The whole fu yanying girls planet 999 hypocrisy

• Yes it’s a racist action, that doesn’t make the person racist tho. Hell I’ve said some crazy terms in my past, which I’ve learned not to say as I’ve been taught not to & why. Example, the T-word word transgenders. I thought it was a short way of saying trans, until I learned it was a slur and the actual short was is trans. That doesn’t make me transphobic, that just means I said something transphobic due to ignorance and needed to be checked on it

It’s beyond malicious to give the racist title & sticking to it with no intention of seeing the other side when no true indicator of her being a racist is shown. It looks less like an objective observation and more of a convenient feeling to justify going off on her to the max

And we don’t know if she knew. She’s from China and they on Weibo all day, not Twitter. And she’s under a company currently, they could’ve also told her not to say anything. We don’t truly know, but I don’t think it’s right to come to the very forced conclusion that she knew, didn’t care, and then suddenly decide to do so when I the backlash too bad

• Moral of the story, if you want to be stubborn and not forgive her, you got every right to & that’s your business. But it’s counterproductive to keep harassing her over it not only cuz she clearly said she didn’t know nor mean any malice, but it’s yesterday’s news like sis move oooooooon

Like when it gets to the point where I can’t even follow pages that report on the show that I rely on to give me accurate info on the show, because they want to be shady towards a contestant, it’s doing too much

• Then again, people knew that she didn’t actually know let alone mean any malice. But it’s fun to drag people when an opportunity is given, and it’s okay to bully/harrass people so long as you mask it as being woke

• What she did was wrong, most especially the N word story. But for Yujin specifically, although she constantly showed quite a "fierce" attitude, it's very important to have in mind how Mnet edits, make scripts and bloat things out of proportion.

I won't support her, for sure, it's just important to put things into perspective, especially when it will arrive to other participants (because it will).

I tried to watch a bit of the show today but there's a reason I heavily dislike those things

• Wow, when you have ignorance as a personality trait lmao I would recommend that you take your history lessons more seriouse

"Take a history lessons more seriously"? Who exactly is the one strawmaning now? Even before you mentioned you weren't from the U.S, I deduced that you had been privilege enough not to experience racism the way most black people do and therefore had the liberty to adhere to such nonsense like "treating racists with kindness" but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, cause literally what??? I Initially only mentioned Trump only because the last time I called someone Meeko from Pocahontas, the mods came after me. But again, I don't know you personally, but if that's not who you are, that's the impression given.

But better you had just said you liked Fu Ya Ning and called it a day. At least then there would be nothing worth arguing about.

Bottom line is: Don't tell other black people what constitutes as racism or how to react to said racism.

If you want to turn your cheek and get slapped u do that, but don't expect others to do that.

• Yes it’s a racist action, that doesn’t make the person racist tho. Hell I’ve said some crazy terms in my past, which I’ve learned not to say as I’ve been taught not to & why. Example, the T-word word transgenders. I thought it was a short way of saying trans, until I learned it was a slur and the actual short was is trans. That doesn’t make me transphobic, that just means I said something transphobic due to ignorance and needed to be checked on it

It’s beyond malicious to give the racist title & sticking to it with no intention of seeing the other side when no true indicator of her being a racist is shown. It looks less like an objective observation and more of a convenient feeling to justify going off on her to the max

And we don’t know if she knew. She’s from China and they on Weibo all day, not Twitter. And she’s under a company currently, they could’ve also told her not to say anything. We don’t truly know, but I don’t think it’s right to come to the very forced conclusion that she knew, didn’t care, and then suddenly decide to do so when I the backlash too bad

You're still arguing about intentions here and I've already spoken about that so I'm not going to get into that again.

As for the being from China, part. Her fans said they messaged her on her SNS, it was Instagram I believe they said, no one mentioned anything about Twitter. Either way, if if she only used Weibo, that doesn't mean that there aren't ifans who are from China or speak Chinese that wouldn't have brought it up. The very fact alone that it was a controversy associated her name all over the internet should not have escaped her notice. It was big enough that it was literally everywhere the moment it was revealed she'd be on the show. Many ifans watched the Chinese versions of Produce and they, people who love to flood the SNS of problematic celebrities, you want me to believe they said nothing about it where she could see?

You also mean to tell me that people in China can know about our music, our fashion, and our slang when it comes time to imitate black culture but one of the most controversial words that even people in Korea know, she was completely clueless about? Even this day and age when the internet is right there but still she did not know????

As for malicious, the only thing I find malicious is the need to keep insisting that just because you don't think Fu Ya Ning is racist, then she isn't.

Racism is something that it is not always overt. Black people are used to picking up cues or detecting things like micro aggressions, learning to catch those things can sometimes be the very difference between life and death in certain situations. What Fu Ya Ning did is an example of that kind of racism. People who have no problem singing the N-word are usually people who have no problem also saying it and are the same people that invalidate black people when they speak up about it.

Notice how she's the only one too. And I doubt she's the only one who's ever performed or listen to songs with the N-word but in all of 99 girls she is the only one with that controversy, including other girls from China, it's still just her.

I'll say this, and hopefully for the last time: Do not tell others how to feel about the issue. Nobody is obligated to forgive her or treat her kindly.

• It's hard to take these TV shows drama seriously. Everything could have been set up for all we know. It's television.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• It's the same thing that happens when there's a bullying controversy. The internet is huge on hypocrisy.

I still think she's a clown for going along with doing this shit for attention. It will boost her profile even if she loses so she wins in the end.

I agree with you except for the last part, her career is over at least internationally, she won't be getting any decent amount of support.

I know because in a huge brazilian reality tv show entered as one of the most known contestants, and lost everything for the rude reputation she built for herself in the show. She was eliminated with like, 99% of votes in a show that just a year before broke a mundial ecord of most amount of votes.

𝘪𝘷𝘦 ♡ 𝘢𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘢 ♡ 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢 𝘹 ♡ 𝘸𝘰𝘰!𝘢𝘩! ♡ 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵

𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘷 ♡ 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘩𝘰 ♡ 𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘰𝘬

1a00b52897790f4ae9a4865d54385ccd5150997d.gif
    IVE TAGLIST

• I have never said that I liked her lmao I said that I neither like or dislike her. You are really funny and hypocritical in one essay: saying to me to stop invalidating black racism by invalidating my experience as a black individual. Maybe take your own advice and read my responses throughly. I never said that racism is good, where did you pick that up? Read it all over again. I have never said that people cannot be angry. Hate is not an opinion. Period

• I dont really see people sending death threats to her here though.. are you talking about twitter... because if we talk about twitter then this is the case for literally every controversy

I have seen some under the videos with her and yikes. Twitter is a shithole though lmao you witness the hell on earth on that app but I saw videos that just mentioned her and people were really going overboard. Some criticized her without insulting her but some were...

• I have never said that I liked her lmao I said that I neither like or dislike her. You are really funny and hypocritical in one essay: saying to me to stop invalidating black racism by invalidating my experience as a black individual. Maybe take your own advice and read my responses throughly. I never said that racism is good, where did you pick that up? Read it all over again. I have never said that people cannot be angry. Hate is not an opinion. Period

The part about you liking Fu Ya Ning was me being sarcastic. I thought that was pretty obvious, but I guess not.

As for invalidating your experience as a black person when exactly did I do that? If you were reading anything I said at all, you would see that I stated multiple times that my issue is you guys trying to tell OTHER black people (something that you expressily seem to be doing which is why I have the opinion of you that I do, as if only your experience matters) how to deal with the situation. What about that can you not grasp?

As far as I'm concerned, whether you yourself as a black person find no issue with Fu Yan Ning or not is none of my business. That means relating to your experiences as well. Not my business. I do not care. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't form an opinion of you, which, again, I am pretty sure I said it clearly that I don't know your personally, but based on your responses, that's just the energy I get. And when you respond to me with that energy, of course I'm going to call it out.

As for the hypocrisy talk, hunny, take a look in the mirror at who's talking. You want to say you don't think racism is a good thing but that it also does not deserved to be hated?

"You can be angry at racism and racists, just don't be hateful"? like, lmao okay. And they you wonder why my opinion of you formed that way.

Anyways, I'm just about done here and had enough of this nonsense.

• Hate is not an opinion or a way to concern things. As I will repeat myself: hate is not, will never be and shouldn’t be counted as an opinion.

Also, calling me privileged because I am not living in the US and dealing with different types of racism, is in fact invalidating. For someone who says that others should hear themselves talking you should read your own replies and maybe use arguments instead of this whole “y‘all hate black people“. I can already imagine your response if I was a white person. People can be sad or angry about it but it just doesn’t justify their wrongdoings by using hate speech. Eye for an eye should stay in the bible. We are living in world with laws and values. Hate is acceptable in neither of those

• That’s a little harsh…bringing religion into this is kind of uncalled for…Just because we don’t see eye to eye doesn’t mean we should stoop to the level of bringing hell into it…people are upset, and they have every right to be when the word used has oppressed black people for years.

Yes people have the right to be upset about it but to turn and do the same to them if not worse makes them no better. Also let's start looking at the world I know most people in the west have a God complex because the default assumption is everyone around the world regardless of age, education level or geographic location MUST already know and have intimate knowledge of their history, culture and traditions and language to not know it means you are a bad person which is totally ridiculous and unreasonable.

Now racism etc is a fucking terrible and disgusting thing but people have to get their head out of their ass the world doesn't revolve around you you're not the center of attention.

There's millions if not billions of people who don't know jack shit about all the nuances, of American history etc, these people will not know the history, connotations etc about everything that happened in your history. Like that time bang Chan did a dance from a music video that Gambino made and a pose in it that the artist does that he replicated was apparently racist and he got flack for it. You see the problem? You can't just say well educate or know this or that, when people from that culture and country didn't know that was a problem. How do you expect total strangers who have 0 connection to country to somehow understand? It doesn't help matters when you allow people of your own country use these taboo things as pop culture without any condemnation or education behind it, which leaves a confusing slippery slope where strangers= forgieners fall into the trap of repeating it out of purr innocence and ignorance of something they could not have known of before hand because context isn't something given to them because they didn't experience it or have it in their lives and end up doing something racist by mistake. That's like here in Korea, I know for sure many people around the world even those who are kpop or drama fans probably are unaware of the issue Koreans have with Japan or the rising sun flag, just because you had one at home because it looks cool, wouldn't justify me trying to rip you apart because how am i supposed to expect that you know about my countrys complicated history when you are totally removed from that being from a totally different country and culture.

Think about that

• People tend to go with the flow based on how people are reacting.

See, if everyone in that room cheered and said "Ooooh! Girl! Tell 'em!", this wouldn't be a problem right now. We'd be seeing folks on Twitter praising her for being a "savage" and having a confident attitude.

But no, because the clip made it seem like everyone in the room felt uncomfortable and disapproved of what she said, people are saying she was crossing the line for that.

It's all about perspective. You can choose to take a western approach and see her as a boss, strong, independent woman or you can see her as a disrespectful, condescending person. Up to you. Just make sure to have your own opinion about it instead of going along with other people's reactions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!