on the pre defined scoring system(this is a lost fight the facts are already set out) and you can see in other threads I FULLY agree it seems impossible for him not to have won best HipHop/RnB. He led Jessie in votes and music scores which should have been 60-40 even if she won judges but they never give the judges breakdown so it's def bullshit for that category and I think something dodgy happened with other acts in the OST and balled categories too.

bro if the judges didn’t vote for him it’s rigged. And that’s that as well.

If one criteria is rigged ofc the whole show loses credibility as well and deserves questioning.

• bro if the judges didn’t vote for him it’s rigged. And that’s that as well.

If one criteria is rigged ofc the whole show loses credibility as well and deserves questioning.

I can agree with this part, if one thing is in question than all things are in question is something I think everyone would agree to.

But the first part is the most unduly arrogant thing I think I read today....so the judges didn't vote for his music it must mean they are fixed? It's not like Candy was some huge mega hit or impactful song that shook Korea...Is it not reasonable to think he got lower votes?

• I can agree with this part, if one thing is in question than all things are in question is something I think everyone would agree to.

But the first part is the most unduly arrogant thing I think I read today....so the judges didn't vote for his music it must mean they are fixed? It's not like Candy was some huge mega hit or impactful song that shook Korea...Is it not reasonable to think he got lower votes?

Yes. KMA nominated million selling delight should have got the ‘judge’ votes. It’s rigged if you say he didn’t get judge votes. what about it now.

The judge votes are way to rob deserving people by rigging.

Btw it’s an album Bonsang. A million selling critically acclaimed album indeed had more impact than every other album less than that. The fact you asked about delight impact of itself is funny.

It’s not an award for digital single you seem confused.

• A quite frankly pathetic tantrum and a deluded take.

• He didn't get robbed and you can't complain about the awarding criteria after the fact. It's quite clearly explained weeks and weeks in advance and the bottom line is Beakhyun had enough music score that with even a low judges rank he still would have won if his fans had voted harder.

Not only was Beakhyun not robbed of a Bonsang this year but with such close numbers the judges could sway almost anyone outside of having 10+ point scores.

If anything Got7 and Blackpink should feel robbed since both groups had enough points to win one but obviosuly got low(or no) points from the judges.

I cannot believe they didn't give BP a bonsang, first GG to sell over 1M doesn't deserve one??? Especially cause they are close to the cut off and no offense to MX and Nuest but i didn't think their albums were better recieved then BP's.

• I cannot believe they didn't give BP a bonsang, first GG to sell over 1M doesn't deserve one??? Especially cause they are close to the cut off and no offense to MX and Nuest but i didn't think their albums were better recieved then BP's.

That's not it. If you look(for whatever reason) How You Like That was nominated for the Bonsang not The Album which meant it was only around 200k sales counted from physical instead of about 700k(remember SMA uses only Hanteo chart) so music score for BP wasn't that high.

The issue for them and why they can feel slightly annoyed is even with that said they still ranked 12th overall before judging so all they had to do was be a top 10 pick of the judges and in theory should have still won something. I'm honestly not sure how Nu'est won.

• That's not it. If you look(for whatever reason) How You Like That was nominated for the Bonsang not The Album which meant it was only around 200k sales counted from physical instead of about 700k(remember SMA uses only Hanteo chart) so music score for BP wasn't that high.

The issue for them and why they can feel slightly annoyed is even with that said they still ranked 12th overall before judging so all they had to do was be a top 10 pick of the judges and in theory should have still won something. I'm honestly not sure how Nu'est won.

Oh i see, that's weird.

• That's not it. If you look(for whatever reason) How You Like That was nominated for the Bonsang not The Album which meant it was only around 200k sales counted from physical instead of about 700k(remember SMA uses only Hanteo chart) so music score for BP wasn't that high.

“The judge votes look rigged” bro why are you contradicting yourself :cryingr:

• The one deluded here is you defending a rigged award show to death like they’re paying you :cryingr:

Who is defending it? Again multiple times I've said Got7 and Blackpink should have won and multiple times pointed out how it's pretty much impossible for Jessi to have won best Hip Hop...how you got defended from that I am unsure.

Don't confuse me bringing the numbers here to correct a thread based on seemingly nothing other than 'if Beakhyun didn't win it must be rigged cos I said so' as defense of the show, it's better to think of it as an attack on the mentality that you have a right to bitch and moan about the criteria after the fact when it was accepted before.

• Who is defending it? Again multiple times I've said Got7 and Blackpink should have won and multiple times pointed out how it's pretty much impossible for Jessi to have won best Hip Hop...how you got defended from that I am unsure.

Don't confuse me bringing the numbers here to correct a thread based on seemingly nothing other than 'if Beakhyun didn't win it must be rigged cos I said so' as defense of the show, it's better to think of it as an attack on the mentality that you have a right to bitch and moan about the criteria after the fact when it was accepted before.

The whole show is rigged. You didn’t correct any anything your numbers PROVED how they used arbitrary judge votes to rig the show.

If everything else is rigged why are you offended people think judge votes are rigged :cryingr: :cryingr:

• I honestly don't understand it personally as The Album was well within the judging period too since the cut off was December.

Yeah, it's a very strange decision. I understand why they chose Go Live for SKZ instead of In Life even tho it sold more cause GL is the full album, but a single album over a full album? Kinda feels like they were setting up BP for failure ?(?(

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!