Should people with scandals be artists/idols?

• Should people with scandals be artists/idols? 9

1. Yeah why not (3) 33%
    2. Depends on what they did (6) 67%
    3. No, definetly not (0) 0%

I hat this question popin up in my head after I saw an MV on Youtube.

So short said: a Japanese musician was in a scandal in 2019 cause he beat a woman up that refused to go out with him and he only blamed it on how he was "drunk" all the time blah blah he also bought himseld out of prison cause rich and stuff ... anyway my thoughts went to a post on a website people had about him half a year after what happend. He said he wanted to return as vocalist after he was suspended from his company for a while and over a year later he released a new MV 3 days ago. I remember that people back than discussed on if people with such scandals should be celebrity or in this case a vocalist if they have brought a scandal with them and many people back than said they hope people with such scandals who seriously damage their images wouldn't be vocalists or whatever celebrity they are.

Seeing the coments under the MV many of his fans seem to have forgoten what happend and act like "oh we missed you and we love the song" but if he had came back way earlier people might've eaten him alive ...

So what do you think? Should celebrity with image demaging scandals just vanish out of the public's eye or do you think its ok for them to still be popular no mather if their fans can forget what happend or not in the past ?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• The question is tricky since you ask about idols/artists but artists and idols are not one and the same. Idols are kinda sensitive as they're supposed to be looked up to by fans for basically everything: their beauty, their singing and dancing skills, AND their character.

But an artist is just someone who does art. And a genius artist can be a terrible human being. Does it mean they're not artists anymore? Does it mean people who are genuinely interested in arts should look the other way? It's kinda dumb. Either you're in for the art itself, or you're in to give certificates of good conduct which is something else entirely.

• I mean if you would have a banter with other celebrity/idol in a way that you would say 'ahhh just fvck off' and people would think that you have attitude then... in my opinion it's nothing that hard, of course if it's not bullying, but just situation when two of you dislike each other. So in this case yeah.

But man who would beat a woman? a celebrity? that's a prison in my opinion, burn him.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think Artist and Idols are two different things.

With an Idol, their whole persona is one sale, so a good clean image is a must

With an Artist, it’s all about their Art. So there isn’t much focus on their character.

But in both cases I would say, it depends? But it takes more for an artist to get canceled.

• of course anybody can be an artist or idol or whatever...

the questions is will people support them...if they do great if they don't great as well...

it is the inherent freedom that we have as individuals that allows us to support whoever but also cancel or not support whoever...

for example Chris Brown still has a lot of supporters and also a lot of detractors...

• If the prospect artist doesn't need popularity from the masses, sure. Some may get away even with alienating values/statements/actions if they have something unique to offer.

The masses aren't really consistent when dealing with scandals. It depends more on the artist's (lack of) shame. If they feel ashamed, they may never return after a scandal. However, if they don't give much of a fuck, there is always a public for controversial figures as long they have something to offer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!