Why are disbanding and not renew contracts are bad thing?

• Why are some Kpop fans always upset when people say that their fav groups are disbanding and not renewing their contracts with their companies. I mean I changed jobs because either I got promoted or found a job closer to my home or got better pay and more freedom to do my job the way I wanted to.

It's the same thing with kpop singers. Some idols might go into acting and don't want to continue with music. Some idols want more money and better treatment. Some idols want more artistic freedom and decided what they want to write about. Some idols want to act and sing but the company doesn't have acting department, so they sign with an acting agency but might continue with the group activities.

• Because universally pop groups are often marketed as having strong bonds like bands/groups whose members formed the band for their love of music , but in reality 90% of the time they were put together by businessmen and just go along to push their individual image.

But I do agree with fans tho, for me the situation is kinda sad especially for successful groups that we know will never have the same relevance or charisma as solo artists (2ne1 comes to mind), but it’s better than a forced group anyway.

• parasocial relationships with idols :wellr:

we grow to feel like we know them and understand their relationships within their group. the idea of the group disbanding can feel really personal, like you're losing that group of friends. it can also feel like if they disband, their friendships with each other don't seem as real as they used to, because a lot of groups push this idea that they're all bffs and get along and would never split up as a group. their bond is forever. which might be genuine sometimes, maybe is just what the company wants you to believe sometimes. but the thought of your faves disbanding and possibly finding out that the latter is true can feel devastating!

so like, in the grand scheme of things, a group disbanding isn't really that big of a deal. the members will go on and do other things, and that's okay. but it can still hurt when it happens, and that's okay too.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Because of the persona idols keep up fans don't realize they were actually tired of being in the group the entire time, thus when the announcement comes its shocking and hard to accept. The best way to solve this is for idols and companies to be honest with fans. RBW let fans know Wheein will stay in Mamamoo until 2023 so fans can accept that when the time comes. For groups like Gfriend it really came out of nowhere and led fans to speculation over what exactly happened.

• Why do people feel upset when they're favorite shirt rips or their favorite TV show ends or the store stop selling their favorite brand of ice cream? Because want to enjoy things. It's not that deep.

Outside of immature fans, people are capable of being sad/disappointed about a thing they love and enjoy ending, but respect the wishes of the group.

• Disbanding and going solo or less active usually means drop in quality of future releases etc. It's probably because of this.

And if you are successful in big group, sell well, it's better to renew for at least 3 more years.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• JaSida

Selected a post as the best answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!