Kpop industry peaked in 2013

• Kpop as a whole and as a business that makes money peaked in 2013. Public interest in South Korea for kpop has declined every year since.

Just because BTS and BP are still soaring high doesn't mean the entire industry is also. In fact if it wasn't for the West taking an interest in kpop then the industry probably wouldn't be here today cause South Korea just doesn't care anymore.

It's like what happened in Hollywood pre pandemic. It was collapsing also despite Marvel movies making billions of dollars. Disney was pretty much the only company making a profit.

This might read like another "white people had to save the day yet again" rant but it's TRUE.

As soon as BTS and BP disband that's it for kpop. Nothing lasts forever.

And please don't come in here trying to say Aespa is gonna carry the torch and be a global phenomenon.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you're right. the kpop industry collabed in 1999 and then in 2013.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• are you commenting this on every mildly-controversial thread because if so, hats off to you cause there's a lot of that here ;(

hahaha

no I'm commenting on threads that I'm actually interested in lol

I'm from Australia so some of the more interesting threads occur when I'm sleeping

• I know you are trolling but there’s some truth to it. If you take out the international scene of kpop, the local scene is pretty dry now.

Right now idol recognition is not as high as it was before but the industry is faring well by targeting other ventures. I see nothing wrong with that

It goes in cycles, the first half of the 2000s were a notorious kpop drought. Right now I think too many groups are trying to replicate the success of the top international groups and are not focusing on the Korean market.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• is it true that there's a thing called "spider rain"? i'm too scared to look it up again :eyes:

Spider rain” is a rare occurrence in which thousands of spiders miraculously float through the air with their tiny strands of webbing floating just above them. ... Spiders are flightless creatures, so how are they managing to rain down from the sky as though they were flying?

I had to google that myself - it's a very rare occurrence lol

I haven't seen that in my 30 years living here...

• Spider rain” is a rare occurrence in which thousands of spiders miraculously float through the air with their tiny strands of webbing floating just above them. ... Spiders are flightless creatures, so how are they managing to rain down from the sky as though they were flying?

I had to google that myself - it's a very rare occurrence lol

I haven't seen that in my 30 years living here...

Time for a remix

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!